or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sartoria in Napoli ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sartoria in Napoli ? - Page 2

post #16 of 26

Marco Cerrato, @cerratomarco on instagram. E-mail: marco.cerrato76@gmail.com

post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davarpanah View Post

So, survived the Napoli traffic. Funny place to drive a car - absolutely no rules - just avoid hitting the other cars and pedestrians and don't ever really touch your brake too much biggrin.gif

So, as dieworkwear correctly has stated - Caliendo was well above my price range ! He quoted me 3.100 Euro for a jacket - and 3.600 € for a suit. He wasn't at his "store" (more an apartment), so I only got to chat with him on the phone.

I tried dropping by nsm- but no one was there. Still a bit unsure what to think of nsm - it seems some people love it, and other are a bit skeptical. But their prices are great - and think I'll give them a go some day ! Even though Mina might be or not be a Tailor. Aren't experienced enough to know how much of a difference, if any, that makes ?

But for now, I've put in an order for a sportsjacket with Solito. Price - 2100 € with fabric. So first fitting is in July - due to my schedule not allowing for a trip to London at the end of this month. With regards to the jacket my only two requirements were - 1. I chose the fabric - 2. tell them to do things exactly according to their house style.

And while in london, I'll check out steed and see what thats all about.

If I every go bespoke, those are my only requirements as well.
post #18 of 26

Cerrato: When you are on via toledo walk on the direction of Piazza Dante. There's an alcott store and then a bank on the right. About the level of the bank but on your left there are streets which are perpendicular to via toledo. There's one street on which there's a kind of green carpet in the beginning. On this street walk to the direction of the top of the street. On the right in the corner there's a kind of white windows and door this is the Cerrato's atelier. If you can't find ask somebody around. He's a nice guy, he makes nice pants and prices are very reasonable.

post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 

@dfoverdx  - thanks for the directions. Does anyone know how many fitting he requires for the first pair - and then how many for future orders ? And how is the pricing ? Have read somewhere that its 300 € ? - assume thats without fabric ?

post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 

I've gathered some more information on Marco cerrato - http://thestylebuff.com/magazine/marco-cerrato-bespoke-trousers-in-pure-neapolitan-style/.

 

Just wrote him an email regarding fittings and pricing. Found his email on his instagram - doesn't seem as though he has a webpage.

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davarpanah View Post
 

@dfoverdx  - thanks for the directions. Does anyone know how many fitting he requires for the first pair - and then how many for future orders ? And how is the pricing ? Have read somewhere that its 300 € ? - assume thats without fabric ?

 

For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar.

 

For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric... maybe he increased slightly the price but not 300 for sure...He's a very nice guy and will do a good pant for you.

 

Don't expect to get a reply to your e-mail by the way... Just go to his atelier and discuss with him.

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleu View Post

Marco Cerrato, @cerratomarco on instagram. E-mail: marco.cerrato76@gmail.com


Just checked out Cerrato's Instagram and his stuff looks good. I think I recognized @WeakMonday in one of his posts.

Anyone have recent experience with him?
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoverdx View Post
 

 

For fitting probably he requires one but i suggest you to insist to make a second fitting especially if you are around. Don't get more than 1 pants because if you give him 2-3 fabric he will suggest to do fitting only on one and make the others in same measurements which personally i don't like. I prefer do fitting on all pants because every pants fit differently even though fabrics are similar.

 

For pricing if i remember correctly it was around EUR 180 without fabric... maybe he increased slightly the price but not 300 for sure...He's a very nice guy and will do a good pant for you.

 

Don't expect to get a reply to your e-mail by the way... Just go to his atelier and discuss with him.

Can I get in contact with him in any way? Pretty long journey from Denmark, just to realize that he's on vacation ! And does he speak any english ?

post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 

F*** me - how is it, that every single tailor shop I happen to cross, messes up my order somehow. I'm new to the game - and heck, I'm ready to all-in on OTR soon. So here's my experience with Solito. I visit their shop in Naples, and choose fabric and so on. We agree to meet up in London. I email with him a couple of times, trying to arrange the london meeting, regarding dates and times and so forth. I show up on London, and he doesn't have my jacket with him (it not made, even though he says it is), and he doesn't even recognize me. So a whole day wasted traveling from Denmark to London. He promises me, to get things in order. I send him the emails below - and absolutely no response. What a freaking waste of my time. So everybody is hereby warned. I will be posting this on the Solito thread as well.

 

Hi again,

 

I’m still waiting for response  - see below.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Luigi,

 

I, quite unhappy with the situation last Thursday. When paying that much for a bespoke jacket – I expect things to be in order. I’m not pleased with a whole day of travel being wasted – and money as well. I’ve spend 240 Euros on the trip to London – which I expect to be deducted from the price of the jacket 2100 (price of jacket) – 240 (travel expenses) =  € - do you agree ? And with regards to a whole day wasted on travels – I expect the service to be extraordinary good in the future.

 

And just to make sure, that we don’t end up with any mistake again in the future – I would like to receive a photo of the jacket, so we can agree on the fabric. And next time you’re in London and I’m available at the same time, we can have the first fitting ?

 

1237 DKK planetickets

 

200 DKK parking at the airport

 

275 DKK – train tickets from airport to london

 

100 DKK – underground from victoria – charing cross

 

 

Emne: Re: London show - adress ?

 

Dear Bardia

The date is perfect

I will becat The Traveller's Club

106 Pall Mall

See you soon

Best Regards

Luigi

 

Inviato da iPhone

 

Il giorno 21 giu 2016, alle ore 08:24,

Hi,

 

I’ve ordered planetickets and will be seeing you on the 7th of july at 4 pm. Where in london is the trunkshow ?


Edited by Davarpanah - 9/22/16 at 12:19am
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 

He came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

 

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !

post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davarpanah View Post
 

He came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

 

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !

What did you decide in the end?


I have a similar budget to you - however am based in ldn myself. It appears solito is here pretty much on a monthly basis, therefore with 4 'fittings' based on an initial order /collection, it would theoretically be able to be complete in 4 months. However whilst his communication appears better these days, Im not sure whether this deliverability is any better, in that it still appears people are having 'fit' issues with the product. Requiring refitting after fitting e.t.c extending the process and not achieving a happy result.

Would be interesting to hear where else you go to. I've currently got an order placed with F.Guida, and the lack of communication is quite irritating/delay

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Sartoria in Napoli ?