or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 628

post #9406 of 17815

Monday after a 4 day weekend + rain in the forecast = something casual and comfy! Suede Gobi fit the bill perfectly (though 'fit' and 'Gobi' often don't go together).

 

Hope everyone has a good start to their week...

 

 

My daily @dapkicks pic: (Click to show)
post #9407 of 17815
Monkstrap Monday:
F049B761-071F-4CCA-B18C-DD2D28A95FAA_zpsdzhummvd.jpg

We have rain in the for cast too, but I won't be outside at all, and even if I am, these have the Brooks topy'd sole
post #9408 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Have you tried them in shell? I find shell to fit about a quarter to a half size more generously; so you may be able to find a fit on the 65 in it. It saves my instep a fair deal of pressure. Or Bartletts!

 

That's a very barn weasel thing to say... 

post #9409 of 17815

Have you noticed that you now choose a pair of shoes and that then will dictate what pants, belt and shirt you need? Yeah, me too.

 

post #9410 of 17815

PSA: Palo Alto, CA store should be opening up this weekend. Get your shell orders ready!

 

Brown shell Cornwallis is on my list.

post #9411 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

PSA: Palo Alto, CA store should be opening up this weekend. Get your shell orders ready!

 

Brown shell Cornwallis is on my list.

post #9412 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

Have you noticed that you now choose a pair of shoes and that then will dictate what pants, belt and shirt you need? Yeah, me too.


Almost correct, though for me, weather forecasts come first, then shoes, belt,et al....
post #9413 of 17815
Picked up a pair of Walnut Carlyles + belt at the Nordstrom sale. Just noticed that the stitching is off for a few stitches on the bottom of the shoe - stitched on the flat of the shoe rather than in the groove. Going to see if I can exchange them. Not sure how big a deal it is, if any, overall but figured it's worth a try.

Outside that, they look great.
post #9414 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post

POLL:



 



Which do you like the best?  Bainbridge Navy or Strandmok Navy? 



y


 



The lines of the Bainbridge look more Euro to me than the Strandmok. Overall, I think the Strandmok looks more cohesive and think it will dress up and down better.
post #9415 of 17815
My replacement, replacement McAllisters were just delivered.

Does anyone know what this extra thread is? Anything important or can I just snip it?

583b5a68f93aff303b36a24f399c303c.jpg
post #9416 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post

My replacement, replacement McAllisters were just delivered.

Does anyone know what this extra thread is? Anything important or can I just snip it?

583b5a68f93aff303b36a24f399c303c.jpg

 

That's the pull cord for the AE parachute that is being released on some of the newer models.  If you cut it, you could accidentally trigger the mechanism and deploy the chute.  

post #9417 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

 

That's the pull cord for the AE parachute that is being released on some of the newer models.  If you cut it, you could accidentally trigger the mechanism and deploy the chute.  

 

I thought it was the pull handle for the new removable insole so you could switch between leather, poron, ororthotic :smarmy:.

post #9418 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

I thought it was the pull handle for the new removable insole so you could switch between leather, poron, ororthotic :smarmy:.

 

That's for the 1.0, I was talking about the 2.0.  No mention from the OP which version he posted.

post #9419 of 17815

One of my Park Aves had the pull cord.  I snipped it, and nothing bad has happened... yet.  

post #9420 of 17815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

I read somewhere that you can use a little bit of conditioner cleaner on the leather soles, but is this good for the shoe?  

I've used a product called "Leather honey" it is marketed as a conditioner for leather soles.  It makes soles less susceptible to wear.  You can also use it as a conditioner for upper, but I have other products for that.  It does work and my soles hold up better vs. a pair of soles that I have not applied this conditioner to. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc