2 great great references. And if you want a superb classic vintage, this is the way to go for sure. And if you want a date, the 1680 is what I'd go for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 1/9/17 at 6:36pm in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 82post #1216 of 45144/9/16 at 12:46ampost #1217 of 45144/9/16 at 4:34amQuote:
Actually, if your AD had any sense of wrist watch history, he would know that years ago the so called "Sub Jr" was the Tudor Submariner. He would also know that today the Tudor Subs have a strong following and nice vintage Tudor "Snowflake Subs" easily sell for as much as if not more than some 10 to 15 year old Explorer 2s, Subs and GMTs. So those that bought what they wanted ended up buying some very coveted watches.
Beyond that, there is a whole group of guys that wanted and liked the no-date Subs because that is what Jame Bond wore in several films. Some models are even referred to as James Bond Submariners. I've never heard anyone say Bond's watch was a Sub Jr. Don't let an AD push you around, buy what you like.post #1218 of 45144/9/16 at 6:49ampost #1219 of 45144/9/16 at 7:52ampost #1220 of 45144/9/16 at 7:57amQuote:
It is almost comical how little some of the dealers/salespeople know.
I was in a Rolex AD and they had a preowned AP RO 15300 when I was looking for mine.
The salesperson questioned why I was looking at a "ladies watch" in the 39mm.post #1221 of 45144/9/16 at 8:32ampost #1222 of 45144/9/16 at 12:25pmpost #1223 of 45144/9/16 at 12:29pmpost #1224 of 45144/9/16 at 12:35pmpost #1225 of 45144/9/16 at 12:50pmpost #1226 of 45144/9/16 at 12:54pmThread Starterpost #1227 of 45144/10/16 at 3:59ampost #1228 of 45144/10/16 at 4:04pmHere's the Mark XV (new) that I snagged a few weeks back. I did not listen to @eton97 when he told me I'd always reach for my Explorer. That being said I'm happy to pass it along to anyone one here for what paid for it. The story I got was a IWC collector picked it up in 2007 and never wore it. It's been worn once (by me). Includes all the goods, original everything.
mods, please delete if this is not allowed.post #1229 of 45144/10/16 at 4:15pmpost #1230 of 45144/10/16 at 5:59pm
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 36 seconds ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › DIESEL FALL/WINTER 2017 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Oni Awa Shoai Natural Indigo 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden NST tanker #8 Shell Cordovan 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Kudu Thorpe 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...