Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 228post #3406 of 459010/14/16 at 7:16pmpost #3407 of 459010/14/16 at 11:28pmQuote:
me too frank! i wonder if it will be a co-incidence and we post the same watch lolpost #3408 of 459010/15/16 at 5:31ampost #3409 of 459010/15/16 at 8:07amQuote:
Year and a half ago ~30% off from AD in Northern Europe, so depends on the local market etc. I would say you get 20% off from AD if you just ask, more depending on the model you order.post #3410 of 459010/15/16 at 2:45pmpost #3411 of 459010/15/16 at 6:07pm@Dino944 I have been looking at the current Cartier Louis Cartier Tank XL (ref 1560017) a lot recently. I've had it on the wrist a few times now and really like it. I could see it coming home with me some day for sure.
I seem to recall you have a variation of that Tank, the CPCP...correct?
I was curious what about yours drew you in as opposed to the watch I'm considering. They appear fairly similar, other than dial finish. Is there something else I'm missing? I look forward to hearing any advice or information you have.
Also, please consider this a request to bombard us with photos of said watch.post #3412 of 459010/15/16 at 8:14pmpost #3413 of 459010/15/16 at 9:55pmpost #3414 of 459010/15/16 at 9:57pmpost #3415 of 459010/16/16 at 4:43ampost #3416 of 459010/16/16 at 6:52amThread StarterQuote:
Honestly I don't see much added value in getting a TAG from the AD. Unless your heart is really set on the latest model and/or an in-house movement, there is little risk in buying one from a grey dealer. Jomashop is the obvious one, and the discounts are always there. Ashford have them occasionally, and I'm sure there are others.post #3417 of 459010/16/16 at 7:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Honestly I don't see much added value in getting a TAG from the AD. Unless your heart is really set on the latest model and/or an in-house movement, there is little risk in buying one from a grey dealer. Jomashop is the obvious one, and the discounts are always there. Ashford have them occasionally, and I'm sure there are others.
Thanks. Should I ever want to sell it (perhaps a few years down the road), will my ability to do so be compromised by not having original papers?post #3418 of 459010/16/16 at 8:10amThread Starterpost #3419 of 459010/16/16 at 10:01ampost #3420 of 459010/16/16 at 11:21amQuote:
I've bought several watches from both Joma and Ashford and they are authentic and give you all original box except warranty card (they'll have their own warranty card instead). However, I've read horror stories with using their warranty services so choose your poison wisely.
I purchased a Aquaracer chrono and the 3 hander last year. No issues with either watches. Flipped them both on private forums for slightly less but had no issues. Both Joma and Ashford are probably the biggest grey market online retailers currently so a lot of people have already bought stuff from them anyways.
Only thing I've put in as you have to measure the risk and make your own decision based on that...grey market with virtually crabby post customer service and save $$$ or go with AD, pay more but get possibly the best post warranty.
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 39 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Nanamica Down Pullover 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...