or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor - Page 7

post #91 of 166
Thread Starter 

Today, we would like to introduce Superior Labor.

 

Superior Labor is a Japanese brand, mostly famous for its bags and small leather accessories.

However, they also provide denim clothing, pants, coats, jackets etc.

Their workshop is located in the Okayama prefecture, in the old schoolhouse building.

There they craft their products.

 

According to brand"s own description, they are creating products with the image of early 1990-s blue collar workers.

 

The brand has several keywords - Material, Visual and Utility (means combination of good looks with superior utility), Handmade, Made in Japan.

They strive to create strong products, that can be used for long time without being wasteful.

 

Brands name - "Superior Labor" is indicating, what they strive to achieve, and at the same time, again reminds of the image of blue collar worker.

 

It might be hard to find their products, especially other than bags and leather accessory.

Here we would like to recommend a few online shops, that happen to have their products:

 

post #92 of 166
Bed J.W. Ford x Larose Paris fedora collaboration looks so good. biggrin.gif Might need to proxy this....
post #93 of 166
Looking to grab a jacket from High Large Leathers this year. @La Guy highly recommended you guys as a proxy.

Any chance you can do tell me a bit more about them? They seem to be farely well known in Japan.

Www.highlargeleathers.com
post #94 of 166
Thread Starter 

Dear asaa1000,

 

I don't think it's widely famous but the brand seems to have many strong followers.

I looked up Rakuten and almost all the jackets are sold out. I couldn't find any in Amazon.co.jp.

 

Here is the official tumblr page of High Large Leathers.

http://highlargeleathers.tumblr.com/

 

If you have any questions about this brand, please let us know.

post #95 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaa1000 View Post

Looking to grab a jacket from High Large Leathers this year. @La Guy highly recommended you guys as a proxy.

Any chance you can do tell me a bit more about them? They seem to be farely well known in Japan.

Www.highlargeleathers.com

Dear asaa1000,

 

Just now, we have found a jacket from High Large Leathers, that might interest you!

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h223740346

 

The item is sold on the auction, but seller says that the item is almost unused, and in a very good condition.

Since the item is rare, we think it might be worthwhile purchase!

post #96 of 166
Thread Starter 

Greetings from Osaka!

I'd like to introduce one of the brands born in Japan.

 

Sasquatchfabrix.

 

You might have heard of the brand. It was launched in 2003 by two Japanese men.

 

 

 

 

Their online shopping website will be open April 16. The website are mostly in English so that's friendly for English readers.

I'm not sure if they can ship abroad though. 

If not, please ask us.

post #97 of 166

Sorry if sizing questions aren't welcome here but trying to figure out if these would be ridiculous on someone who is 180cm tall / 76cm waist? Size M is the closest to my waist so that seems to be my best bet.

 

http://www.digital-mountain.net/shopdetail/000000003598/009/O/page1/recommend/

post #98 of 166
Thread Starter 

Dear eddiec,

 

I looked up the website you mentioned and I translated the size data into English.

 

M:waist 79.0cm / waist to crotch 25.0cm / inseam 74.5cm / width of thigh 33.5cm / width of bottom 22.0cm

 

Hope it helps you figure out if it's suitable!

post #99 of 166
Thats awesome, I'll keep an eye out on Yahoo auctions and let you know if I find something I like. Cheers.
post #100 of 166
Thread Starter 

Dear customers,

 

Let us introduce today a brand, that has been mentioned in the few last messages - High Large Leathers.

 

As we can see, some of your might already know the brand, but many people may have not heard of this wonderful brand yet.

 

...The name of the brand comes from a meadow in Oklahoma state, which is called "HIGH & LARGE".

 

"Covered with wildly growing grass, the grandeur of nature.

On the flat, vast plain

Hear sound of hoofs of the rough horses"

 

This text is a poor translation of the original Japanese text, that appear in the self-presentation of the brand.

 

Plains of Oklahoma

 

Inspired by these vast plains, the High Large Leathers seeks to pursue the limitless possibility of the horse hide.

 

The "horse hide" is a word, that often appears in the High Large Leathers. A "hide" means a leather of a large animal, such as cow or horse.

Peculiarity of horse hide is that while it is less strong and durable compared to cow hide, it is much softer.

 

 

Jacket, made from the horse hide

 

High Large Leathers are particular about using only horse hide for their products. According to them, there are no two same jackets in their collections, because each jacket retains unique characteristics of the horse hide from each it was made.

 

When researching about this brand, we liked the idea behind their product. For example: 

 

 

http://highlargeleathers.com/a-hl2015-jk.html

 

This jacket is called "Oklahoma City WWII Model" from 2015 collection.

 

You might ask - why WWII? 

During WWII, there were restrictions of the government regarding the materials, and colorants of the clothes.

What if High Large Leathers existed during WWII, and had to create their products according to this restrictions, what would their production look like?

Guided by this idea, the "Oklahoma City WWII Model" was produced.

The jacket is manufactured from tan leather alone, without use of any other compounds, but looks great.

 

This brand is fairly popular in Japan, and their products are often sold out.

Luckily, some of their official dealers also have online stores.

 

Please, check it out:

 

http://www.barnstormer.jp/product/list.php?cat=39&page=1

http://www.ashoes.co.jp/fs/ashoes/c/highlargeleathers

http://www.realdeal-rd.jp/high-large/hl15jk005.html

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/lahaina/c/0000000937/

 

It is easy to order their products with ZenMarket!

Just add the link to the product to your cart.

post #101 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmarket View Post
 

Dear customers,

 

Let us introduce today a brand, that has been mentioned in the few last messages - High Large Leathers.

 

As we can see, some of your might already know the brand, but many people may have not heard of this wonderful brand yet.

 

...The name of the brand comes from a meadow in Oklahoma state, which is called "HIGH & LARGE".

 

"Covered with wildly growing grass, the grandeur of nature.

On the flat, vast plain

Hear sound of hoofs of the rough horses"

 

This text is a poor translation of the original Japanese text, that appear in the self-presentation of the brand.

 

Plains of Oklahoma

 

Inspired by these vast plains, the High Large Leathers seeks to pursue the limitless possibility of the horse hide.

 

The "horse hide" is a word, that often appears in the High Large Leathers. A "hide" means a leather of a large animal, such as cow or horse.

Peculiarity of horse hide is that while it is less strong and durable compared to cow hide, it is much softer.

Jacket, made from the horse hide

 

High Large Leathers are particular about using only horse hide for their products. According to them, there are no two same jackets in their collections, because each jacket retains unique characteristics of the horse hide from each it was made.

 

When researching about this brand, we liked the idea behind their product. For example: 

 

 

http://highlargeleathers.com/a-hl2015-jk.html

 

This jacket is called "Oklahoma City WWII Model" from 2015 collection.

Just fwiw, this is a really high quality leather version of a Levis "Type I" jacket.  In particular, like you said, this was from WWII, during the "regulation" period, hence the minimal details compared to other versions:

 

 

I actually have the "Victory" version of this jacket, which had commemorative buttons and more cloth and hardware.

post #102 of 166
Thread Starter 

Dear Styleforum users!

 

Tokyo will host the Olympic games four years later.

The last time we had the international event was in 1964 and Japan was enjoying its strong economic growth.

I guess people’s mind were ready to embrace new ideas in their fashions.

Ishizu Kensuke, who studied GANT, Brooks Brothers and so on, established a new brand “VAN”, which proposed the Ivy style.

It captured the youth of Tokyo and the VAN supporters got together in Miyuki street in Tokyo with holding VAN bags.

They were called “Miyuki-zoku” and helped the brand and Ivy style prospered throughout Japan.

 

 

The picture is from a Japanese movie about the good old days of 60’s.

 

VAN is still famous and modernized enough to have an online shopping website.

http://www.van.co.jp/

 

 

Add the link of a product page to the cart in your ZenMarket account and you’re ready to ship abroad!

post #103 of 166
For more on VAN and the very smart Ishizu Kensuke, I highly recommend getting "Ametora", the best book I read about Japanese Fashion.
post #104 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakazuki View Post

For more on VAN and the very smart Ishizu Kensuke, I highly recommend getting "Ametora", the best book I read about Japanese Fashion.
Great book - it even references Styleforum wink.gif
post #105 of 166

Might be the best place to ask this. If A is NWT and D is poor condition, the majority of pieces I'm looking at on Rakuten are getting a C rating. And the photos don't really give a whole lot away so they usually look pretty perfect to me. What are your experiences, guys?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor