Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/18/17 at 7:00am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 570post #8537 of 193277/11/16 at 8:20pmQuote:
Thanks. Since u have 3, which of the 3 colors do you think works best with jeans?post #8538 of 193277/11/16 at 8:22pmpost #8539 of 193277/11/16 at 8:24pmpost #8540 of 193277/11/16 at 8:30pmpost #8541 of 193277/11/16 at 8:38pm
I have a question that has been on my mind for some time. What is your favorite Allen Edmonds finish? I was hung up on blue for a while....I'll post pics of my blue phase and I still like blue but lately the walnut is growing on me. It all started with the Shreveport, then the Brisbane, Rogue, then the LGA and now I am considering a Walnut Strand especially since Nordstrom's is having it on the Anniversary Sale. LOL. That color is really growing on me. So far I have the Blue, Walnut, Midnight Blue, Oxblood, Dark Chili, Merlot, and Bourbon. Oh and the Merlot is another hangup for me. That is a beautiful color. This is like a slippery creek bank, if you fool around the edge of the water you will slip in! This is just as addictive as my other vice, watch collecting!post #8542 of 193277/11/16 at 8:46pmpost #8543 of 193277/11/16 at 8:48pmpost #8544 of 193277/11/16 at 9:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by TexasTexter
I have a question that has been on my mind for some time. What is your favorite Allen Edmonds finish? I was hung up on blue for a while....I'll post pics of my blue phase and I still like blue but lately the walnut is growing on me. It all started with the Shreveport, then the Brisbane, Rogue, then the LGA and now I am considering a Walnut Strand especially since Nordstrom's is having it on the Anniversary Sale. LOL. That color is really growing on me. So far I have the Blue, Walnut, Midnight Blue, Oxblood, Dark Chili, Merlot, and Bourbon. Oh and the Merlot is another hangup for me. That is a beautiful color. This is like a slippery creek bank, if you fool around the edge of the water you will slip in! This is just as addictive as my other vice, watch collecting!
The favorite finish I have so far on my AE shoes is actually a mistake. My ShoeBank "Cognac" McTavishes are more like an antiqued tan, and they are easily one of my favorites. (center)
I like the color better than either the "real" cognac or the tan, and think they are more versatile than the "real" tan with the darker welt/edge. AE didn't mean to do this, but I sure wish they'd make this mistake on a Strandmok... I'd swipe my card instantlypost #8545 of 193277/11/16 at 9:12pmpost #8546 of 193277/11/16 at 9:49pmpost #8547 of 193277/11/16 at 10:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
I guess I will put the one on the right on Ebay. Probably will try to sell for $125. I hate to part with either of these guys, but I don't really need 2 of them. Decided I will break in and if need be, stretch the ones that fit smaller with the old piping. I suspect the old one fits tighter because the leather is thicker than the new one.
Perhaps, I'm too obsessed with piping.
I say keep the old style. I know fit is king, but it has already eaten away at you. It will just consume you. I also think the left looks better anyway, regardless of piping.post #8548 of 193277/11/16 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by iloveplaid
Need some help with sizing - hopefully anyone with experience with these models can chime in.
So far I haven't had any luck with the following:
7.5EEE - Walden Loafers - 114 last - length was great but baby toe was smushed.
8 EEE - Cavanaugh Loafers - 114 last - HUGE - feet were swimming.
8 EEE Eagle County Boots - 222 last - HUGE feet were swimming.
7 EEE - Bass Weejun Larsons - fit perfectly
These were mostly purchased as seconds and I've managed to do OK with insoles.
Looking at a pair of Macneils which are on 97 lasts. Any advice on sizing here?
What do you brannock? The general feeling I get, is the McacNeil is easier (more consistent) to size for people. I'd start with your brannock.
Edit: Also, its tough to compare a long wing blucher to loafers and a boot that don't fit you correctly.post #8549 of 193277/11/16 at 10:26pmQuote:
No. They are from the Independence line. The leather is more supple than the regular AE line and its on the 201 last (if its a Bartlett 2.0). Style-wise is the equivalent of the Strand. And as other have already stated, not shell.post #8550 of 193277/11/16 at 11:03pm
Hi guys, am usually not selling or buying shoes. But i have new, unworn Mora 2.0 in Brown color and size 9.5 3E with custom V-tread sole. I paid 395 + 40 + Tax(35) = $470.
This item is not returnable to the AE store, do you think selling on here would be better? How much is the reasonable price you get on NEW, UNWORN items as such? Thanks.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...