It's quite possibly the best looking Journe I've ever had. I'm putting it up for sale later this week and am guessing it's going to go very quickly.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 28post #407 of 39773/2/16 at 12:23ampost #408 of 39773/2/16 at 3:31ampost #409 of 39773/2/16 at 3:43amQuote:
It's just my opinion, but I think that it looks horrible.
They've taken a lovely, elegant-looking watch and ruined it by filling up the face with an unattractive font (although at least it's not Arial!). Also, to me, the choice of putting the months in-between the hour markers in the way that they have done looks rather strange, as well as unattractive.post #410 of 39773/2/16 at 3:47amThread Starter
Their solution seems to be "make an ugly version of the Sky Dweller". The Rolexy fluted bezel, the old fashioned italics and pie-pan stamped dial, against modern colours, shape and materials, and is that a Zenith star in there to really add to the dog's breakfast?
I kind of want to like it. The pie pan remix is a cool idea, the case and bezel and depth of dial actually fly together beautifully as a modern Omega. And it is blue, which is often a good thing.
But no. Too many ideas squashed incongruously into one design. I think, empirically speaking, that is a fucking mess.post #411 of 39773/2/16 at 3:58amThe phrase "lipstick on a pig" comes to mind.
I still find it odd that they named the family "Globemaster" and then wrote "Constellation" on the back with the observatory logo. As if to signify passing of the torch of accuracy to their new flagship movement?
Regardless, I think the case design is handsome. Modern construction with a throwback to their 1960s fluted constellation bezels. And I do remember wishing the standard model had more blue to it like the platinum model. But this... I mean come on. They just wrote the months of the year between the indices, stuck on an extra hand and added some "junk in the trunk."post #412 of 39773/2/16 at 4:36ampost #413 of 39773/2/16 at 4:51amQuote:
Well...as mentioned before on this forum, in the immortal words of Super Hans, "you can't trust people."
The economics of running a global brand and business makes a piece like this necessary. It's for the guy/gal who wants a Skydweller, but thinks that Rolex is so passé. I actually do quite like the case shape.post #414 of 39773/2/16 at 6:54ampost #415 of 39773/2/16 at 8:02ampost #416 of 39773/2/16 at 8:12ampost #417 of 39773/2/16 at 8:53amDo we really need....insert your favorite complication here: perpetual calendar, tourbillon, repeater, moon phase, split second chrono, foudroyante, equation of time, etc.
Really, very little about mechanical watches is about need. I don't care for this Omega at all, but I have no problem with the additional function.post #418 of 39773/2/16 at 9:05amQuote:
It is proof they know how to make an ugly watch uglier. To me the pie pan dial didn't work well with the modern case, and I didn't like the small fluting of the bezel. Adding the months around the dial hasn't sweetened the pot. They should just let the Globemaster line die of natural causes and focus their efforts elsewhere.post #419 of 39773/2/16 at 9:35ampost #420 of 39773/2/16 at 9:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Dino944
It is proof they know how to make an ugly watch uglier. To me the pie pan dial didn't work well with the modern case, and I didn't like the small fluting of the bezel. Adding the months around the dial hasn't sweetened the pot. They should just let the Globemaster line die of natural causes and focus their efforts elsewhere.
The base Globamaster is interesting from a technical perspective, but otherwise bland. The one above is horrid.
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Pairing tuxedo with cravat 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 23 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 24 minutes ago
- › spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco 33 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 34 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...