Hello! I'm new to the community, and I'm sure I'll be posting more in the later future. Disregarding the fact that I am new, I need help with my prom suit. I'm on a very STRICT budget. It's very difficult to get everything tailored, but I need critical advice on my suit.
Specifications of the suit:
1. Saks Off Fifth Polo Ralph Lauren Black Wool Suit (38S)
2. Modern Tailor French Cuff Dress Shirt (White)
3. The Tie Bar Solid Satin Tie (Black)
4. Cole Hans dress shoes (black)
5. Express belt, but I made absolutely sure the black leather belt matched with the shoes.
It's all really cheap stuff, but I just need to make sure I'm not creating a mess for myself, haha.
I need to list a few things beforehand:
1. There is no way I'm getting a tuxedo, so I'm getting something similar (just a suit) to fill in for the "black tie" formal apparel.
2. Is there divots? I think, but I read a website stating that as long as the divots are not "too bad" then it will be fine.
3. I'm bringing my suit to a friend who works at suit supply. He is going to pin it and then take it to a tailor. Will these alterations drastically improve the look of the suit, and do I really need to get an alteration for those divots (if there is any?)
- Sleeve length (Not too long, so it doesn't go up to the buttons, but closer)
- "Taking in" of the suit (about 2 inch from each side)
- Length of pants
The pants won't be shown because they fit pretty decent, and from seeing pictures and articles of how they should fit, they run along those lines clearly.
4. Should I shorten the length of the suit?
5. The suit's dress shirt in the picture will not represent the actual dress shirt. I did my measurements and submitted them to Modern Tailor, and they are going to send me a French Square Cuff, Medium Classic Collar, and white color for 35.00. I was iffy because I heard the shirt fabric was "intentionally terrible" as it is a trial shirt. However, some people did say the quality of the fabric is fine. Is this something I should be concerned about?
6. The bow-tie is not the tie I will be using, it's just to simulate.
7. Please tell me if there's anything else wrong with the suit, and please ignore the bathroom/background. Haha
Thank you gentlemen!