or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › East Sicily Tailors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

East Sicily Tailors - Page 8

post #106 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

Whoops, thanks for the correction!

No worries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

In that case, Liverano is clearly a step above Corcos and Guida.

Well, Corcos is clearly a different cut, which is why I use (and appreciate) both.
post #107 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

He dresses really well. One of the best posters on the board, although I don't think he posts much here nowadays.

Thanks Derek!
post #108 of 358

It is amazing that Ren and Stimpy was on children's television.

post #109 of 358
Thread Starter 
Not the best picture, but the best I can do for now.
post #110 of 358
Very, very nice. Easily one of the nicest things I have seen in years..
post #111 of 358
That's an awesome, awesome suit.
post #112 of 358
Thread Starter 
Thanks fellas. Really pleased with how it turned out. Special thanks to @nomanwalksalone for doing another run of the Fox flannel & rushing it out to me in time for my trip.
post #113 of 358
Looks like he was able to account for your low right side nicely, doesn't look like it's collapsing on the right chest at all. Was it that good with the lighter weight fabrics?
post #114 of 358
Thread Starter 
The shoulder is low, which I told him not to pad. He cleaned up the sides of both jackets and unless I have really bad posture (like when the Warriors lose the finals) it falls nice and smooth.
post #115 of 358

That suit is amazing. Well done!

post #116 of 358
Awesome looking jackets! Was in Sicily a couple of weeks ago myself for about a week. Too many towns to see. Favorites places were Cefalu, Taormina, and Vulcano.
post #117 of 358
@UrbanComposition Just curious: when have a suit jacket and pents made by 2 different makers, does the tailor who makes the jacket provide you with the trim (i.e. buttons and such) for the pents?
post #118 of 358
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

Awesome looking jackets! Was in Sicily a couple of weeks ago myself for about a week. Too many towns to see. Favorites places were Cefalu, Taormina, and Vulcano.
Cefalù is great. Taormina is amazing but I prefer Castelmola up above. Didn't hit Vulcano but we stayed three days in Panarea, which was my favorite. One week is way too short.
post #119 of 358
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

@UrbanComposition Just curious: when have a suit jacket and pents made by 2 different makers, does the tailor who makes the jacket provide you with the trim (i.e. buttons and such) for the pents?
The Pents were made first and all honesty I didn't even bother to ask for more buttons. I don't think they exactly match the jacket but they're pretty close.
I'm having Tailors Keep do the Pents for the two fresco jackets and I'll have those in-hand before the trousers get trimmed.
post #120 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

The Pents were made first and all honesty I didn't even bother to ask for more buttons. I don't think they exactly match the jacket but they're pretty close.
I'm having Tailors Keep do the Pents for the two fresco jackets and I'll have those in-hand before the trousers get trimmed.

In Naples it's traditional to have different buttons on the jackets and the pants, since it's "sartoriale" to have the pants and jacket made in different places rather than in one factory, and therefore the different trim shows that it's bespoke (at least this is what Dionisio from Formosa explained to me).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › East Sicily Tailors