or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 542

post #8116 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post

With tomorrow being Wednesday, plus Indy week and all, am I'm a quandary. Need to be suited up n in 90 degree heat. So, navy blue with Walnut 5ths, blue with brown Bartletts, or off the grid with dark gray suit and #8 shell PAs ? Too many conflicting rules around here:)

 

It's Indy Week! Bartletts! Besides, shell breathes less than calf so it would get hotter inside those PAs. Plus--it's Indy Week!

 

:-)

post #8117 of 17714
Midnight Navy for first day back to work:
D55C8AD3-289E-430F-B5AD-952A1DCEFF73_zps3lk1zq5p.jpg

Finally mostly broken in too- this is the first day I've made it throughout the day without pain

@AllenEdmondsCEO /Paul: I've said this before on here (and commented to a couple SA's at your stores), but if you ever make the Grayson in midnight navy, I'll be first in line to buy it. I normally wait for sales, but I would make an exception in that case lol.
Edited by orange fury - 7/5/16 at 6:03pm
post #8118 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle View Post

With tomorrow being Wednesday, plus Indy week and all, am I'm a quandary. Need to be suited up n in 90 degree heat. So, navy blue with Walnut 5ths, blue with brown Bartletts, or off the grid with dark gray suit and #8 shell PAs ? Too many conflicting rules around here:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrandes View Post

It's Indy Week! Bartletts! Besides, shell breathes less than calf so it would get hotter inside those PAs. Plus--it's Indy Week!

:-)

What he said - Indy Week/Bartletts! Lots of other Wednesdays for wearing walnut.
post #8119 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Thomas [Jefferson] Tuesday:
#indyweek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrandes View Post

Starting Independence Week on the right foot with Jefferson 2.0:

Looking good gents!
post #8120 of 17714
anyone happen to know of another well made boat shoe similar to the Maritime's Bone color? been doin some searching myself but seems most just make a navy or brown. cant get a good fit on the maritimes my toes touch the end on my usual size 10 and the 10.5's are a bit too large my heel slips a good bit even tied tight. love the color tho
post #8121 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster35 View Post

anyone happen to know of another well made boat shoe similar to the Maritime's Bone color? been doin some searching myself but seems most just make a navy or brown. cant get a good fit on the maritimes my toes touch the end on my usual size 10 and the 10.5's are a bit too large my heel slips a good bit even tied tight. love the color tho

I do not know if they make a boat shoes in bone but two brands that I'd recommend checking out are Rancourt and Quoddy. Unfortunate that the AE don't fit. They are a good quality and the price is right for a handsewn even though they are made in Dominican Republic and not the USA. I tend to beat the heck out if my handsewns anyways.
post #8122 of 17714
yea i was pretty bummed. love this shoe. i may try an insert or something before i send them back. if i cant stop the heel slip ill hafta return em. i checked rancourt. actually purchased a pair of westport boat shoes in navy, fingers crossed the 10.5 work for me in that shoe, will look into quoddy also
post #8123 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

Midnight Navy for first day back to work:
D55C8AD3-289E-430F-B5AD-952A1DCEFF73_zps3lk1zq5p.jpg

Finally mostly broken in too- this is the first day I've made it throughout the day without pain

@AllenEdmondsCEO /Paul: I've said this before on here (and commented to a couple SA's at your stores), but if you ever make the Grayson in midnight navy, I'll be first in line to buy it. I normally wait for sales, but I would make an exception in that case lol.


I love those.  I have a pair.  They are tight in the toes (hurt) for me so I am going with a very thin sock until they get broke in.

post #8124 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post

Guys, disappointed in the splotch on my Merlot Park Avenues. Thoughts? It looks like a totally different color.


Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me?  I am bummed.  These are gorgeous shoes!  

post #8125 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post


Hey Fellows can you see the splotch here or is it just me?  I am bummed.  These are gorgeous shoes!  

I'd be disappointed. I've seen some on dabondo1's eBay site that have similar, albeit larger, discolored spots at a considerable discount.

Have you tried cream or wax polish? If unsuccessful, I'd take it to your SA and see what they can do.
post #8126 of 17714

Yeah, that is quite noticeable.  If those were 2nds, they'd be a good value, but if you paid 1st price, I would consider returning if the polish didn't help. 

post #8127 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc808314 View Post


AE has an Ebay store? Can you please share the link?

 



http://www.ebay.com/usr/allenedmonds

Thank you!
post #8128 of 17714


Yeah, those are from the Father's Day sale online.  I was bummed.  I sent them back to AE to see if they can repair them. :(  The are stunning in person except for that issue.

post #8129 of 17714


Thanks!

post #8130 of 17714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post


I'd be disappointed. I've seen some on dabondo1's eBay site that have similar, albeit larger, discolored spots at a considerable discount.

Have you tried cream or wax polish? If unsuccessful, I'd take it to your SA and see what they can do.


Yes, all to no avail.  I sent them back to AE to see if they can fix them.  :(  You know how it is you find the ones that just sing to you then you notice a defect.  LOL.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc