or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Doctor's Bag suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Doctor's Bag suggestions

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Hello gentlemen. I'm a Pediatric Neurologist and like to carry around an assortment of exam tools and toys to distract fussy children. I am looking for a nice bag to carry around my stuff. I've tried A couple different Tumi and Jack Spade bags, but nothing has felt right. I want the traditional doctor's bag style, but I want it to be up to SF quality. The standard bags that all the medical websites and stores carry are just not up to par. I'm hoping some of you have come across some nice options over the years and can provide some good suggestions. Thanks!
post #2 of 9
Have you looked at Frank Clegg?
http://frankcleggleatherworks.com/leather-bags/travel-luggage.html
post #3 of 9

The classic "top frame" briefcase is, to my eyes, pretty much identical to the stereotypical doctor's bag.

 

You can get them from Swaine Adeney Brigg and Brooks Brothers (the BB ones are, I believe, made by SAB), but they're not inexpensive:

 

http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/store/swaine-adeney/document-cases/whitehall

 

 

If you do a search for top frame briefcase, particularly on a site such as eBay, you should get some second-hand examples in good condition, too. There are other brands that make them, as well.

post #4 of 9
post #5 of 9

I have, and love, a Bill Amberg Rocket bag (mine is dark brown). As a warning, it is NOT cheap. I believe you can get them in cordovan now, as well as a few colors in bridle.

Not mine, but a picture:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
 

The classic "top frame" briefcase is, to my eyes, pretty much identical to the stereotypical doctor's bag.

 

You can get them from Swaine Adeney Brigg and Brooks Brothers (the BB ones are, I believe, made by SAB), but they're not inexpensive:

 

http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.com/store/swaine-adeney/document-cases/whitehall

 

 

If you do a search for top frame briefcase, particularly on a site such as eBay, you should get some second-hand examples in good condition, too. There are other brands that make them, as well.


Great suggestion.  I love their bags.  I will have to wait until I finish fellowship to afford one, unless I can convince my program that this is an acceptable use of education funds!

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:


I had never thought of a mason bag. 

post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereNext View Post
 

I have, and love, a Bill Amberg Rocket bag (mine is dark brown). As a warning, it is NOT cheap. I believe you can get them in cordovan now, as well as a few colors in bridle.

Not mine, but a picture:

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


That's a beautiful bag. 

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post

Have you looked at Frank Clegg?
http://frankcleggleatherworks.com/leather-bags/travel-luggage.html


I really like these bags, but they may be a little big.  I will have to try to find one in person to look at.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Doctor's Bag suggestions