or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AGJiffy's Wall Street Indiviudally Modified Conservative Business Dress Week Threak
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AGJiffy's Wall Street Indiviudally Modified Conservative Business Dress Week Threak - Page 6

post #76 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I will pay the monogramming fee for the first person who shows me photographic evidence that they did this.



All handmade. Will you please paypal me the €20?
post #77 of 293
This thread is above my pay grade but has been the best read in recent memory. Carry on.
post #78 of 293
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

What if I don't have children? What if I'm impotent?

#Sprout2: Having children is my motivation for hiding my monogram. You should focus on the unique aspects of your life and decide what those say about a monogram in relation to your personal style, just like P-K-L did below.

What I do should have no bearing. Don't you see? This thread isn't about doing what I do. This thread is about finding the unique aspects that make you who you are as an individual and expressing yourself through personal style in a way that I determine to be appropriate. You can't just do what I do. Look - Vox dressing like Vox is Vox's personal style. 25 other guys dressing like Vox is also Vox's personal style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-K-L View Post



All handmade. Will you please paypal me the €20?

#P-K-L: This is despicable. You need to find a way to tamp down your urges and to resist pompous displays like that unbearable mid-chest monogram. Do you know what else, like that monogram, is all hand-sewn? Stitches for bitches who show up with that shit in my neighborhood, which is wall street.

Mods can you please move P-K-L's posts and profile to FilmNoirBuff.
post #79 of 293
Thread Starter 
ensemble
Edited by Griffyndor - 6/17/16 at 6:13am
post #80 of 293
It's because the fit of your fit isn't fitting, causing you to not fit in. I wouldn't look twice if you wore this fit to see some ensemble play Bach or Bruckner, though.
post #81 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Day 2

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
- Bhagavad Gita

Yesterday we began to learn the basics of WSIMCBD. Today we take a deeper dive and earn a masters at WSIMCBD University under the watchful tutelage of Professor AGJiffy, Dr. Esq. And so we are at the end before we have reached the middle, but it is important to understand where we are going.

Can you describe everything that is wrong with the outfit below? What are the fatal flaws in this expression of WSIMCBD? On what basis will this ensemble result in my year-end bonus being reduced?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Whilst I commend you on the fit of that jacket, it looks to have been orphaned from a suit. Peak lapel, one button with a ticket pocket as an odd jacket is bordering on dandy for me. Also, the incongruence between the trousers and the jacket colors is a bit jarring. 

post #82 of 293
Bad trouser and jacket combo; peak lapel, one-button SB jacket (although, that seems just as dandy as your pagoda shouldered, triple patch pocket choice yesterday); and most of all, a really ugly tie.
post #83 of 293

French style is maligned to never be understood by a wider audience.

post #84 of 293
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

and most of all, a really ugly tie.

Finally a decent contribution to the thread from DWW.
post #85 of 293

If by decent you mean obvious. Not that it didn't warrant saying.

post #86 of 293
Maybe the tie was a gift from a boss? Wearing it could increase bonus potential. Like not sleeping with the boss's son
post #87 of 293
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

If by decent you mean obvious. Not that it didn't warrant saying.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, Caustic Man. What I mean is that the other things DWW mentions don't really seem to be drawing attention outside of the internet, although this tie is definitely getting some snickers. The tie is so loud that I probably forced the conclusion that I wanted a little bit (maybe if the tie had been equally ugly but less bright?). That being said, a pretty decent portion of my jackets are one-buttoned. Very few are peak lapel. And while this is a jacket that I love and plan to wear all the time, it is something I didn't purchase with work in mind.
post #88 of 293
I've never worked on Wall Street, but are SC + trouser combos actually acceptable? I would have thought a typical work uniform would be a navy or charcoal suit.

Probably should cc' @gdl203 since he actually worked there.
post #89 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Day 2

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
- Bhagavad Gita

Yesterday we began to learn the basics of WSIMCBD. Today we take a deeper dive and earn a masters at WSIMCBD University under the watchful tutelage of Professor AGJiffy, Dr. Esq. And so we are at the end before we have reached the middle, but it is important to understand where we are going.

Can you describe everything that is wrong with the outfit below? What are the fatal flaws in this expression of WSIMCBD? On what basis will this ensemble result in my year-end bonus being reduced?


top fit for wall street mail room or back office IT support.
post #90 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post


The two aren't mutually exclusive, Caustic Man. What I mean is that the other things DWW mentions don't really seem to be drawing attention outside of the internet, although this tie is definitely getting some snickers. The tie is so loud that I probably forced the conclusion that I wanted a little bit (maybe if the tie had been equally ugly but less bright?). That being said, a pretty decent portion of my jackets are one-buttoned. Very few are peak lapel. And while this is a jacket that I love and plan to wear all the time, it is something I didn't purchase with work in mind.

 

Maybe if it had been a large-paisley tie in a muted color it would have warranted a more introspective answer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

I've never worked on Wall Street, but are SC + trouser combos actually acceptable? I would have thought a typical work uniform would be a navy or charcoal suit.

Probably should cc' @gdl203 since he actually worked there.

 

I would be interested to hear the answer to this. I know a grand total of one person IRL who actually works on Wall Street and he has given me the impression that SC/trousers are a no-go. He's just one person though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › AGJiffy's Wall Street Indiviudally Modified Conservative Business Dress Week Threak