Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 67post #991 of 193282/26/16 at 4:40amThread Starterpost #992 of 193282/26/16 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by tmchow
Just got my first pair of AE in the mail today from eBay. Barely worn Mcallisters in Bourbon.
Beautiful color and verify comfortable. I'm in love!
I immediately want to purchase a different pair in walnut now. Was initially thinking of Strand but now leaning towards the Mctavish or Mcgreggor.
Questions: what belt is intended to match the Mcallister?
Question 2: what shoe trees are you using? The ones I use for my Cole haans don't seem to fit properly and I can't get them fully in
Just got a new pair of McAllisters in merlot and matched them with the Manistee belt:
Given they are phasing out the bourbon, your choice in AE belts may be dwindling (im guessing). I did see a discounted Manistee in bourbon on the shoebank site (size 38) the other day and I spoke to a SA at one of the outlets who told me they still have the basic dress belt in bourbon. Hopefully others will give you more options.....post #993 of 193282/26/16 at 5:36ampost #994 of 193282/26/16 at 5:45amQuote:Originally Posted by AdironDoc
Finally decided to see for myself why people love their AEs. Now I know. Last month I got 2 pair of seconds. One was to be for khakis and slacks, the others, for jeans. I actually wear them both with slacks or jeans and find they both work for business casual. Interestingly, the McGregors were roomy and super comfy right out of the box. The McTavish, on the other hand, fit quite snug and rubbed a bit with thin dress socks. They loosened up now but being unlined, I still find MTs are not quite as comfortable as the MGs. Same size, same last. Go figure. Anyway, can't wait to go summer sockless with MTs. I've lost count how many compliments I've gotten from complete strangers but I'd say more the MTs. Maybe its the bold contrast stitching combined with the layered brogue look. Anyway, I'm loving them! Was considering a pair of Daltons but there were no sales. I snapped up a pair of Grenson Freds in calfskin. Completely different look and feel. Big, chunky, roomy. A bit more like a construction boot. I'm thinking, maybe I should have stuck with the Daltons.
I have both the Fred and the Dalton (in walnut and oxblood) and think you're right. The Dalton is definitely sleeker and more refined than the Fred. That said, I like them both.
Berniepost #995 of 193282/26/16 at 6:34ampost #996 of 193282/26/16 at 6:59ampost #997 of 193282/26/16 at 7:04amDusted off the Fenway long wings today. I've been debating selling these, as they just don't get worn much. They are my only LWBs, so I've always held on to them until I can replace with a newer model. These were originally walnut, but have a had a few coats of dark chili and cognac, plus navy on the toe. I'm thinking a few more coats of navy and these will be ready...post #998 of 193282/26/16 at 7:05am
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories,...Quote:
Thanks for all the quick replies! Does anyone know where he sources his shoes from? Thank you...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #999 of 193282/26/16 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
New college grad to the workforce, entering public accounting. Big fan of AEs and was wondering if anyone could give me input on what models to go for next.
I have Black PAs, Dark Brown PAs, and Bourbon Strands. Only wearing the Black PAs for formal events - have been rotating the Dark Brown PAs and Strands, however the Dark Browns are somewhat formal imo and maybe a bit darker than I originally preferred, after thinking about them now that I've owned for a while and been wearing them to work.
My dress code is professional business casual, dress shirt and a slacks - don't need a suit or tie. I typically wear nice navy/charcoal slacks for bottoms.
I was thinking of going for Fifth Aves - but can't decide between Brown, Bourbon, or Chili. Not sure if the Fifth Ave Brown is just as dark as the Dark Brown PAs. Also not sure if I should get two pairs of shoes in Bourbon, and then for Chili I just don't know if it's versatile enough as some of the pictures I have seen look quite red.
Definitely want to throw another pair into my rotation, just looking for a versatile suggestion. Is the Fifth Ave the way to go, and if so what color do you think? Open to any other recommendations as well. Cheers
I agree with the general consensus so far. Chili seems to be one of the most versatile colors not currently in your rotation and does work with navy/charcoal. The long wing blutcher is also a good idea as you have enough balmorals/captoes and you can rock a LWB with slacks. The McGregor or Macneil should fit the bill depending on size availability and your price range.post #1000 of 193282/26/16 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by PbgGuy
Just got a new pair of McAllisters in merlot and matched them with the Manistee belt:
Given they are phasing out the bourbon, your choice in AE belts may be dwindling (im guessing). I did see a discounted Manistee in bourbon on the shoebank site (size 38) the other day and I spoke to a SA at one of the outlets who told me they still have the basic dress belt in bourbon. Hopefully others will give you more options.....
Thanks for the reply.
One question on belt sizing. I'm a 30 waist size in jeans and normally buy a 34 belt in casual belts.
Are AE belts sized differently so I should stick to their reco of being a 32? Or are their belts the same size as other belts and I should stick with my usual 34?post #1001 of 193282/26/16 at 7:36amQuote:Originally Posted by middlepP
Dusted off the Fenway long wings today. I've been debating selling these, as they just don't get worn much. They are my only LWBs, so I've always held on to them until I can replace with a newer model. These were originally walnut, but have a had a few coats of dark chili and cognac, plus navy on the toe. I'm thinking a few more coats of navy and these will be ready...
Those are looking nice!post #1002 of 193282/26/16 at 8:03ampost #1003 of 193282/26/16 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by middlepP
Dusted off the Fenway long wings today. I've been debating selling these, as they just don't get worn much. They are my only LWBs, so I've always held on to them until I can replace with a newer model. These were originally walnut, but have a had a few coats of dark chili and cognac, plus navy on the toe. I'm thinking a few more coats of navy and these will be ready... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look good, keep them. More and more I am considering navy polish for my non-black shoes, it seems like most people prefer it over black polish "burnishing". I am in the process of turning an old pair of Cole Haans into a bourbon, with black and AE bourbon polishes. The blue sets of the cognac very well though.post #1004 of 193282/26/16 at 8:20ampost #1005 of 193282/26/16 at 8:24am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway