or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Panama Papers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Panama Papers - Page 3

post #31 of 66
Thread Starter 

Looks like the US tend to use other companies (CT Corp, CSC, etc)

post #32 of 66
I'm going to be more surprised if Trump isn't on the list, than if he is.
post #33 of 66
I keep thinking this is going to be a thread about rolling papers.
post #34 of 66
Thread Starter 
Very very expensive and hard to find papers
post #35 of 66
So how far back does this go? More than five years?
post #36 of 66
40
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So how far back does this go? More than five years?

No source on hand but I think if you read around there's mention that it goes back up to 40 years.

post #38 of 66
So the Bernie meme that says he predicted this five years ago over a Panama free trade deal is full of shit? Wow, I expect better from Bernie Backers.
post #39 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So the Bernie meme that says he predicted this five years ago over a Panama free trade deal is full of shit? Wow, I expect better from Bernie Backers.

I haven't bothered to look at the Bernie claim, but it's not exactly audacious to assume that offshore banking for tax evasion was going on in that part of the world. Wasn't it a barely concealed secret?


I mean, there's a Simpsons bit about Krusty having a Cayman Islands holding company to avoid taxes from 1996 of all things.
post #40 of 66
Look, Bernie has special insight. Stop acting like he's just human.
post #41 of 66
Thread Starter 

Jokes from last election about Romney too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I mean, there's a Simpsons bit about Krusty having a Cayman Islands holding company to avoid taxes from 1996 of all things.
 

 

post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


I haven't bothered to look at the Bernie claim, but it's not exactly audacious to assume that offshore banking for tax evasion was going on in that part of the world. Wasn't it a barely concealed secret?

About as secret as Switzerland, Luxembourg, Lichtenstein and Jersey.
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So the Bernie meme that says he predicted this five years ago over a Panama free trade deal is full of shit? Wow, I expect better from Bernie Backers.

I only saw this


What about him saying that Americans and corporations would be using Panama for hiding assets and evading taxes is untrue? Other than the fact that people were most certainly doing it before the free trade agreement was signed, I don't think there have been numbers released yet to get a "before and after" idea on American involvement in Panamanian Offshore accounts via the Panama Paper leak.
post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So the Bernie meme that says he predicted this five years ago over a Panama free trade deal is full of shit? Wow, I expect better from Bernie Backers.


Liar.
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I only saw this

What about him saying that Americans and corporations would be using Panama for hiding assets and evading taxes is untrue? Other than the fact that people were most certainly doing it before the free trade agreement was signed, I don't think there have been numbers released yet to get a "before and after" idea on American involvement in Panamanian Offshore accounts via the Panama Paper leak.

I saw one that basically said Bernie was so smart for fighting the free trade deal with Panama five years ago because...well...because!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › The Panama Papers