or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Menswear Advice › Bizarre Samuelsohn Made-to-Measure experience
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bizarre Samuelsohn Made-to-Measure experience - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Try contacting a retail store like their NY store and explaining your situation. Ask if they have numbers you could call for corporate help.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IChen View Post

Try contacting a retail store like their NY store and explaining your situation. Ask if they have numbers you could call for corporate help.

I might try that, I see they have a showroom in New York... I assume that's what you mean. They have a phone number listed, although the e-mail is the same generic one I contacted in the first place.

Of course, I already tried something like this. I asked the owner of O'Connors here in Calgary if he knew of anyone higher up at Samuelsohn. He didn't, but maybe someone else will.

I actually found the names of Samuelsohn's CEO and president on Bloomberg.com, but obviously no contact information. It seems pretty surreal to be thinking like this.
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWS View Post


I might try that, I see they have a showroom in New York... I assume that's what you mean. They have a phone number listed, although the e-mail is the same generic one I contacted in the first place.

Of course, I already tried something like this. I asked the owner of O'Connors here in Calgary if he knew of anyone higher up at Samuelsohn. He didn't, but maybe someone else will.

I actually found the names of Samuelsohn's CEO and president on Bloomberg.com, but obviously no contact information. It seems pretty surreal to be thinking like this.


I generally never do email because it'll go to either corporate or someone from customer service. Then they'll either contact the store for more info or give you an excuse and "sorry we can't do this" after a little bit. 

 

Calling or better, appearing in the store, is your best bet. 

post #19 of 24

Crazy experience, but I've definitely been through something similar before with a couple tailors. I wasn't smart enough to think about going to the manufacturer, so I never really won on mine. At least you have some potential recourse with them.

 

Would be interested to see how this saga plays out.

post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
I initially thought that my experience was a freak occurrence, and it probably really was unusually bad. But by some of the responses I've seen, I wonder if bad tailors doing MTM aren't more common than I thought. For the sake of their own reputation as well as for the sake of their customers, I'm starting to think that a company like Samuelsohn has a responsibility to exert more pressure, and create real consequences for a tailor's bad behaviour... not just more or less wash their hands of the matter because they've fulfilled the order sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOstyle View Post

Crazy experience, but I've definitely been through something similar before with a couple tailors. I wasn't smart enough to think about going to the manufacturer, so I never really won on mine. At least you have some potential recourse with them.

Would be interested to see how this saga plays out.

Well, going to the manufacturer has not gone so well... yet. I might try one of these phone numbers, as IChen suggested, but I'm also thinking of writing a letter to one of these people on the Bloomberg listing, and sending it to Samuelsohn's street address, maybe including a link to this thread. We'll see if it actually gets through, or gets answered...
post #21 of 24

one more thing you might try is posting to Samuelsohn's Facebook page or sending them a tweet. You might get a faster response than email or even calling since companies are so focused on their social media reputation nowadays. 

post #22 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway01 View Post

one more thing you might try is posting to Samuelsohn's Facebook page or sending them a tweet. You might get a faster response than email or even calling since companies are so focused on their social media reputation nowadays. 

Thanks, that's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that.
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
I just thought I'd post this update... Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions, but I no longer have to worry about this. Unbeknownst to me, someone at O'Connors has been making phone calls, and the deal with Samuelsohn is suddenly and mysteriously back to the way it was a few weeks ago, about $1000 discount rather than $475, taken off by the factory.

I don't know what was said, or by whom, and I won't ask too many questions. But I just want to suggest that anyone in Calgary should go down to O'Connors and buy things from them, they're a really good place, with really decent people.

Oh, and be really, really careful when you pick a tailor in the first place...
post #24 of 24
Thanks for the update. So who was the original fitter?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Menswear Advice
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Menswear Advice › Bizarre Samuelsohn Made-to-Measure experience