or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW - Page 4

post #46 of 152

ping pong!!!!

post #47 of 152
Thread Starter 

Have at it: http://www.styleforummarket.com/products.php?product=The-%22New%22-Hopper-Boot-Preorder%2C-Viberg-for-Styleforum-%252d-shipping-worldwide-included.-50%25-deposite%2C

post #48 of 152


I pulled the trigger. I miss my Julian Mister Freedom boots and these look fucking awesome. 

Thanks, Fok!

post #49 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdocgs View Post
 


I pulled the trigger. I miss my Julian Mister Freedom boots and these look fucking awesome. 

Thanks, Fok!

BOOOM

post #50 of 152

Just deciding on what size I should go with. I hate sizing questions as much as the next guy, but any input would be helpful.

I have two pairs of Aldens: 11.5 Indy boots on the Truebalance last and 11.5 black shell cap toe on the Grant last.

I would say the Indy boots feel more comfortable compared to the shell, as the Grant last feels a little more narrow.

Any suggestions? From what I've gathered I'm somewhere in the 11.5-12 range since the 2005 runs shorter.

Thanks so much in advance.

post #51 of 152

I think sizing on the 2005 is a bit confusing, even for Viberg vets if they have never been exposed to it.  I've tried almost every Viberg last (except this one) and I'm basically the same size across the board.  Some info suggests that I should stay with my Viberg size for the 2005.  Other info suggests I should size up a half size because the 2005 runs small.  Complicating matters further...everyone is different and what works for some may not work for others.  I haven't a clue what will be correct and that will likely keep me from jumping in on this.  But it's a great looking boot and I just want to give a nod to stickydonk who came up with the original concept for it.

post #52 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneleigh View Post
 

I think sizing on the 2005 is a bit confusing, even for Viberg vets if they have never been exposed to it.  I've tried almost every Viberg last (except this one) and I'm basically the same size across the board.  Some info suggests that I should stay with my Viberg size for the 2005.  Other info suggests I should size up a half size because the 2005 runs small.  Complicating matters further...everyone is different and what works for some may not work for others.  I haven't a clue what will be correct and that will likely keep me from jumping in on this.  But it's a great looking boot and I just want to give a nod to stickydonk who came up with the original concept for it.

I always thought that it was the 2030 that confused people, with the elongated toe.

 

I would say to take your "regular" Viberg size on these.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #53 of 152
I agree. Keep in mind no laces means less control over tightening the fit. I also prefer a slip on like this or a Chelsea to start a bit snug and then relax over time
post #54 of 152
So I might be safer with a 11.5 like my Indy boot or maybe an 11.
I fear getting them in a few months and ending up with a boot that's far too big.
Looking at some other shoes I own:
Common Projects 44, a bit narrow.
Vans 12, Clarks 12, New Balance 11.5, Converse 11.5.
I'm probably just thinking about it too much at this point.
post #55 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

So I might be safer with a 11.5 like my Indy boot or maybe an 11.
I fear getting them in a few months and ending up with a boot that's far too big.
Looking at some other shoes I own:
Common Projects 44, a bit narrow.
Vans 12, Clarks 12, New Balance 11.5, Converse 11.5.
I'm probably just thinking about it too much at this point.

I would not size smaller than your Indy boot.  While I do not own any 2005 last based on my experience with every other last and seeing the photos relative to the 2030, I would think that would be a mistake.

post #56 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post
 

I would not size smaller than your Indy boot.  While I do not own any 2005 last based on my experience with every other last and seeing the photos relative to the 2030, I would think that would be a mistake.


Roger that, so it's 11.5 or 12 for me. Just a coin toss now I suppose.

It just seems weird since so many people say they go down a full size from their normal athletic shoe size when it comes to Viberg.

post #57 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post
 


Roger that, so it's 11.5 or 12 for me. Just a coin toss now I suppose.

It just seems weird since so many people say they go down a full size from their normal athletic shoe size when it comes to Viberg.

I wouldnt bother with anything relative to an athletic shoe, the internet sizing game is very difficult but I think a sneaker comparison is almost useless.  I would start with your Indy and try to make comparisons relative to that.  Wish I could be more helpful but there are so many variables and to be honest as I have said many times, there is variance from boot to boot.  You would be much worse off with something too small than something too big. 

post #58 of 152

It's a shame there are no Viberg stockists nearby. I think you're correct in suggesting I go off my Indy boot sizing instead of comparing other athletic shoes in relation.

I think I will go for the 12 and then if worse comes to worse they're a little big and I can get some nice inserts to help. I would much rather them be a little big instead of too small.

My Alden shell boots on the Grant last are 11.5 and a bit too small and narrow around my toes, so I don't wear them very often. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen with the Hoppers.

post #59 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I always thought that it was the 2030 that confused people, with the elongated toe.

I would say to take your "regular" Viberg size on these.

Cheers,

Fok.
I guess this begs the question, for some of us, as to what our Viberg size is. I am referring to those of us who are one size on the 2030 last (Barrie size) and a half size down from that on the 110 last. Which to go for on the 2005?
post #60 of 152
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post


I guess this begs the question, for some of us, as to what our Viberg size is. I am referring to those of us who are one size on the 2030 last (Barrie size) and a half size down from that on the 110 last. Which to go for on the 2005?

I would, personally, go with your 2030 size.  That is what I did, but I also hate tight shoes...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW