I was reading some comments on the Allen Edmonds Instagram and it's crazy how some people actually think these are toddler shoes. I don't mean to sound like a dick but it was kind of funny.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/25/17 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 617post #9242 of 193287/22/16 at 9:29ampost #9243 of 193287/22/16 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
Rogues for a Friday with Argyle socks. Not sure AE picked the best name for these shoes. One of the definitions for Rogue is, "an inferior or defective specimen among many satisfactory ones, especially a seedling or plant deviating from the standard variety." Irrespective, they fit nicely and are a good selection every few weeks. I am considering hitting the toe caps and heels with black polish. Anyone have experience with this?
I use light applications of dark brown for my walnut shoes, but I know @middlepP uses navy.post #9244 of 193287/22/16 at 9:53amQuote:
Yes, she has been very supportive, but I notice similar boxes piling up in her dressing room. Have been meaning to ask her about several suspicious Am Ex charges.
Burg and Black shell Ashtons, 4 pair Wilberts, Seneca, Bradley, Walton. +Grain Cantons are in closet 2.
And I really wish AE would provide a split toe boot choice soon.
Middle pair is Fort Lewis Light, same as Acadias, 10" instead of 8" tall. Danner is a sub obsession of mine, they fit incredibly well and (all of mine) are US made+ recraftable.
Edited by BagleyBrown - 7/22/16 at 10:20ampost #9245 of 193287/22/16 at 10:40am
In the name of using some of the lesser-used shoes, I wore the MacNeils today. I forget how nicely the 7-last works for me (though it is a TTS 12 vs. the 11.5 sizing I get with the 65 and 201 lasts).
I guess all the black and gray/blue in the floor confused the camera - the chinos are gray...post #9246 of 193287/22/16 at 10:45ampost #9247 of 193287/22/16 at 10:47amQuote:
As a side note, I use AE bags on pretty much all of my shoes. There are several pairs of Aldens and a couple other stray dogs up there, but the AE bags are better than anything that has come with my Alden/Brooks/etc. shoes.post #9248 of 193287/22/16 at 11:46amQuote:
You and me both! Though, with a boot/chukka heavy rotation and a bourbon Portland that doesn't get worn enough as is, I'm rooting for a more casual offering. Would kill for a cxl, suede, or even shell option. RIP the golden age of MTO...post #9249 of 193287/22/16 at 11:56am@middleQuote:
The need a moc-toe CXL boat like the Indy, GDit.post #9250 of 193287/22/16 at 11:59ampost #9251 of 193287/22/16 at 12:10pmQuote:
I know this isn't going to make any bit of sense but I actually went a length down and went to EEE (normally wear E) and those fit me best. I have the Olive suede ones made in the US and I agree they stretched perfectly for me.post #9252 of 193287/22/16 at 12:14pmpost #9253 of 193287/22/16 at 12:29pmpost #9254 of 193287/22/16 at 12:32pmpost #9255 of 193287/22/16 at 12:36pmQuote:
I know what you mean. I was set to return them because of this. He was quite sure about it not being a big deal. It was odd the first few wears, but I don't notice now that they broke in.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Paul Smith Robin shoes - tan. UK 8 or EU 42. Shoe trees included 6 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 31 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 54 minutes ago
- › once a day - Official Affiliate Thread 58 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway