or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post

Some Recent Projects:

Card wallet in American Alligator and Chèvre Mysore:








Very nice color combination here. It's going to be a real attention grabber whenever your client who commissioned the piece pulls it out.
post #107 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post


Very nice color combination here. It's going to be a real attention grabber whenever your client who commissioned the piece pulls it out.


Thank you! Sometimes there are color combinations that surprise me, this was one of them. It was very nice.

 

Quote:
 
Never forget that it only takes one vegan vermin to fuckup a perfectly good plan for a sweetbread meal. - Fuuma

 

and raise my material cost ;)

post #108 of 163
Thread Starter 

Chèvre De Chagrin Briefcase

 

 

 

post #109 of 163
Thread Starter 

Alligator + Chèvre Mysore

 

post #110 of 163
Prolific!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post

Chèvre De Chagrin Briefcase











Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post

Alligator + Chèvre Mysore




post #111 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Prolific!
 


You're very kind. Thank you!

post #112 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post

Alligator + Chèvre Mysore




would love to see the finished version here.
post #113 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


would love to see the finished version here.


You've got it!

 

 

post #114 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post


You've got it!













gorgeous. thickness on this thread?
post #115 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


gorgeous. thickness on this thread?


It's 8 pages thick, currently :)

 

 

But actually, everything I use dances around half a mil.

post #116 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post


You've got it!














Happy owner of that card holder here. It is great.
Also just received another nilo croc card holder and passport holder from Parker also great. I got a dangerous habit of exotic SLGs going on right now.
Below are parkers pics of the card holder and passport holder. I will snap some more pics when i get a chance. Thr navy is slightly darker than those pics.










Edited by coldinboston - 10/13/16 at 7:17pm
post #117 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierpontLeather View Post


But actually, everything I use dances around half a mil.
this one looks like 0.6 or 0.7 mm thick, whereas some of your other threads look thinner around 0.5 mm thick. the 0.6 / 0.7 looks better in my opinion. the 0.5 mm thick looks a little thin for the substantial leather work you do
post #118 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldinboston View Post


Happy owner of that card holder here. It is great.
Also just received another nilo croc card holder and passport holder from Parker also great. I got a dangerous habit of exotic SLGs going on right now.
Below are parkers pics of the card holder and passport holder. I will snap some more pics when i get a chance. Thr navy is slightly darker than those pics.

Thank you - glad you're enjoying them.

 

You're on a streak of fun projects!

post #119 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


this one looks like 0.6 or 0.7 mm thick, whereas some of your other threads look thinner around 0.5 mm thick. the 0.6 / 0.7 looks better in my opinion. the 0.5 mm thick looks a little thin for the substantial leather work you do


You have a very keen eye! 

 

I do use slightly different thread thicknesses in different instances - there are certain variables that all change in tandem to meet an aesthetic that I'm after. I've got a few different ways that I stitch, and they have different advantages and disadvantages. One isn't 'stronger' or anything, but they lay differently, and allow for different thread thicknesses. 

 

Sometimes it helps to have a thread that blends in and sometimes it's better to show subtle variation. Sometimes the back & front of the stitch needs to be a certain way, visually, and sometimes it doesn't. 

 

All have some advantages and disadvantages, and usually craftspeople tend to settle into one or the another. I just find use in all of them, so I practice both. I see a few others do the same, but most only stitch one way and keep it that way (which I respect and admire all the same - there's beauty in the repetition of a solitary action over a lifetime, it's where the battles of mastery are won.)

 

I could go on and on about stitching - but perhaps it would keep me from the actual stitching :)

 

Love the input though! The difference in thread diameter rarely is more than .1mm from piece to piece - usually somewhat incomprehensible to most. It's usually just below the range of perception for most - not that it's impossible to see. Very interesting that you picked up on it.

post #120 of 163

Here are some pictures of the card holder and passport holder in Dark BLue Nilo and dark grey Chevre lining.

good stuff!

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread