or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 226

post #3376 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by despaircollectr View Post

Watch paired with a Cucinelli

I aspire to wear vicuna from Loro Piana and Patek Calatrava someday..

I love Cucinelli's stuff but Loro Piana is better for the larger gentleman. Have been buying a lot recently. Not vicuna though!
post #3377 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by despaircollectr View Post




Watch paired with a Cucinelli

Simply gorgeous. Can't get enough of that clean dial
post #3378 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Been in HK less than 24 hours and it seems as though quite literally everyone has a stainless Rolex (Subs being the most common). Literally, everyone from children to retail employees proudly sport a Sub or GMT.

Its been that way in HK for decades.  

post #3379 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Its been that way in HK for decades.  
Indeed, it's akin to noting that everyone in the USA has a car. That's just how it is. smile.gif
post #3380 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post


Simply gorgeous. Can't get enough of that clean dial

I agree.. stunning!

post #3381 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Its been that way in HK for decades.  

I'm new here cut me some slack. I guess its like the time I went to Vermont and wondered why literally everyone drove a Subaru.
post #3382 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post


I'm new here cut me some slack. I guess its like the time I went to Vermont and wondered why literally everyone drove a Subaru.

 

Not trying to give you a tough time, just letting you know its just the way its been over there for a long time.  I can remember in college, friends from HK told me in that even taxi drivers and waiters wear steel Rolex watches in HK. 

post #3383 of 4019
There are more self made billionaires in HK than anywhere else in the world.
post #3384 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
 

 

Not trying to give you a tough time, just letting you know its just the way its been over there for a long time.  I can remember in college, friends from HK told me in that even taxi drivers and waiters wear steel Rolex watches in HK. 

 

It's because of the high resale value.  Many who pull in decent change there (not necessarily millionaires even) will sport a SS Rolex oyster.  

post #3385 of 4019

Tangentially related to watches - Does anyone know what gloves these are?

 

 

And agreed with the sentiment about three pages back - those enormous pushers ruin it for me.

post #3386 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomiller View Post
 

Tangentially related to watches - Does anyone know what gloves these are?

Those gloves are from Autodromo   http://www.autodromo.com/accessories/

post #3387 of 4019

Anyone have any recommendations for JLC dealers (domestic or international) with regards to service, pricing, support etc? I would typically buy preowned but someone is gifting me this piece and they would prefer that it is new stock. 

post #3388 of 4019
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafa View Post

Anyone have any recommendations for JLC dealers (domestic or international) with regards to service, pricing, support etc? I would typically buy preowned but someone is gifting me this piece and they would prefer that it is new stock. 

Would this person like a new friend? colgate.gif
post #3389 of 4019


Many thanks to no frills on post 3304.  I was able to obtain better pictures of the Patek 3940P that represents my first major watch purchase and yes, it does seem

nice.  Hopefully I made a good choice.  The price was 45k which for me was a huge expense!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3390 of 4019


Anything is possible! (if you're willing to buy her a diamond ring)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more)