or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 585

post #8761 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post

Casual Friday? What's that? Also I'm close to finally pulling the trigger on shell. I'm thinking the cap toe boot from Alden (#8), and then maybe the Cambridge. All TBD of course but I've got shell on my mind...

You've been MIA lately... I guess the Alden thread has sucked you in, haha.

 

There is a pair of cigar shell boots on my shell cordovan search filter on ebay that have 2 days left and are already $750.

post #8762 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post



Got my Neumok seconds. What do you think of the imperfection? It's not particularly deep and frankly not at all noticeable since they're a casual shoe. Any thoughts?

Is that the only imperfection? Doesn't look bad then. Like you said, doesn't look noticeable since it's a casual shoe.
post #8763 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post


Dumb question, but are there any more still available in your size? Maybe a swap is in order.

Not a bad idea to call about it. There was a time where I'd order 2 or 3 pairs but... burning $ to send back so I stopped. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle View Post
 

 

In the past when I've ordered seconds that are at other shoe banks he's had them shipped to him first before sending to me. 

Good to know I'll have to consider ordering through him in the future particularly for shoes through the CAC. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post


Return. I am sure you will find it again and AE will honor the price. Why would you want to take the chance?

I agree I'll call to see if I can swap em.

post #8764 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post

You've been MIA lately... I guess the Alden thread has sucked you in, haha.
Honestly feel like a pervert over there. I just lurk and stare. Been rocking my Wolverine boots a lot lately hence not too many pictures from me. Ha who am I kidding. I lurk and stare in this thread too
post #8765 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post


Frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. I have two pairs of McA and two pairs of strands and I love them equally. For me, the strand is a bit more unique aesthetically which makes me lean a bit more in that direction. I would maybe lean towards one in merlot and then get the other in walnut eventually to build a more diverse set of choices instead of another black pair (admittedly I dislike black shoes though unless it's a really formal event).

 

Are you me? I have McAllisters in Merlot and Dark Chili (which is a gorgeous color) and Strands in Walnut and Brown Burnished. I have a pair of Black Parke Aves but I rarely wear them.

 

Plan on picking up a pair of Strands in Oxblood the next time they are on sale, and if I could find them in my size somewhere, I'd probably try a pair of McAllisters in Bourbon.

post #8766 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by roz77 View Post
 

 

Are you me? I have McAllisters in Merlot and Dark Chili (which is a gorgeous color) and Strands in Walnut and Brown Burnished. I have a pair of Black Parke Aves but I rarely wear them.

 

Plan on picking up a pair of Strands in Oxblood the next time they are on sale, and if I could find them in my size somewhere, I'd probably try a pair of McAllisters in Bourbon.

Check the AE ebay channel, another poster recently picked up a beautiful pair of bourbon McAs from them for something like $180.  I got mine from the bank maybe 6 months ago.

 

I don't know how stuck you are on the Strands in oxblood, but Nordys has their anniversary sale going on right now and have the dark chili Cornwallis for $260 and boy do they look awesome.

 

post #8767 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

Check the AE ebay channel, another poster recently picked up a beautiful pair of bourbon McAs from them for something like $180.  I got mine from the bank maybe 6 months ago.

 

I don't know how stuck you are on the Strands in oxblood, but Nordys has their anniversary sale going on right now and have the dark chili Cornwallis for $260 and boy do they look awesome.

 

 

Ebay unfortunately does not have my size right now. Neither does shoebank, although I think I'd be a bit wary of getting Bourbon seconds anyway.

 

As for the Cornwallis, I actually have on my shoe wishlist (I literally have a note on my phone with all the shoes I want to buy) a pair of them in Walnut. But damn that dark chili looks good.

post #8768 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by roz77 View Post

Are you me? I have McAllisters in Merlot and Dark Chili (which is a gorgeous color) and Strands in Walnut and Brown Burnished. I have a pair of Black Parke Aves but I rarely wear them.

Plan on picking up a pair of Strands in Oxblood the next time they are on sale, and if I could find them in my size somewhere, I'd probably try a pair of McAllisters in Bourbon.

I have the strands in midnight navy and bourbon and the McAs in merlot and walnut. I agree with @MattRiv that the Cornallis is Dark Chili looks amazing though so I may have to give that a shot next.
post #8769 of 17579
My first pair, Dark Chili McAllisters from the recent seconds sale.



They look close to perfect to me except the one hole at the bottom of the broguing is not punched out.
post #8770 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrover View Post

My first pair, Dark Chili McAllisters from the recent seconds sale.



They look close to perfect to me except the one hole at the bottom of the broguing is not punched out.

Take a tooth pick to it and you should be able to poke it out. 

post #8771 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

You've been MIA lately... I guess the Alden thread has sucked you in, haha.

 

There is a pair of cigar shell boots on my shell cordovan search filter on ebay that have 2 days left and are already $750.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCRich View Post


Honestly feel like a pervert over there. I just lurk and stare. Been rocking my Wolverine boots a lot lately hence not too many pictures from me. Ha who am I kidding. I lurk and stare in this thread too

 

It's okay @SLCRich, we all know how much of a force to be reckoned with those Alden Badgers are compared to AE barn weasels. I've been badgered into buying more than a couple pairs of Aldens recently myself.

 

post #8772 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post



Got my Neumok seconds. What do you think of the imperfection? It's not particularly deep and frankly not at all noticeable since they're a casual shoe. Any thoughts?

Roll with it!

post #8773 of 17579




Was really surprised to see this new boot. It's called the Higgins Mill and I was told it was built on a new last. Felt pretty good. Now I just have to wait until it's on sale lol. I'll Probably have to wait till the RDA Sale but that's perfect because that's when boot season starts!
post #8774 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post





Was really surprised to see this new boot. It's called the Higgins Mill and I was told it was built on a new last. Felt pretty good. Now I just have to wait until it's on sale lol. I'll Probably have to wait till the RDA Sale but that's perfect because that's when boot season starts!

It's about damn time that AE got into the casual boot game.  I'll wait patiently until they come out with that natty CXL Indy knock off.

post #8775 of 17579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Yes, that's very normal.  Bourbon is a weird color in that it varies so much from shoe to shoe.  For example, my bourbon Carlyles are much more dark than other bourbon shoes I've seen, almost like brown.  In the lighter-colored bourbon shoes, I've noticed that the green tint is stronger.  

A while back, I ended up ruining the very nice color on my Carlyles by using the conditioner / cleaner.  I tried using bourbon polish but it has proven to be worthless.  However, I recently bought some dark brown polish and I'm finding it works great at restoring my original burnish on my Carlyles.  Some people use black polish, but I think dark brown is a better match.  


These are my new ones. Do they look ok?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc