NEW ARRIVALS! 44 CLASSIC IVY/TRAD TIES! Ben Silver, Burberry Novacheck, Madras, Langrock of Princeton, Brooks Bros., Dartmouth Co-Op,The English Shop of Princeton, more! FREE SHIPPING & OFFERS WELCOME!
Will Ship To: Anywhere
As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING in the USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost.
Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME, especially on two or more ties!
Please PM with interest and offers!
NB: Unless otherwise noted, all ties are in excellent condition.
GROUP 1: REGIMENTALS!
1) SOLD Prince Ginio. Woven in Italy. Likely late 1960s. 3". A lovely classic regimental! Very Good/Excellent condition. $12.
2) SOLD Maurice Pearce of Princeton. Known for its Scottish woolens in its heyday of the 1960s, this was one of the smaller classic clothing stores on Nassau St. in Princeton. This is a lovely, classic regimental tie, likely from the late 1960s. 3 1/4". Very Good/Excellent condition. $14
3) SOLD Boston Trader. Pale pink stripes on a navy background. My pictures don't o this beautiful tie justice at all! Made in the USA. 3 3/8". $13.
4) SOLD The English Shop of Princeton. One of the Big Five Ivy clothiers, this is a beautiful, classic regimental tie. Excellent condition. 3 1/4". Just $14.
5) SOLD Vintage Carven of Paris regimental. Made in France, all silk. My pictures don't do this justice at all--the stripes are cream and dove grey on a classic black background. Beautifully Mad Men! 3". MINOR blemish on lining on thin end of the tie, as shown. Just $13.
6) Charles Tyrwhitt of Jermyn St. Pink and navy stripoes. Made in Italy. 55/45 silk/cotton. A lovely heavy luxurious fabric! Minor surface dustiness (exaggerated in the pictures) so Very Good condition. 3 3/4". $12.
7) Brigade of Guards tie. Polyester. 3 1/8". $9.
8) Dickinson College tie. 3 7/8". Silk. $10.
9) SOLD Hunt Club. A lovely classic regimental! 3 3/4". Made in Italy. $12.
10) SOLD CLASSIC VINTAGE REGIMENTAL! Made in the USA for Pietro di Como. All silk. 3". $14.
GROUP 2: VARIOUS--including Burberry Novacheck, Madras, and regimentals!
11) SOLD Christopher Hayes regimental. Beautiful tie, perfect for summer! Please note that there are NO blemishes on this tie; that's just glare! Made in the USA. 3 1/4". $12.
12) SOLD Princeton University Store regimental tie. Polyester. 3 1/2". $9.
13) SOLD The Custom Shop. Regimental. 3 1/4". $10.
14) SOLD Current Burberry Novacheck tie. Made in Italy. This appears to have a tiny, tiny blemish on it, as shown, but this won't be seen when worn. (You can hardly see it when looking for it!) Very Good condition.3 3/4". $17.
15) VINTAGE Brooks Brothers geometric tie. This is simply wonderful! It has some minor discoloration from age in the lining, as shown, as the hint of a starting fray on one side. Very Good condition. 3 3/4". $12.
16) SOLD VINTAGE regimental. Bill Blass. Likely 1980s. All silk. Very Good/Excellent condition. 3 1/8". $12.
17) Luciano Brunelli. Made in Italy. 4". $10.
18) Lucien Solari. Made in Italy. A lovely thick tie! This is much more golden than the yellow it appears. 3 3/4". $12.
19) VINTAGE IVY TIE! From the Co-Op at Dartmouth comes this lovely bull and bear emblematic, likely sold to a Dartmouth grad. heading to Wall St. c. 1967. 3 1/8". $18.
20) BEAUTIFUL Madras tie, made from "Viceroy Madras". Minor blemish on the lining, but otherwise excellent. A wonderful Ivy summer item! 3 3/8". $15.
GROUP 3: Regimentals
21) Nautica. A lovely, standard regimental tie. 3 1/4". $10.
22) Raleigh's. A classsic tradly regimental, perfect for summer poplin! This has the start of a rub to the back of the hem which can't be seen at all when worn, and in any case is almost unnoticeable; some minor disbalance to the blade, hence just Very Good condition, and so just $10.
23) Princeton University Store, in Princeton colours! 3 3/4". $14.
24) Chaps by Ralph Lauren. 3 5/8". Perfect colouring for a summer poplin sit, or seersucker jacket! $10.
25) H. Freeman of Philadelphia. A rare H. Freeman tie! 3 3/4". Excellent condition; the apparent discoloration to the cream stripes is just glare! $12.
26) Brooks Brothers. This is stamped with a star on the back of the blade in the knot area; I believe from this and the label that this is a Brooks Brothers second, although there's no keeper and I can't find any flaws. It is a lovely, classic tie, 3 5/8", and just $12.
27) Silk organzine warp and skein dyed; this is a lovely vintage tie from Bert Pulitzer! It has the very start of a rub on the left side of the leading edge of the tip of the blade, hence juts Very Good condition. 3 1/2". $9.
GROUP 4: Various summer-appropriate ties
28) Land's End regimental. A lovely classic regimental stripe, perfect for poplin! 3 1/8". $10.
29) Brooks Brothers Basics. A wonderful summer trellis pattern! As far as I can tell there's no difference between the Basics and the Makers lines from Brooks. 3 5/8. This has a tiny smudge in the knot area, hence just $12.
30) Toye, Kenning, Spencer of London. Tie made exclusively for the Royal Regatta at Henley. Founded in 1685 and still owned and run by the Toye family, this firm specializes in making regalia, especially for Guilds, universities, and Freemasons. They supply the Royal Family with appropriate items! 3 3/8". Polyester. $12.
GROUP 5: Assorted summer appropriate tie!
31) Vintage Burberry's tie. made in England--tennis racquets and balls! A lovely tie, perfect for the preppy summer. 3 5/8". $12.
32) A TRAD/IVY GRAIL! Absolutely gorgeous slubby silk twill broken bone herringbone tie from Langrock, THE premier trad. clothiers! So famous is Langrock that even its labels are collector's items. This tie is absolutely gorgeous; made in Italy exclusively for Langrock, this is in excellent condition, and is absolutely beautiful. 3 3/8". Asking just $20.
33) Ben Silver. Absolutely gorgeous, this does have some very minor wrinkling, and so is in Very Good/Excellent condition. This was extremely expensive new, but here it's just $19. 3 5/16". Beautiful and luxurious!
34) Christian Dior. All silk. A classic summer tie. 4". $9.
35) Gant. 100% LINEN! A gorgeous summer tie is a beautiful green. 3". $16.
36) Garrick Anderson. Palm trees emblematic. This is wonderful, with both the stylized palm trees and the deep iridescent green background giving this lovely tie a very 1950s/early 1960s feel! 3 3/4". $12.
37) Ugo Bassi. Made in Italy. Cabbages and beets! A lovely whimsical tie. 3 5/8". $14.
GROUP 7: More Regimentals!
38) This tie was made in Great Britain by Welch, Margetson & Co. of London, one of the premier shirtmakers in London, which also specialized in ties. Founded in 1824, this firm closed in 1963.... which means that this tie is likely late 1950s. It was originally sold by Langrock of Princeton, THE bastion of the American Ivy Style. It still carries all of its Langrock labels, which note that it was made for Langrock's by Welch, Margetson. It has some memory in the knot area, and so is in Very Good condition. 3 3/16". $15.
39) SOLD Husband's Corner was an upscale menswear store based in Florida, with a branch in Lake Placid, NY. It was founded in 1969, and folded before 1992, when its trademark became defunct. This is a lovely classic Talbott tie that retains its HC label. This is 3 1/4", and originally retailed for $10--back when $10 was worth something! Excellent condition. $14.
40) Robert Talbott. Genuine regimental tie: The Highgate School of England, founded in 1565. Excellent condition. 3 3/4". $13.
41) Another Langrock regimental--this time, South Grammar School. Made in Italy, 3 1/4". This does have some minor rubbing on the right side of the blade on the edge, as shown, hence is in Good condition--perfectly wearable, especially at only $9!
42) GRAIL! Another Welch and Margetson tie for Langrock. Very Good/Excellent condition; likely late 1950s, early 1960s. 3 3/8". Just $14.
43) Harry Ballot of Princeton. A rival to Langrock and The English Shop! A lovely tie. Poly/silk, although this appears to be pure silk. Very Good/Excellent condition. 3". Asking just $11.
44) Resilio regimental. Absolutely beautiful! 3". A lovely tie! Excellent condition. Just $13.
Edited by tweedydon - 7/9/16 at 10:43am