or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 641

post #9601 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

How did you get a secret coupon?
It's one if those Tanger Outlet discounts? I bought from that store before and I guess I'm on a mailing list now?
post #9602 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post



I really want Allen Edmonds to make their own version of this shoe. It's a Johnston and Murphy Hannigan Cap Toe. I love the look and it's pretty comfortable, but I know that the quality is no where close to what AE can do.

What other non-AE shoes do you guys own that you wish AE would produce a version of?


Austerity Shortwing (Austerity Brogue) ala Vass.  

 

 

 

V-Cap ala St. Crispin.

 

post #9603 of 17554

Does anyone have the 1943 last yet?  

post #9604 of 17554

Brown Bainbridge is back in stock on Nordstrom.com! 

post #9605 of 17554

Are the shoes sold on the AE Ebay "store" first quality or second quality? The ones I have checked do no have the "S" at the end of the style number, but the prices are so low. Not sure what to make of it. Thanks.

post #9606 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post
 

Are the shoes sold on the AE Ebay "store" first quality or second quality? The ones I have checked do no have the "S" at the end of the style number, but the prices are so low. Not sure what to make of it. Thanks.

From the way they are described, I believe they are clearance firsts. They would say if they were seconds, and the prices are generally comparable with clearance pricing on AE's own website. 

post #9607 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

From the way they are described, I believe they are clearance firsts. They would say if they were seconds, and the prices are generally comparable with clearance pricing on AE's own website. 

 

That makes me want to buy up every color McGregor that even remotely fits me.

post #9608 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

From the way they are described, I believe they are clearance firsts.

I contacted them about the Bourbon McAllisters, and they were described as firsts.  I think they're using this to clear shoes that come back from stores after the website has removed them. 

post #9609 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post

No thank you! Question:

Would you accept a MTO pair of any shoe of your choice if you couldn eat Oreo embedded chocolate chip cookies for the rest of your life? Go!

Hard to say. Send some cookie samples first. happy.gif
post #9610 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

From the way they are described, I believe they are clearance firsts. They would say if they were seconds, and the prices are generally comparable with clearance pricing on AE's own website. 

 

Yes, they are simply unlisted 1sts on clearance.  AE is wise to put them on Ebay for exposure.  Lots of bourbon Strands on Ebay have sold recently.

post #9611 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

Yes, they are simply unlisted 1sts on clearance.  AE is wise to put them on Ebay for exposure.  Lots of bourbon Strands on Ebay have sold recently.

 

Yes, including those which are in what I currently believe to be my size!

 

:brick: 

post #9612 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Hubbins View Post
 

 

Yes, including those which are in what I currently believe to be my size!

 

:brick: 

 

They had one left in my size.  I slept on it.  The next morning, they were gone. So I guess God didn't want to have them. :lol: 

post #9613 of 17554
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

I'm resisting the temptation to turn this thread into a rye and whiskey thread...

Don't forget the scotch....
post #9614 of 17554
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post
 

My attempt at matching on a casual Thursday. I'm now realizing that I need to edge dress these up when I get home. Perhaps over a glass of Woodford Reserve.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Looking good! I think I have a photo that looks similar to this. I do prefer the Loden suede color of your Dundee vs my Carmina.

 

Warning: Non AE! (Click to show)
post #9615 of 17554


Ok. Are these First Avenue supposed to protrude out on sides?







Super comfortable boot. I've never had a lace up boot from AE just a Chelsea
Edited by TexasTexter - 7/28/16 at 6:59pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc