Kudos to my Scottsdale store for recommending them - these shoes fit me so much better than the Park Aves did. Absolutely love them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 63post #932 of 155542/25/16 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by hohneokc
I have worn these about 5 times since I got them Thanksgiving. But I have a lot of shoes, so none of my AE's get worn a lot. I have the Odenwald in black chromexcel and I wear them most weekends and they still look almost new. I really like the chromexcel for its durability.
I wear the Clark Streets to work with wool slacks and twills coupled with a sport shirt and sport coat and I like the look. I also wore them once with jeans and I really liked that combination.
I think if you keep them conditioned with AE Leather Lotion they will stay looking nice enough for slacks and a sport coat - maybe not dark grey slacks and dark solid sport coat, but definitely any other slacks and a lighter colored or patterned sport coat.
Thanks - after seeing your picture I was thinking it would work well with spring palletes... definitely something to think about.
Edited by tkebh979 - 2/25/16 at 11:26ampost #933 of 155542/25/16 at 11:21ampost #934 of 155542/25/16 at 11:27am
I just reused a picture from the web that I found. They are walnut according to the link but I'm not sure what kind of lighting or what not was involved.post #935 of 155542/25/16 at 11:42ampost #936 of 155542/25/16 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by jrs311
On the upside, I feel like I made out pretty well in the recent sale. $177 Walnut Rogue firsts and $137 Oxblood McGregors seconds. The oxblood in particular I was pleasantly surprised with the color. Prior to this I was 0/3 for seconds, all due to egregious tiger striping. I was expecting to get a marbled purple monstrosity to send back, but it's actually close to the old Merlot color.
These pics make me think about how cool a boot based on the Rogue would be.
Berniepost #937 of 155542/25/16 at 12:02pmpost #938 of 155542/25/16 at 1:18pmpost #939 of 155542/25/16 at 1:35pm
So just an update on my fitting issues:
I called customer service today to ask about getting a return for my (worn) 11D PAs that do not work for my feet. The short answer is that they wanted me to contact the store where I purchased them as it will need to be handled on the store level. I said OK and called the sales rep up who was the one that fixed my fit issues. He said that I should bring the shoes in to see what they can do and that anything that can be done would be somewhat unusual for them to do, which I think is BS. You should not let people walk out the door with just saying "oh, those will break in, don't worry!" when in reality you are selling them a shoe that is a full size too short!
Anyway, looks like I'm off to the AE store to see what can be done! If it's not satisfactory, I plan to bring the issue back to customer service. One thing I did ask was if I could exchange them for a factory second. I guess we'll see what happens.post #940 of 155542/25/16 at 1:43pmpost #941 of 155542/25/16 at 2:30pm
So my bourbon Daltons showed up today and I'm MORE than happy with them. Was a little apprehensive as the bourbon color seems to be a little more inconsistent, from what I can gather, than other AE colors, but these look great! They're 2nds, so a few small imperfections, but for $197 they're a steal IMO.
However.......these guys are squeaking like a mofo. Certainly, this will go away as they get broken in with time, but any suggestions in terms of treatments that might help push it along a little bit? Saphir Renovateur? Bick 4? I also have AE conditioner. I've heard some people say that the bourbon color is a little more sensitive to discoloration than other AE colors, so I'm trying to be extra cautious about not doing anything to screw the color up.post #942 of 155542/25/16 at 2:58pmpost #943 of 155542/25/16 at 3:43pm
Finally decided to see for myself why people love their AEs. Now I know. Last month I got 2 pair of seconds. One was to be for khakis and slacks, the others, for jeans. I actually wear them both with slacks or jeans and find they both work for business casual. Interestingly, the McGregors were roomy and super comfy right out of the box. The McTavish, on the other hand, fit quite snug and rubbed a bit with thin dress socks. They loosened up now but being unlined, I still find MTs are not quite as comfortable as the MGs. Same size, same last. Go figure. Anyway, can't wait to go summer sockless with MTs. I've lost count how many compliments I've gotten from complete strangers but I'd say more the MTs. Maybe its the bold contrast stitching combined with the layered brogue look. Anyway, I'm loving them! Was considering a pair of Daltons but there were no sales. I snapped up a pair of Grenson Freds in calfskin. Completely different look and feel. Big, chunky, roomy. A bit more like a construction boot. I'm thinking, maybe I should have stuck with the Daltons.post #944 of 155542/25/16 at 3:48pmpost #945 of 155542/25/16 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by mreams99
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My walnut First Avenues arrived. With a little snow on the ground, I had a good opportunity to wear them.
I think they're great!
They look very nice. Does this walnut look darker than in the past like some folks have been reporting? I always imagine it being a much lighter color.
Sadly I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that I have serious fit problems with mine. I just emailed my store about them, I'm hoping they have some suggestions. I think I've worn them a bit too much to return at this point. Sadly it usually takes me too long to realize when when my shoes don't fit.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: 19 October - 29 October: The Sleaze Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...