or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WHERE ARE THE AFRICA MEMBERS ON THE CLASSIC FORUM??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WHERE ARE THE AFRICA MEMBERS ON THE CLASSIC FORUM??

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hello All,

I've been a member of this forum since 2006 while a resident of NYC (15 years) and through it, enhanced my passion for gentlemen's tailored clothing.

Having moved to Africa in 2010, my participation declined in the intervening years but I miss the good stuff (tailored clothing). The biggest problem I find for those of us far away from the center (US or West Europe) is access to product we regularly see on this site and ability to fraternize with like minds.

I want to set up a thread for those faced with similar circumstances to explore ways in which we can indulge our passion for clothing despite the challenges. I would suggest an introductory thread with each member stating his/her (online) name or moniker and location, then we can go from there.

I'll start:

(i) Alan Bee (I live between Lagos, Nigeria & Dubai/Abu Dhabi, UAE)

Thank you and I hope to discover more than a few Co-Travelers

Alan Bee
post #2 of 19

MC2K here, Accra, Ghana. Lets see how it goes:) Cheers

post #3 of 19
I am US guy, but there a lot of SF members from Africa. I am always sending stuff to South Africa. A lot of good customers. I noticed a lot of them just stay in the B&S though.
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Bee View Post

Hello All,

I've been a member of this forum since 2006 while a resident of NYC (15 years) and through it, enhanced my passion for gentlemen's tailored clothing.

Having moved to Africa in 2010, my participation declined in the intervening years but I miss the good stuff (tailored clothing). The biggest problem I find for those of us far away from the center (US or West Europe) is access to product we regularly see on this site and ability to fraternize with like minds.

I want to set up a thread for those faced with similar circumstances to explore ways in which we can indulge our passion for clothing despite the challenges. I would suggest an introductory thread with each member stating his/her (online) name or moniker and location, then we can go from there.

I'll start:

(i) Alan Bee (I live between Lagos, Nigeria & Dubai/Abu Dhabi, UAE)

Thank you and I hope to discover more than a few Co-Travelers

Alan Bee


I'm Nigerian.. lived extensively in Lagos.. but live in the U.S now.. go back and forth sometimes as well.. good stuff!

post #5 of 19

Interesting to know @chocsosa I couldn't have tell. Always saw some Caribbean in you. I'd say a word or two in one of the popular languages in Nigeria if I knew which one you speak yourself. Have traveled extensively through Nigeria (18 states) all the way from north, the Nigerian border with Niger to south. If I'm not mistaken Tirailleur1 is also a Nigerian correct? I know for sure that barims & niidawg hail from Ghana. Would be fun to see some of those guys on this thread sometimes. Cheers:cheers:

post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post

I am US guy, but there a lot of SF members from Africa. I am always sending stuff to South Africa. A lot of good customers. I noticed a lot of them just stay in the B&S though.

@ Deveandepot1 ...... Is there anyway you can lure the Africa B&S Crowd to this thread? Perhaps you could start with your customers.

Nice one MC2K and Esosa (Chocsosa). Glad to meet you both virtually.

MC2K, I spent a lot of time in Accra while stationed in Lagos (2011 - 2014). I set up an office in Accra for my company and know some local afficinados. Perhaps you might know one of them smile.gif

Esosa, I've read an article on you on one of the blogs, I dont recall which. But was shocked you are 6' 7" and it doesn't appear so from your WAYWRN threads.

Keep it coming guys .....

Alan Bee
post #7 of 19
I will pm a few guys. smile.gif
post #8 of 19
Cheers all. I am from Pretoria SA, lived briefly in Botswana and Nigeria, now residing in Harlem NY where my work largely involves celebrating and promoting the culture of the greater African diaspora. This is my men's accessories brand, which uses materials sourced from across the continent: Thomas Mark Heritage

My whole aesthetic is about sneaking a piece of Africana into what I wear every day, be it a pocket square printed in Mali or wrist beads from Namibia or a Tuareg indigo scarf.
post #9 of 19

Really interesting @CruzAzul I see you even have something from Ghana. Were the materials sourced from Sunyani, Obuasi and Kumasi or you just named them after the cities? Interesting how you have the PS named after cities and towns in Mali. I know a few of those cities. Shouldn't the 15th PS (top-down) be Sikasso and not Skiasso? That's a region right north of the Ivorien northern frontier with Mali.

post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2k View Post
 

Interesting to know @chocsosa I couldn't have tell. Always saw some Caribbean in you. I'd say a word or two in one of the popular languages in Nigeria if I knew which one you speak yourself. Have traveled extensively through Nigeria (18 states) all the way from north, the Nigerian border with Niger to south. If I'm not mistaken Tirailleur1 is also a Nigerian correct? I know for sure that barims & niidawg hail from Ghana. Would be fun to see some of those guys on this thread sometimes. Cheers:cheers:


Im Edo... but lived in Lagos more than anything else...Tira is Naija (yoruba)..good to see some West African peeps on here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Bee View Post

Esosa, I've read an article on you on one of the blogs, I dont recall which. But was shocked you are 6' 7" and it doesn't appear so from your WAYWRN threads.

Keep it coming guys .....

Alan Bee

6"9 but hey, whats two inches, lol

post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzAzul View Post

Cheers all. I am from Pretoria SA, lived briefly in Botswana and Nigeria, now residing in Harlem NY where my work largely involves celebrating and promoting the culture of the greater African diaspora. This is my men's accessories brand, which uses materials sourced from across the continent: Thomas Mark Heritage

My whole aesthetic is about sneaking a piece of Africana into what I wear every day, be it a pocket square printed in Mali or wrist beads from Namibia or a Tuareg indigo scarf.

@ CruzAzul. Welcome on board. Keep it coming guys ......

Alan Bee
post #12 of 19

:)

post #13 of 19
^ This guy right here... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Is that all we have representing the Mother Continent on Styleforum?

Four (4) members from all of Africa??

Someone please say it ain't so smile.gif

Alan Bee
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Bee View Post

Is that all we have representing the Mother Continent on Styleforum?

Four (4) members from all of Africa??

Someone please say it ain't so smile.gif

Alan Bee


My man Kulata is one.. he is Nigerian as well..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › WHERE ARE THE AFRICA MEMBERS ON THE CLASSIC FORUM??