Those are ToBoot Dodd's in grey from the Nordstrom's sale.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 609post #9122 of 193277/20/16 at 8:06pmpost #9123 of 193277/20/16 at 8:16pm
This is true serendipity. I JUST cane back from the AE retail store at Short Hills (first thing to do was check out what was happening on the forum).
Before leaving the store, I asked if they had any Bourbon polish. The SA said yes he had one and dug it out. Score. Then he said I also have one Grey left. So I bought it too.post #9124 of 193277/20/16 at 8:17pm
So now comes the hard part.....decisions....what to keep what to send back. There is only so much in the budget. :) I have to see them in person. The website doesn't do things justice. Just like the Randolph's I would have never bought them had it not been for me wanting a loafer. In person they are really rich looking. The Chili Cornwallis I would have not bought either had not ONE OF YOU posted the pic earlier...LOL. The tempters are in here. The Bourbon colored McAlister is just ok, very light colored and it's too small. The 5th Avenues in Merlot, just meh. Every single one of my seconds from the second sale I had to return, they just were not what I expected for the price. The LGA's are going to have to be returned. Love the look, hate the fit. I've tried 5 sizes. All in all I might end up with a few good pair by the time it is over. Best pickups for the last two months for me were the Merlot Strand and the Midnight Blue Cornwallis and the Strand. This isn't like buying a Cole Haan shoe which I have over 60 of this is all about lasts and some just don't work. You may love the shoe but the shoe may not be for you! LOL.post #9125 of 193277/20/16 at 8:21pm
In deciding on shoes, I ask myself, "would I really wear these?" If the answer is "no", or "once in a blue moon", I don't buy or keep them. I have only one pair I regret buying, but the rest of my 11 shoes are ones I use frequently. There are a few shoes I like that I considered buying, but when I thought about it, I would be unlikely to wear them. I'm thinking of the white Linen Carlyle. Pretty cool shoe, but i don't see myself in them much.post #9126 of 193277/20/16 at 8:27pmpost #9127 of 193277/20/16 at 8:45pm
So I got a first hand look at the Higgins Mill today. I really don't need more boots (you all know what that means on this forum), and I KNOW I'm getting the Bayfield when it comes out. But I was impressed by it. They certainly didn't skimp on the black CXL. Its nice and heavy.
As someone mentioned it is very similar to something you might see from the likes of Dayton, Whites, or Viberg. Of course its not stitch down, but thats not AE's jam.post #9128 of 193277/20/16 at 8:50pmpost #9129 of 193277/20/16 at 9:05pmpost #9130 of 193277/20/16 at 9:05pmpost #9131 of 193277/20/16 at 9:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
In deciding on shoes, I ask myself, "would I really wear these?" If the answer is "no", or "once in a blue moon", I don't buy or keep them. I have only one pair I regret buying, but the rest of my 11 shoes are ones I use frequently. There are a few shoes I like that I considered buying, but when I thought about it, I would be unlikely to wear them. I'm thinking of the white Linen Carlyle. Pretty cool shoe, but i don't see myself in them much.
I hear you. I have a few shoe regrets. Mostly buying duplicates of each type. I am trying get to more variety. I tend to get hung up on liking something and ending up with one in each color. For instance I think the Strandmok and the Bainbridge are very similar maybe just need one choice there. I have just got a pair of Walnut Strands and LGA from Nordstrom, not sure I will keep them. I have the Walnut Rogue and the Walnut Shreveport, I prefer the lighter walnut color. I will have to marinate on that. I have a pair of brown Cole Haan Wholecuts that are going to be returned, I would rather have an Allen Edmonds shoe. Those Cole Haans are $279-$330 each and just not the quality of an Allen Edmonds. So as for me I have to spend a day or two thinking about what I would actually wear and enjoy long term. Impulse buys are never great so I take time to really rationalize what I want in my collection.post #9132 of 193277/20/16 at 9:54pmQuote:
In a bygone era they had the fabled trunk show whereby some forum members had amazing shoes made.
post #9212 Greyson
post #9023 PA
post #9015 MacNeil
post #8863 Dundee
Many other custom make-ups in assorted colors, styles and leathers.post #9133 of 193277/20/16 at 9:55pmQuote:
I BELIEVE they are only making black, burgundy and brown at the moment. Update: Nope, they use blue shell for some as well. As my wife says, I am frequently wrong.
Edited by smfdoc - 7/21/16 at 12:18pmpost #9134 of 193277/20/16 at 9:59pmpost #9135 of 193277/20/16 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by bobbler
A lot of new stuff just listed on the Allen Edmonds ebay account (http://www.ebay.com/usr/allenedmonds). Strands, Park Aves, Fifth Aves, McGregors, and a couple different monkstraps for $179 and some other shoes for less. Pretty sure those are firsts, at least the listings say new with box and nothing about any defects.
So I picked up some Odenwalds in the 2nds sale for $197, as far as I can tell the only defect is the eyelets are off slightly on one shoe. Now AE has (supposedly) firsts on their eBay store. Spend $10 more to effectively get first quality?
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › WTB: RRL (from the Railman, Engineer and Docker collection) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Is this a real kiton men suit 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...