or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 543

post #8131 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me?  I am bummed.  These are gorgeous shoes!  


Since those are firsts I would try and exchange right away (while they may have others in your size in stock).  At the very least get them prorated to the current seconds price of $197 if you decide to keep them.

 

Edit: sorry didn't read through to the end.  Hopefully you'll get a good outcome.

post #8132 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 


The are stunning in person except for that issue.

 

Oh I totally agree.  The merlot color on the Park Ave is stunning.  You can see mine in my avatar.

post #8133 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

Oh I totally agree.  The merlot color on the Park Ave is stunning.  You can see mine in my avatar.


Yes they are.  I am optimistic that they can fix them. :)  

post #8134 of 17563

I have AE in walnut (shreveport, brisbane, LGA), dark chili (rogue), merlot (strand, park), navy (strandmok, cronmok, neumok, cornwallis, strand) and oxblood (warwick) what color is the bourbon closest to?  Do they still have it?  I don't think I have ever seen that color in person. 

post #8135 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 


Since those are firsts I would try and exchange right away (while they may have others in your size in stock).  At the very least get them prorated to the current seconds price of $197 if you decide to keep them.

 

Edit: sorry didn't read through to the end.  Hopefully you'll get a good outcome.


Thanks!  I am optimistic.  Allen Edmonds has great CS.

post #8136 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
 

I have AE in walnut (shreveport, brisbane, LGA), dark chili (rogue), merlot (strand, park), navy (strandmok, cronmok, neumok, cornwallis, strand) and oxblood (warwick) what color is the bourbon closest to?  Do they still have it?  I don't think I have ever seen that color in person. 


There are still a few out there on ShoeBank (plus the McAllisters in AE eBay store).  Its walnut with a dark burnishing, sometimes I think there are some greenish undertones (at least on some pairs) like you might see in poplar lumber.

 

The main problem with Bourbon is the propensity to have tiger-striping.  There are numerous examples of awesome pairs as well as WTF on this forum and its previous iteration.  Here is a picture of my Bourbon Daltons.  

 

 

post #8137 of 17563




Picked up these vintage Chesters on eBay last week for $40. I think they've literally been worn once. Based on the model #, I think these are from the mid 80s.
Edited by MattRiv - 7/6/16 at 6:14am
post #8138 of 17563

Bought my first pair of AE's a few weeks ago (Merlot Strands) and I'm loving them. Just came across the Strandmoks in Navy Leather and I must have them! (http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/casual-shoes/strandmok-cap-toe-oxfords-with-dainite-rubber-sole/8236-080-D.html)

 

However, they do not seem to go on sale often. I think I have a problem, I have been staring at a picture of them every day for quite a while, waiting for them to go on sale. Anyone know of some upcoming sales and/or promotions? I cannot bring myself to buy anything for full price (it was how I was raised :D).

 

Thanks! 

post #8139 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by defenestrate View Post
 

Bought my first pair of AE's a few weeks ago (Merlot Strands) and I'm loving them. Just came across the Strandmoks in Navy Leather and I must have them! (http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-shoes/casual-shoes/strandmok-cap-toe-oxfords-with-dainite-rubber-sole/8236-080-D.html)

 

However, they do not seem to go on sale often. I think I have a problem, I have been staring at a picture of them every day for quite a while, waiting for them to go on sale. Anyone know of some upcoming sales and/or promotions? I cannot bring myself to buy anything for full price (it was how I was raised :D).

 

Thanks! 

Maybe check the shoe bank?

post #8140 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post





Picked up these vintage Chesters on eBay last week for $40. I think they've literally been worn once. Based on the model #, I think these are from the mid 80s.

 

I picked up a pair of Chesters a month or two back and while they were worn more than 1 time, they were in great shape. Mine are in black and they looked great after some polishing. Great pair you got there.

post #8141 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2511 View Post
 

 

I picked up a pair of Chesters a month or two back and while they were worn more than 1 time, they were in great shape. Mine are in black and they looked great after some polishing. Great pair you got there.

I haven't put a polish on these yet.

 

I really like the fit of the 3 last and the chestnut color is very different from what you can get from AE these days.  I don't love the pattern used on the rear quarters, definitely not as elegant as what you'd see on the McAllister.  For the price, I couldn't turn them down.

post #8142 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

Maybe check the shoe bank?

They don't have that color :(

 

Come to think of it, I haven't see many of the navy leather strandmoks out in the wild. Here is a picture that another styleforum member (SUUTEEBIRD) posted.

 


Edited by defenestrate - 7/6/16 at 8:05am
post #8143 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

I haven't put a polish on these yet.

 

I really like the fit of the 3 last and the chestnut color is very different from what you can get from AE these days.  I don't love the pattern used on the rear quarters, definitely not as elegant as what you'd see on the McAllister.  For the price, I couldn't turn them down.

 

I agree they aren't quite a McAllister but at that price its hard to complain. I paid $30 for mine but i'd have paid more for that chestnut color for sure.

post #8144 of 17563
Quote:
Originally Posted by defenestrate View Post
 

They don't have that color :(

 

Come to think of it, I haven't see many of the navy leather strandmoks out in the wild. Here is a picture that another styleforum member posted.

 

 

I think the neumoks in navy are pretty popular on here. I've been wanting to get a pair but im still trying to hunt down some suede wingtips or strands (not the strankmok 2.0)

post #8145 of 17563

Walnut Rutledge for a Wednesday.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc