Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crappy fit from BB MTM GF 3p suit? Update with Samuelsohn...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crappy fit from BB MTM GF 3p suit? Update with Samuelsohn... - Page 3

post #31 of 39
Around thirty years ago I had a similar experience with Brooks Bros in Chicago.
And that was the "old" BB before they became a mass marketer with branches in
in shopping malls and cheap asian imports. I received a complete refund and have
never bought any tailored clothing from them since.
post #32 of 39

I received my suit from Samuelsohn through HR but am not satisfied with the fit. I would share some fit pics but I have not taken any.

 

The coat is simply too big and is currently at HR Yorkdale for alterations. Even after they are completed I doubt I will be satisfied. To be completely honest, the fit of the Richard OTR was better than what I received through the MTM program...

I will likely be putting HR's 100% satisfaction guarantee to the test & will be moving my business to the Yorkdale location hereafter. I found an associate there who I trust can do a much better job.

post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSwat View Post
 

I received my suit from Samuelsohn through HR but am not satisfied with the fit. I would share some fit pics but I have not taken any.

 

The coat is simply too big and is currently at HR Yorkdale for alterations. Even after they are completed I doubt I will be satisfied. To be completely honest, the fit of the Richard OTR was better than what I received through the MTM program...

I will likely be putting HR's 100% satisfaction guarantee to the test & will be moving my business to the Yorkdale location hereafter. I found an associate there who I trust can do a much better job.


My MTM Richard came out great, but I completely agree with your assessment of finding an associate you can trust. A very experienced manager measured me, but I think the results would have been different if a more junior person did all the measuring.

Definitely put their satisfaction guarantee to the test. Good luck! 

post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post

Opinions? They screwed up the MTM shirt (left cuff is so tight it won't button at all) so they will remake it.









Better but the sleeves and shirt are a joke - aren't they? If deliberate then a further cremation is called for!
post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSwat View Post
 

I received my suit from Samuelsohn through HR but am not satisfied with the fit. I would share some fit pics but I have not taken any.

 

The coat is simply too big and is currently at HR Yorkdale for alterations. Even after they are completed I doubt I will be satisfied. To be completely honest, the fit of the Richard OTR was better than what I received through the MTM program...

I will likely be putting HR's 100% satisfaction guarantee to the test & will be moving my business to the Yorkdale location hereafter. I found an associate there who I trust can do a much better job.

 

To be honest my experience at HR Yorkdale wasn't that great either. I had to go back twice because when they told me the suit would be ready by June 1st, well turned out it wasn't. I find a lot of these reps just care about commissions and hurry you out the door once they get your money.

 

But again, if majority of their customers won't give a fuss about tossing $5k for a zenga OTR suit then maybe I am just in the minority...

post #36 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
 

 

To be honest my experience at HR Yorkdale wasn't that great either. I had to go back twice because when they told me the suit would be ready by June 1st, well turned out it wasn't. I find a lot of these reps just care about commissions and hurry you out the door once they get your money.

 

But again, if majority of their customers won't give a fuss about tossing $5k for a zenga OTR suit then maybe I am just in the minority...


I think you're right. I recently came out of retirement and into the business world and went to HR to buy a fancy suit for business meetings. Something respectable and appropriate to grovel for a few million to fund a startup. lol! Not knowing about this forum and not really knowing anything about what to buy, (except that I wanted a full canvas jacket), in hindsight, my experience was sub-par for my OTR experience.

When I buttoned up the top button only of the 2-button jacket, my SA commented that she was happy I knew to only button that one button. Most of her customers didn't know that!

 

For the sub-par bit: aside from guiding me to a black (with subtle stripes) suit, (SF members facepalming now), the only tailoring she did was to adjust the sleeve and pant leg length. Seriously, what are the chances that I fit that suit so perfectly that nothing else needed to be adjusted?

So with this SA, it's likely that her clients don't know much about suits and the fit will be less than perfect. My new SA is quite different, and I feel a lot better.
 

post #37 of 39

Is there a specific reason that you went for single vented jacket? Both the MTM suits you've posted have had the back vent flaring. 

post #38 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspace View Post
 

Is there a specific reason that you went for single vented jacket? Both the MTM suits you've posted have had the back vent flaring. 

 

Just personal preference.

post #39 of 39

I almost feel bad for posting this, as I've had such great experiences with my SA at BB, but I had an almost opposite BB MTM experience of that of the OP. My jacket came out with sleeves that were too short, the back didn't have excess fabric, but was a bit tight. It looks ok, until you button the jacket, and then the dreaded x appears and a fold above the vent. If I keep a cel phone in one interior pocket a wallet in the other, I almost can't button the top button.

 

More concerning were the trousers. I have a lot of OTR casual Milano fit trousers, and like the cut and fit. I wear a size 32/34. While working out the size for this MTM order I tried on a few different suit trousers (as they might be cut differently than casual trouser such as chinos or corduroy), and went with Milano fit trousers, but in a size 33 and unhemmed. I figured if they needed a bit of adjusting in any direction it would be do-able. The trousers waist came out very tight (odd as my experience with my other trousers were that they were even a bit loose) and the rise was super low which is surprising since my belief was that suit trousers, if anything, are cut with a higher rise than casual trousers. I suppose I was misled, as the opposite occurred with these. The store heard my plea, and they suggested "letting out the crotch". This didn't really do much, as the rise is still low and the waist and seat are tight. I don't think there's much room in there to increase those measurements. I've worn these twice and I've come to the conclusion that they are unwearable and unalterable. Am I due a remake on these? Am I at fault for ordering the wrong size/fit?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crappy fit from BB MTM GF 3p suit? Update with Samuelsohn...