or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna silk/wool blend suits?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zegna silk/wool blend suits?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I recently looked at a Zegna silk and wool blend suit. It felt amazing, and looked beautiful, but how will this fabric hold up long-term as compared to regular Zegna wool?
post #2 of 8
Thread Starter 
bump
post #3 of 8
It should hold up only so well as it is well woven and also dependent on how heavy the fabric is. The blend of the fibres is not the critical determinant.
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post
It should hold up only so well as it is well woven and also dependent on how heavy the fabric is. The blend of the fibres is not the critical determinant.

So a suit that Zegna retails for $2,400 should hold up pretty well?
post #5 of 8
How often do you plan on wearing it? My sales reps at Zegna tell me to wear my 14 and 15 micron suits from Zegna about once a month at most.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post
It should hold up only so well as it is well woven and also dependent on how heavy the fabric is. The blend of the fibres is not the critical determinant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP View Post
So a suit that Zegna retails for $2,400 should hold up pretty well?

As Sator says the length of time it will hold up is contingent on how well it is woven and how heavy the fabric is!

The price(even $2400!), has little to do with it.

I would think that a $400 suit done in a heavy flannel would be well nigh indestructible whereas a $4500 Kiton suit done in a 7-9 oz. super 180s worsted would be very delicate.
post #7 of 8
When would you be wearing this suit? If you will be standing most of the time when wearing this suit then you can wear it as frequently as you can. But if you are sitting down a lot then the pants may wear out.
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle View Post
When would you be wearing this suit? If you will be standing most of the time when wearing this suit then you can wear it as frequently as you can. But if you are sitting down a lot then the pants may wear out.

Well, as I've really only gotten into suits in the last year, I don't have that many. However, they are in two camps: my work suits and my good suits. The work ones get worn pretty often, as much as once or twice a week, while the good suits come out only for special occasions, or the odd day when I really feel like wearing one to work, which is once a month at most. I usually get my work suits for $2-500 and my good suits for $7-1,100 by hitting good sales.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna silk/wool blend suits?