A little watch nerd PSA -- Had a chance to meet the director of the Omega Museum, Petros Protopapas this week. He's visiting the states, touring several boutiques. Fascinating guy who is a walking encyclopedia of all things Omega and watches in general. They're very excited to be opening an entirely new museum space across the street from the current location next year. If you're ever going to be anywhere near Biel, or can see him while in the states, I'd recommend trying to get together with Petros.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/19/17 at 2:13pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 208post #3106 of 46049/22/16 at 5:56pmpost #3107 of 46049/23/16 at 8:09amThread StarterAll that talk of timeless Rolexes and understated Nomos Bauhaus...I totally buy into both. Like I buy into ancient madder neats, hand made shoes and Drake's pocket squares.
But I also drive a red Camaro SS and eat doner kebabs. We are all complex beings.
So, 45mm Miyota-powered four hundred bucks of total wrongness for the weekend.
White linens and a polo, oh-so-effortless Prince Albert loafers, and a wristfull of bronze steam-punk crazy. Yay Friday!post #3108 of 46049/23/16 at 10:56ampost #3109 of 46049/23/16 at 4:03pmThread Starterpost #3110 of 46049/23/16 at 7:33pmpost #3111 of 46049/24/16 at 7:37amThread Starterpost #3112 of 46049/24/16 at 8:04ampost #3113 of 46049/24/16 at 11:39ampost #3114 of 46049/24/16 at 11:42pmThread Starter
A friend of mine is looking at a heavily-discounted Daniel Roth. I know it's owned by Bulgari now and nothing to do with the original maker. It seems they're all being cleared away, along with Gerald Genta, to be replaced with a unified Bulgari brand. But does anyone know who actually made the most recent Daniel Roth branded models?post #3115 of 46049/26/16 at 8:21ampost #3116 of 46049/26/16 at 10:09ampost #3117 of 46049/26/16 at 10:09ampost #3118 of 46049/26/16 at 10:55ampost #3119 of 46049/26/16 at 10:56amI got bored Saturday afternoon with watching Michigan State get blown out. I was stuck at home while the 6-month-old was taking a nap so I decided to take a family photo of my MKII watches.
My wife came home and saw them laid out on the kitchen counter and asked why I have 6 of the same watches. How could she not see that they were each obviously quite different?!?
And a solo shot of the Hawkinge that was on my wrist at the time and inspired me to take the shot of all of them:post #3120 of 46049/26/16 at 2:24pm
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 31 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 32 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 38 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 44 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 47 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 49 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 50 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...