Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 188post #2806 of 46008/21/16 at 2:27pmpost #2807 of 46008/21/16 at 3:15pmpost #2808 of 46008/21/16 at 3:30pmJust came back earlier today from the birth island of Pythagoras. 25 years ago, my first foreign trip with this watch was also to the Aegean Sea and it's still the perfect watch for this kind of thing.
Here on a pair of stingray patterned OB swim shorts, with either an Americano or a Dark 'N Stormy (I forgot which) within easy reachpost #2809 of 46008/21/16 at 5:57pmpost #2810 of 46008/22/16 at 3:32amQuote:
I must agree that watches that are industrial/tool inspired and usually goes hand in hand with a bracelet. But I guess the trend of going strap has to do with the precious metal used to give it a more refined look.Quote:
Wow, am I missing a tiffany & co. stamp somewhere on the 5712 like the 5396?Quote:Quote:
The mis-aligned screws still annoys me.post #2811 of 46008/22/16 at 3:58ampost #2812 of 46008/22/16 at 4:29ampost #2813 of 46008/22/16 at 7:00ampost #2814 of 46008/22/16 at 9:11amQuote:
I've done a decent amount of business with Timeless Luxury out of Frisco, Texas (including where the Damasko on the last page was purchased and where I purchased a preowned GS at one point).post #2815 of 46008/22/16 at 10:07amQuote:
Joseph Kirk of http://www.azfinetime.com/ is great. Call or e-mail him.post #2816 of 46008/22/16 at 10:25ampost #2817 of 46008/22/16 at 11:09ampost #2818 of 46008/22/16 at 6:50pmpost #2819 of 46008/23/16 at 6:55ampost #2820 of 46008/23/16 at 7:35am
A question on the 16710.
I'm in the market for one of these, and looked at two of them today at the same dealer. Both from the same year - about a decade old. One had the regular dial, the other was sticks. The bezel on the regular dialled watch clicked softly as expected when I turned it. The bezel on the sticks watch didn't seem to click at all - I could neither hear nor feel a click. It just seemed to be running on friction.
Any idea as to why this might be?
As an aside, amazing how light the 16710 feels compared to my 216570.
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Cotonificio Albini - Shirting supplier to Kiton, Brioni, Zegna,... 13 minutes ago
- › Shirts, Ties, Pocket Squares, BB Black Fleece Suite - 39 40R 14 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply Sienna Blue Herringbone: 36R Super 130's 19 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...