or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more) - Page 8

post #106 of 3977

God love you, Mimo.

post #107 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Would £7.5k be OK? Otherwise, a steel one with black dial is well under £2k.  They all look good to me.  The rattrappante versions are cool at a higher price, but I like these dial layouts more.  Enter the Enabler...

Yep, had just spotted the first one and have already emailed the seller 👍
post #108 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winot View Post

Yep, had just spotted the first one and have already emailed the seller 👍

As much as I love the GP 1960, that price is getting into Tortue Monopoussoir territory:


image credit: Monochrome

GP also made a tonneau-cased two-register chronograph with a manual Lemania movement called the Richeville. There was one at a shop in Amsterdam in December for about €4.5K in 18K rose gold with blued hands and a great silver dial; I was highly tempted.
post #109 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligero View Post


As much as I love the GP 1960, that price is getting into Tortue Monopoussoir territory:

image credit: Monochrome

GP also made a tonneau-cased two-register chronograph with a manual Lemania movement called the Richeville. There was one at a shop in Amsterdam in December for about €4.5K in 18K rose gold with blued hands and a great silver dial; I was highly tempted.

 

That's a great looking watch.  I assumed it would be in the $10K territory so never looked into it too much but around $5K is a great deal.

post #110 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick View Post

That's a great looking watch.  I assumed it would be in the $10K territory so never looked into it too much but around $5K is a great deal.
You assumed correctly. There are several dealer listings for that Cartier chrono starting at just over USD 10K, mostly in 18K white gold.

The GP Richeville looks like this (there are several case materials, a ton of dial options and at least two different chrono movements within this model range):


image credit: WatchMike on uhrenforum

The rose-gold-cased version with a handwound Lemania movement was the one I saw for for under €5K. Regrets about any misunderstanding.
post #111 of 3977
I've been wearing my Mark XV more and more after renewed interests in IWC's pilot line at this year's SIHH.
post #112 of 3977

@Belligero - Thanks for the clarification and now that I reread your post, it made sense originally.  I blame pre-caffeine posting.

post #113 of 3977

I put up a new video review yesterday, if you like that sort of thing....

 

post #114 of 3977

I sensed a disturbance in the TWAT force and made my way to this thread (thanks @jbarwick for the mention).  

 

Let me back read...

post #115 of 3977
Thread Starter 

We are complete.  All hail the TWAT King. :bigstar:

post #116 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligero View Post

As much as I love the GP 1960, that price is getting into Tortue Monopoussoir territory:


image credit: Monochrome

GP also made a tonneau-cased two-register chronograph with a manual Lemania movement called the Richeville. There was one at a shop in Amsterdam in December for about €4.5K in 18K rose gold with blued hands and a great silver dial; I was highly tempted.

Nice, but it's the combination of the round dial with the cushion case that twists my melon.
post #117 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winot View Post

Nice, but it's the combination of the round dial with the cushion case that twists my melon.
I understand completely. nod[1].gif
post #118 of 3977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Stupid question but what does BLNR mean? I know which Rolex it is but don't know what the acronym means.

Speaking of BLNR....



I bought this in spring of 2014 and have had it on my wrist almost every day since then. I haven't been able to come up with a definitive next addition yet. Have been been going back and forth between a few different watches including a 1931 Reverso, PAM512, JLC ultra thin moon, Speedmaster, and IWC Portuguese Automatic. It's been fun learning about different watches in the last couple years!
post #119 of 3977
El Cheapo here

Anyone ever bought from Watchesaholic and are they reputable? They've got some nice discounts on, I'd not mind a MVMT watch for £25 just for a second option.
post #120 of 3977
Great collection so let's see it please icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Speaking of BLNR....



I bought this in spring of 2014 and have had it on my wrist almost every day since then. I haven't been able to come up with a definitive next addition yet. Have been been going back and forth between a few different watches including a 1931 Reverso, PAM512, JLC ultra thin moon, Speedmaster, and IWC Portuguese Automatic. It's been fun learning about different watches in the last couple years!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Jaeger LeCoultre, Baume & Mercier and more)