One way ticket for sure
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 153post #2281 of 35417/1/16 at 4:41ampost #2282 of 35417/1/16 at 5:31ampost #2283 of 35417/1/16 at 5:33amThread Starterpost #2284 of 35417/1/16 at 6:30ampost #2285 of 35417/1/16 at 6:48amQuote:This may supress the hankering somewhat. Posted elsewhere a few minutes ago:
"Just received [polishing] pricing from Seiko UK, £380 for the work plus £72 postage (prices arent firm and will vary with exchange rate)."
Mind you, the Spring Drive polishing quote was for a GS model instead of an Ananta, but I wouldn't be surprised if that Moonphase costs even more simply due to its enormous bulk.
High-maintenance quartz, indeed.post #2286 of 35417/1/16 at 7:11ampost #2287 of 35417/1/16 at 7:17ampost #2288 of 35417/1/16 at 7:43amQuote:
You can get the Club slightly cheaper from a "reliable" grey dealer on Chrono24. I assume with shipping and such it about evens out. Good price though, however they don't specify how much it is per model. I doubt you'll be able to get the Datum for instance for that price. If so that's an excellent deal. Had they a Dunkel 36 I'd consider it.
EDIT: Looks like you get to see the prices in your cart.post #2289 of 35417/1/16 at 7:45am
Speaking of deals, you might want to check out Man of the World if you're a vintage fan. They have an extra 35% off right now, and that's on top of "sale" prices in some instances. Not sure if they're a "deal" with that sort of pricing, but I'm guessing some are. NOTE, they pull some of their inventory from the site, but if you search by brand name using the search function you should still be able to pull that inventory up.post #2290 of 35417/2/16 at 1:19ampost #2291 of 35417/2/16 at 5:38am
I am a huge fan,I think Grand Seiko is hugely underrated don't buy it if you want instant brand recognition but if you want a watch with excellent in house movement, accuracy and impeccable finishing do buy one I don't think you will regret it.
I put money where my month is 😀 , here is a part of my GS collection.post #2292 of 35417/2/16 at 5:58ampost #2293 of 35417/2/16 at 5:59ampost #2294 of 35417/2/16 at 6:11amQuote:
That is a beautiful piece, a great review here.
http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?305779-Grand-Seiko-SBGR061post #2295 of 35417/2/16 at 6:45pm
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 10 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...