or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Menswear Advice › Other sites that show you looks and let you buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Other sites that show you looks and let you buy?  

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, new here, looks a great forum.

 

I often use http://menwith.co to find looks I like and then buy the looks through the links on the site.

 

The issue is the site is outdated and no new stuff comes on.

 

Is there any other sites like this online please?

post #2 of 8
Stupid way to buy anything - that site is so gross as to be worthless.
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 

Wow, thanks for the help!

post #4 of 8

@GBR, sorta uncalled for - if there isn't anything productive to say, it's often better to say nothing at all. 

 

Re. sites like that in general, that "outfit + clothing grid" style is pretty common on the Complex sites, particularly for that style, and on myriad blogs, though none cross my mind at the time.  Incidentally, we will soon be introducing a new forum for advice, "menswear" advice, where these types of advice threads will be properly placed.

 

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

@GBR
, sorta uncalled for - if there isn't anything productive to say, it's often better to say nothing at all. 

Re. sites like that in general, that "outfit + clothing grid" style is pretty common on the Complex sites, particularly for that style, and on myriad blogs, though none cross my mind at the time.  Incidentally, we will soon be introducing a new forum for advice, "menswear" advice, where these types of advice threads will be properly placed.


Cheers,

Fok.

That would be good, leave this one for sensible discussion.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Stupid way to buy anything - that site is so gross as to be worthless.


+1 

 

Also sites like those run counter to the philosophy of this forum, which is to cultivate one's own sense of good dress for the appropriate occasion, without someone explicitly telling you what to put on.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by starro View Post

 

Also sites like those run counter to the philosophy of this forum, which is to cultivate one's own sense of good dress for the appropriate occasion, without someone explicitly telling you what to put on.

Actually, the philosophy of this site is to cultivate and share our common interest in menswear.  It has been from the inception of this forum is 2002.  From the beginning of this forum, there have been members with disparate tastes, perhaps even more varied than they are today, throughout the entire forum.  Though we certainly did not, and continue to not, agree on certain matters, everyone was respectful of each other.  

 

Also, we've had "lists of basics" and "this is what you need for a good wardrobe" threads forever.  While personal style is a great ultimate goal, inspiration and instruction are certainly not counter to the philosophy of this forum.

 

Re comments to new members.  I feel that maybe we need to bring some of that old civility back.  This forum was actually created in reaction to the trolling and incivility in the GQ forums.  It was never a bastion of decorum, but it was always full of members who respected one another.

 

I'll reiterate what we've said for years.  This forum is like a friendly bar.  If you wouldn't say something to some (huge) guy's face, you probably should say it, period.  Let's leave the blanket insults to the comments sections of a news site (e.g. u r an idiot lol stfu).

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

That would be good, leave this one for sensible discussion.

Let's just be respectful of other members.  Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Menswear Advice
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Menswear Advice › Other sites that show you looks and let you buy?