nerd out on watches over donuts and a pastrami sammich???
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 213post #3181 of 574210/4/16 at 6:05ampost #3182 of 574210/4/16 at 6:49ampost #3183 of 574210/4/16 at 7:17amQuote:
Well that's always been my issue with commemorative Speedmasters. A friend of mine had a 25th anniversary Speedy, he traded it for something else. Then several years later he was able to get another anniversary Speedy since they do one every 5 years (and that doesn't include other special editions they produce).post #3184 of 574210/4/16 at 7:18ampost #3185 of 574210/4/16 at 7:25am
Circling back here, but I have to think you're being *just a bit* harsh, ODB.
Yes, most of us know that the Royal Oak came first, and it probably gets more love overall due to its primacy as a Genta design.
But the Nautilus is still a great piece IMHO. The two of them are certainly different enough to not only co-exist, but for each to get its own share of (well-deserved) respect.
Now, if you want to get fired up over an "homage", consider this screen shot that I pulled off my phone yesterday from the Watchville app. (And if you don't have the Watchville app, you should).
PiageT: come on, you're better than this.
Also: you guys are making me hungry.post #3186 of 574210/4/16 at 7:52am
I was embarrassed for Piaget when I saw their new sports watch. They have made some very cool ground breaking designs in the past, so for me its sad to see them stoop to making something that is such a blatant knock-off.post #3187 of 574210/4/16 at 8:26amTo those who lament about Patek's new designs, I can't help but completely agree. Nothing in their current lineup gets me excited aside from the 5170. That said I would say the same about AP, Omega and RM, who have so shamelessly gone to the well with LE shit that it's hurt the originals badly IMO.post #3188 of 574210/4/16 at 8:39amQuote:Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
To those who lament about Patek's new designs, I can't help but completely agree. Nothing in their current lineup gets me excited aside from the 5170. That said I would say the same about AP, Omega and RM, who have so shamelessly gone to the well with LE shit that it's hurt the originals badly IMO.
Who even buys the Limited Edition crap? Who goes to the AD and says yes I will take this crap watch over the original and pay twice as much! Thank you very much and... Oh... Comes in a pretty box! Wow!post #3189 of 574210/4/16 at 10:07amThread Starterpost #3190 of 574210/4/16 at 10:24amQuote:
i know a few guys..... more money than sense. guy i know bought a LE hublot for around 45K. some black with red watch.... the next year, the rep contacts him about the new LE...thats the exact same watch, only red with black. And he ends up dropping another 45K on it. still has them both too.
hell, id be embarrassed buying a plain jane hublot let alone one of those.post #3191 of 574210/4/16 at 10:43amThread Starterpost #3192 of 574210/4/16 at 10:48ampost #3193 of 574210/4/16 at 11:05ampost #3194 of 574210/4/16 at 11:15ampost #3195 of 574210/4/16 at 11:18am
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › Hermes Agenda Refill Alternatives? 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...