or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 594

post #8896 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

It's a little hard to say; since most of my 65-last shoes are bals. I do have the Lexington, and I'd say the Boone fits similar through the waist but has more room in the toe box, as you suggest. It isn't a tremendous amount of room, I don't feel like I'm swimming in them, but they don't pinch the top of my feet where they crease like the Lexingtons sometimes do.

Not sure that's helpful; for what it's worth, they're an absolute steal at $139. For they'd drop the price on the brown or navy a bit more (say $195), I'd find it very difficult not to pick up another pair. The sole is incredibly comfortable, and the suede is pretty nice.

Thanks, that's helpful for describing the fit, maybe not so helpful for my wallet. wink.gif

I fit the same in everything 65. The only one that came close to being tight was my McTavish, which I chalked up to being bal + thicker rough leather, but it has broken in well. On the flip side, my suede McGregors might be a bit loose, as they start squeaking near the end of the day. How embarrassing. I'm convinced that's from the lining somehow, but haven't figured out how to conquer it yet. I would hate to pick up another suede shoe and end up with the same problem.
post #8897 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post


Thanks, that's helpful for describing the fit, maybe not so helpful for my wallet. wink.gif

I fit the same in everything 65. The only one that came close to being tight was my McTavish, which I chalked up to being bal + thicker rough leather, but it has broken in well. On the flip side, my suede McGregors might be a bit loose, as they start squeaking near the end of the day. How embarrassing. I'm convinced that's from the lining somehow, but haven't figured out how to conquer it yet. I would hate to pick up another suede shoe and end up with the same problem.


My LGA speak and so do my Warwicks, very annoying.  Someone on here said you can take them to a store and they can put something on them to make them stop squeaking.

post #8898 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post


My LGA speak and so do my Warwicks, very annoying.  Someone on here said you can take them to a store and they can put something on them to make them stop squeaking.

Bick 4. Let sit overnight with trees in. Ymmv.
post #8899 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post


My LGA speak and so do my Warwicks, very annoying.  Someone on here said you can take them to a store and they can put something on them to make them stop squeaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post

Bick 4. Let sit overnight with trees in. Ymmv.

This. Really saturate them with the Bick. Took a couple of rounds with my Daltons, but they are ninja-worthy now.
post #8900 of 17586


I couldn't find info on the 2321 last on the Allen Edmonds website to see if the Academy would work with my 10.5 EEE high volume, but flat feet, so I Googled it and these beauties came up. There isn't any sizing or other color info but I think they'll look great! I've been waiting for something like these!

That said, My Dad, a Cobbler by trade, wasn't fond of natural welts, he said they soiled easily, and were hard to polish. Of course like any son, I didn't always follow his sage advice. So I'm going to have fun soiling them!
post #8901 of 17586




Was really surprised to see this new boot. It's called the Higgins Mill and I was told it was built on a new last. Felt pretty good. Now I just have to wait until it's on sale lol. I'll Probably have to wait till the RDA Sale but that's perfect because that's when boot season starts!

Those are nice.  Look like the boots I ordered from Gustin earlier this year.

 

Bernie

 

post #8902 of 17586
One day, you might be in a situation where you have to camo your oxblood shaded foot. Only answer in that situation? Moor oxblood of course...

post #8903 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

One day, you might be in a situation where you have to camo your oxblood shaded foot. Only answer in that situation? Moor oxblood of course...

Here's another idea. It's a little crazy, but hear me out:
Socks.
post #8904 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

Here's another idea. It's a little crazy, but hear me out:
Socks.
I've heard of such things...really though, I'm only in these for an hour so I copped out and got lazy. Skin on skin action #shoeporntalk
post #8905 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluke79 View Post



I couldn't find info on the 2321 last on the Allen Edmonds website to see if the Academy would work with my 10.5 EEE high volume, but flat feet, so I Googled it and these beauties came up. There isn't any sizing or other color info but I think they'll look great! I've been waiting for something like these!

That said, My Dad, a Cobbler by trade, wasn't fond of natural welts, he said they soiled easily, and were hard to polish. Of course like any son, I didn't always follow his sage advice. So I'm going to have fun soiling them!


I'm not against any of these new ones per say, but what's up with the super dark colors against the natural welts?  At least to me they just push the shoes completely into the casual realm.  Why not offer more choices other than natural welt - less limiting.  With the current configurations, no way I'd go with either the academy or the new oak st.

post #8906 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 

I have question for all of you.  I am considering a boot for the fall.  Dundee, Dalton or the Liverpool?  Which is the most comfortable?  Which is the best fit for a suit and tie?

 

I have the Cronmok and the Knightsbridge in black.  


I don't think I'd go with a boot with a suit and tie, but of all that stuff mentioned, the Dalton would probably be the only contender.  I tried the grain Dundee at one point - comfortable, sort of standard 511 sizing, large-ish in the heel.  Very casual looking.  All black would have looked less casual.  I have a Dalton - I'm not a big fan of the instep fit so I don't wear them much, but they can be dressed up or dressed down pretty equally.  No idea on the Liverpool - I have an SMU'd Knightsbridge in all black that both looks killer and that fits me extremely well.  I think they destroy the Liverpool in terms of looks so I have no interest in even trying it.  Cronmok was awesome - passed on it since I had a neumok already and figured I'd never use a boot version - I 50% regret that decision, they were really comfortable.

post #8907 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet-stream View Post


This. Really saturate them with the Bick. Took a couple of rounds with my Daltons, but they are ninja-worthy now.

Where/how do you use Bick 4? Does it get applied to the inside of the shoe?
post #8908 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


I don't think I'd go with a boot with a suit and tie, but of all that stuff mentioned, the Dalton would probably be the only contender.  I tried the grain Dundee at one point - comfortable, sort of standard 511 sizing, large-ish in the heel.  Very casual looking.  All black would have looked less casual.  I have a Dalton - I'm not a big fan of the instep fit so I don't wear them much, but they can be dressed up or dressed down pretty equally.  No idea on the Liverpool - I have an SMU'd Knightsbridge in all black that both looks killer and that fits me extremely well.  I think they destroy the Liverpool in terms of looks so I have no interest in even trying it.  Cronmok was awesome - passed on it since I had a neumok already and figured I'd never use a boot version - I 50% regret that decision, they were really comfortable.


Thanks for answering.  I am in Texas and everyone has on boots with suits I would like to fit in but don't have a dress boot and wondered about the Dalton.

post #8909 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post


Where/how do you use Bick 4? Does it get applied to the inside of the shoe?


Apply it liberally to the uppers and the tongue. I would not use it inside the shoe, but you can if you want to...it's very harmless.

post #8910 of 17586
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


They did this on another shoe recently, didn't they? Makes me think of Alden's crepe soles with leather tip.


I just bought the Bainbridge at the Nordstrom's sale, it has a similar sole.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc