(I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this discussion, but I failed to find a better match. If I have mistaken, please accept my apologies).
1) I'm trying to register a Yahoo! JAPAN ID, so I'll have full and direct access to Yahoo! Japan Auctions (auctions.yahoo.co.jp). However, since the Japanese language and I have nothing in common, I fail to pass their CAPTCHA test which requires the user to rewrite a string of Japanese letters. What should I do? Is there any way around that?
2) On eBay, registered users can set up "followed search" in which users are notified (by mail or otherwise) of new items that match certain search criteria as defined by the user. It's a highly useful feature. Is there anything similar on Yahoo! Japan Auctions, regardless of being a registered user or not? If so, how do I access it?
3) I'm totally new to buying from Japan using proxies and mail forwarding. What service is the best one?
4) Same question, but for the USA. What's the best USA proxy and/or mail forwarding service?
5) And heck, what is the difference between a proxy and mail forwarding?
Thanks in advance.