or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 619

post #9271 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Yes, I saw the stitching, and it's fine. The fuzzy stuff you can brush/pluck off easily, and the whiter part you can recolor. From your pics it doesn't look like it'd be any more work than you'd normally do during shoe care time. A dimple here, crease there, you won't notice it once you've worn it.


ya think?  She looks pretty rough around the edges to me.  She needs some makeup! LOL

post #9272 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Did someone say group shot? Most but not all of my AE shoes :-)


Love the blue shell shoes.  Are those Acheson's?  What is the last shoe listed?  The boots are my favorite.  What are they the walnut and blue suede?  Killer! 

post #9273 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Did you see the stitching? It's awful. 

 

I tend to agree with @FaRKle, though you obviously have a better view than either of us.  At $500+ its tough, but at the $399 sale price I would feel a lot better about it.  Maybe you can get them to credit you the difference?  

 

Anyway, if you're having bad luck with the CAC, let them know (it might help your case for some compensation), and next time try to go through an outlet so an SA can look them over.

post #9274 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 

 

I tend to agree with @FaRKle, though you obviously have a better view than either of us.  At $500+ its tough, but at the $399 sale price I would feel a lot better about it.  Maybe you can get them to credit you the difference?  

 

Anyway, if you're having bad luck with the CAC, let them know (it might help your case for some compensation), and next time try to go through an outlet so an SA can look them over.


Yes at $399 that is different but $527 is not really that much of a discount for the shoes IMHO.  The shoes are rough, very rough.  Maybe some work can make them better but this is about the roughest 2nd I have gotten.  As you guys have stated it is always better to buy from the store as the CAC and I can see exactly why that is.  Painful lesson. Well at least I got to see the fit. They fit well. Good stuff to know for the future!  Hopefully there will be a sale! 


Edited by TexasTexter - 7/22/16 at 4:43pm
post #9275 of 17707

Actually, those aren't bad seconds imo, assuming the color can be fixed.

post #9276 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

Actually, those aren't bad seconds imo, assuming the color can be fixed.


Those dents are normal?  The thing that bothers me the most is the pinking.  Its rough and not cut in places.

post #9277 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Those dents are normal?  The thing that bothers me the most is the pinking.  Its rough and not cut in places.


Why don't you post them on the The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread?  Get some other opinions.

post #9278 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 

 

I tend to agree with @FaRKle, though you obviously have a better view than either of us.  At $500+ its tough, but at the $399 sale price I would feel a lot better about it.  Maybe you can get them to credit you the difference?  

 

Anyway, if you're having bad luck with the CAC, let them know (it might help your case for some compensation), and next time try to go through an outlet so an SA can look them over.

Agreed on the price point.  If you have a relationship with an SA you may be able to get them to reduce the price to $399.  The sale wasn't too long ago so they might throw you a bone.  

 

If you can snip off the frayed edges with cuticle cutters or small scissors and even out the color a bit with some cream, I think it makes sense to keep them at $399, otherwise I would probably send them back.

post #9279 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Those dents are normal?  The thing that bothers me the most is the pinking.  Its rough and not cut in places.


The dents happen.  Are they on a highly visible part of the shoe?

post #9280 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Those dents are normal?  The thing that bothers me the most is the pinking.  Its rough and not cut in places.

 

Dents are not uncommon in seconds.  I have  a dent on my black Leeds, but it's hardly noticeable.  But like I said before, it's a roll of the dice when you buy seconds. 

 

It sounds like you're pretty unhappy with them though -- you know what is best, so if you want to return them, you probably should.

post #9281 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post
 

Agreed on the price point.  If you have a relationship with an SA you may be able to get them to reduce the price to $399.  The sale wasn't too long ago so they might throw you a bone.  

 

If you can snip off the frayed edges with cuticle cutters or small scissors and even out the color a bit with some cream, I think it makes sense to keep them at $399, otherwise I would probably send them back.


This.  A good relationship with an SA goes a long way.  Even if you can't get the difference in cash, maybe you can get credit on a future purchase.  The frays can be cleaned up, and the color is going to change with exposure to sunlight, so you might luck out and get it more even, but shell often has color variance.  The rough texture is just the way the shell is sometimes, undesirable, but will not affect wearability.

 

Ultimately, as @Lobster33 said, you know the way you feel better than anyone.  If its going to eat away at you, then don't keep.  If you can live with them at an agreeable price, you have a shoe that could/should out live you.

post #9282 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post

Cordovan Catastrophe!

So I ordered a pair of Cordovan Cambridges from the CAC. Not impressed. 😞 What do y'all think??? I understand these are seconds but I honestly expected more for $527! The texture is rough and the colors don't match, I cannot see one good thing about these. Truly disappointing to say the least. Darn! I'm striking out with seconds. Guess I am just not meant to get seconds!









 

Don't order from the CAC--it's where all the returns go and the SA can't look them over for you.  I, like others on here, have had terrible luck with CAC seconds.  In my modest opinion, you should buy shell firsts at $650 if you're willing to pay $527.  But, it's not unusual for the shell seconds to go on sale for $399.  And whenever a new store opens they have a 15% off sale and you can order shell firsts for $552.

 

My .02.


Edited by HoldenMI - 7/22/16 at 5:13pm
post #9283 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


This.  A good relationship with an SA goes a long way.  Even if you can't get the difference in cash, maybe you can get credit on a future purchase.  The frays can be cleaned up, and the color is going to change with exposure to sunlight, so you might luck out and get it more even, but shell often has color variance.  The rough texture is just the way the shell is sometimes, undesirable, but will not affect wearability.

 

Ultimately, as @Lobster33 said, you know the way you feel better than anyone.  If its going to eat away at you, then don't keep.  If you can live with them at an agreeable price, you have a shoe that could/should out live you.

 

I misunderstood his original post -- I originally thought he said they were $399.  At $527, I think I would return.  $399 though would be acceptable. 

post #9284 of 17707


Maiden voyage of my Neumok seconds from the flash sale. I wish I had gotten a pair of these much sooner. One of the most comfortable shoes right out of the box I've gotten from AE.
post #9285 of 17707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

I misunderstood his original post -- I originally thought he said they were $399.  At $527, I think I would return.  $399 though would be acceptable. 


No they were $570 after taxes. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc