Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 537post #8042 of 193277/3/16 at 8:02pmpost #8043 of 193277/3/16 at 8:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
You know you never even mentioned a Bourbon McAllister, $179.
Good find. However, I've already got a pair of bourbon Fifth Avenues so I has hoping to get a new color with this next pair.post #8044 of 193277/3/16 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by ace13x
You know you never even mentioned a Bourbon McAllister, $179.
Google Image search kills me...post #8045 of 193277/3/16 at 8:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by rbf1138
Went to my local AE store today to return two pairs of shoebank shoes that didn't work for me. While I was there I tried on a pair of the Boulder loafers and I liked them. The SA, who was an older man and told me he'd worked in the shoe business his entire life, fitted me into the 7D Boulders and thought they were a perfect fit. The length seemed right to me but it felt pretty tight on the ball of my foot. He told me that they'd stretch and be perfect, and that sizing up to a 7.5 would leave me with my heel slipping (they didn't have a 7.5 to try). I decided to order them in both a 7D and 7E, hoping that the additional width might give me just the room I need. Do you guys think this will help, or should I instead order them in a 7.5?
If it helps, I measured my foot when I got home and I have a length of 9 3/8 and a width of 3 6/8.
Didn't they have a brannock device in the store?
In any case if your around that 7 range listen to @Neo1. The SA may have a lifetime of experience, and may very well be correct, but I don't think anyone on this forum has tried on more pairs of 7's than he has. Read his AE guide if you haven't. In fact everyone should.post #8046 of 193277/3/16 at 8:40pmpost #8047 of 193277/3/16 at 8:43pmpost #8048 of 193277/3/16 at 8:51pmQuote:
I think I used the AE chili, but I'm not sure. Its less opaque than the brown. I know I'm not that fond of the AE brown. Or you could always try the neutral.post #8049 of 193277/3/16 at 10:13pmpost #8050 of 193277/3/16 at 11:08pmpost #8051 of 193277/4/16 at 5:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
You know, I actually don't think it looks terrible on the black shoes. I haven't seen a merlot Hopkinson in person yet, so I can't comment on merlot. But the black Carlyle's I saw didn't look too bad. It's the walnut color that looks really rough with the new piping in my opinion.
It is already famous in my community.post #8052 of 193277/4/16 at 8:14ampost #8053 of 193277/4/16 at 8:48ampost #8054 of 193277/4/16 at 9:25amQuote:
I think if you can get a picture of Stoffel in a pair of your AEs (or burrowed down in a single shoe), we have a new forum mascot!
Unspoilered, this time for fez panache.post #8055 of 193277/4/16 at 9:27am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...