The Leawood chukka had a similar treatment. Crepe for the sole and heal, but leather tips.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 593post #8882 of 177147/17/16 at 11:31amQuote:
I really like the Academy in natural excel. May consider puchasing when the price goes down. The navy Oak Street would look much better if it had the black Dainite. Perhaps the red one will grow on me when I see them in person.
Their choices on what gets piping is interesting. Notice they included it on the Academy, but they've taken it off the Oak Street. I'm guessing because the Academy is considered a dress shoe, it got the piping. The new Boones also have removed the piping (but you can buy a few of the old ones on Ebay still). I'm trying not to obsess over this detail, and my black Carlyle's look fine without the old piping. I guess I just don't understand why they thought it would make the shoes more appealing to the eye.post #8883 of 177147/17/16 at 11:32amQuote:Originally Posted by mpatel
Hey guys needed some advice on fit.
I bought a pair of Ascher seconds in an 8 with a D width. My other AE shoes have all been in an 8D (Strand, PA, Mora 2, etc), which are a mix of first and seconds.
The Aschers as you can see from the pictures bow out. Is that bad fit, meaning I need something not as wide as a D or does it mean that since they are a pair of seconds this could be one of the flaws? I haven't worn them yet and so I am probably going to return/exchange if possible. I plan to wear these sockless for the most part with shorts or pants that would end up showing the bowing.
(sorry forgive the ashy feet)..haha
I could be wring but I think they look too tight across the instep. I would try an 8.5D. How is the space in front of your toes?post #8884 of 177147/17/16 at 11:36am
Man, it was only a month or two ago I mentioned that I'd love a Leeds in Natural Chromexcel -- the Academy isn't quite the same thing, but it's more than close enough for me. As soon as my size is available, that's going to be happening.
Also, the price on the sneakers is too good to pass up. Got a pair of the classic white on the way, even though I'm not a huge fan of the perforated treatment.
Edit: Didn't even notice the new Kudu option on the Oak Street. A Kudu wingtip would be tremendous. Maybe we'll be seeing a new McTavish for fall?post #8885 of 177147/17/16 at 11:49ampost #8886 of 177147/17/16 at 12:09pmpost #8887 of 177147/17/16 at 12:12pmpost #8888 of 177147/17/16 at 12:34pmpost #8889 of 177147/17/16 at 12:40pmQuote:
Here is my most recent shell Dalton acquisition but how's it supposed to fit?
When I put them on unlaced if I scoot my foot to the up to the toe I can put my first two fingers inside, also if I scoot my heal back I have about as much room as a 1/2 thumb (nuckle to tip). I am concerned because I want the right fit and don't want them too small. How are they supposed to fit? These are very stiff due to the shell I am guessing. Do they break in? Like wearing cardboard shoes...LOL.
Edited by TexasTexter - 7/17/16 at 1:08pmpost #8890 of 177147/17/16 at 12:41pmQuote:
The toes feel fine, not squished or anything. There is a bit of free space in front of the toes. I could slide my feet forward and be able to fit my pinky behind my heel.post #8891 of 177147/17/16 at 12:44pmpost #8892 of 177147/17/16 at 1:01pmpost #8893 of 177147/17/16 at 1:04pmpost #8894 of 177147/17/16 at 1:07pmpost #8895 of 177147/17/16 at 1:15pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Stunning $4000 NWT Borrelli Luxury Vintage Charcoal Grey Flannel... 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 30 minutes ago
- › New Bespoke Oxxford Gold Coast Super 150s Navy Blue Pants 34.5 40 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 40 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 44 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 49 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...