2 great great references. And if you want a superb classic vintage, this is the way to go for sure. And if you want a date, the 1680 is what I'd go for.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek... Last post on 2/12/16 at 8:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Top 5 sports watches under $1000 - a contest! Last post on 10/31/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear
- A Man Adrift, Pt II - April 28, 2015 Last post on 4/29/15 at 4:29pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:35 am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as Voted by Styleforum!
Last edited: 2/2/16
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as voted by Styleforum!Last edited: 2/2/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 82post #1216 of 39564/9/16 at 12:46ampost #1217 of 39564/9/16 at 4:34amQuote:
Actually, if your AD had any sense of wrist watch history, he would know that years ago the so called "Sub Jr" was the Tudor Submariner. He would also know that today the Tudor Subs have a strong following and nice vintage Tudor "Snowflake Subs" easily sell for as much as if not more than some 10 to 15 year old Explorer 2s, Subs and GMTs. So those that bought what they wanted ended up buying some very coveted watches.
Beyond that, there is a whole group of guys that wanted and liked the no-date Subs because that is what Jame Bond wore in several films. Some models are even referred to as James Bond Submariners. I've never heard anyone say Bond's watch was a Sub Jr. Don't let an AD push you around, buy what you like.post #1218 of 39564/9/16 at 6:49ampost #1219 of 39564/9/16 at 7:52ampost #1220 of 39564/9/16 at 7:57amQuote:
It is almost comical how little some of the dealers/salespeople know.
I was in a Rolex AD and they had a preowned AP RO 15300 when I was looking for mine.
The salesperson questioned why I was looking at a "ladies watch" in the 39mm.post #1221 of 39564/9/16 at 8:32ampost #1222 of 39564/9/16 at 12:25pmpost #1223 of 39564/9/16 at 12:29pmpost #1224 of 39564/9/16 at 12:35pmpost #1225 of 39564/9/16 at 12:50pmpost #1226 of 39564/9/16 at 12:54pmThread Starterpost #1227 of 39564/10/16 at 3:59ampost #1228 of 39564/10/16 at 4:04pmHere's the Mark XV (new) that I snagged a few weeks back. I did not listen to @eton97 when he told me I'd always reach for my Explorer. That being said I'm happy to pass it along to anyone one here for what paid for it. The story I got was a IWC collector picked it up in 2007 and never wore it. It's been worn once (by me). Includes all the goods, original everything.
mods, please delete if this is not allowed.post #1229 of 39564/10/16 at 4:15pmpost #1230 of 39564/10/16 at 5:59pm
- Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › Shetland Sweaters 29 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 44 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 45 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway