Hey everyone. This is my first post here. I hope it isn't an annoying often asked question.
This summer, I want to buy my first nice sport coat. My budget is roughly $800-$900, although for a really nice one, I wouldn't mind throwing in a few more bucks.
Here are the qualities I'm looking for:
* Something in a very universal color. I've seen navy suggested a lot, and earlier I was looking at a light gray one. The problem with navy is that two pairs of my slacks are the same color so it might just not look good. I tend to wear black, brown, navy, and gray slacks on most days.
* Something that's not too hot. I sweat a lot. Later on this year I'll probably get a nice wool/cashmere one but for now something more suited to the hot summer months would be best.
* Something not too unique in its design, but not too conservative. Something I can use when meeting a client yet something I can also wear over the weekend would be great.
* Something I can buy online, preferably from mrporter. I live in Japan where they just don't carry clothes big enough for a 6'4 person.
I was suggested Boglioli by a friend, and it looks pretty good to me. I like these three a lot:
(3) would probably be the safest option, although it does seem a bit warm. (2) is cashmere blended wool which looks pretty hot, and (1) is just really expensive.
I'm also unsure about the canvassing with Boglioli goods. Obviously canvassed would be far preferred to anything else.
Thanks a lot. I hope this is enough information.