or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 534

post #7996 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post




ROFL Past tense.

To be honest, I'm wavering.

Damn it, self-weaselation.

I've always loved the McAllister (my only wingtip is the walnut McClain, which is really a solid color spectator), and bourbon is one of my favorite colors, and I need a pair of brown shoes with rubber soles. I didn't realize AE had an eBay account, so when I saw the price I was like "well, damn".




I was also several scotches in at that point, so that helped the decision making process lol.
post #7997 of 17718
Scotch always helps! I've ended up with more than one pair of shoes and or jackets that way!

I'm a Glenlivet Nadurra man myself!
post #7998 of 17718

I like them.  Check out the past catalogs:https://issuu.com/allenedmonds.  From the shape of the toe, my uneducated guess would put them around 1970, give or take several years.

post #7999 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by amphillips79 View Post

Scotch always helps! I've ended up with more than one pair of shoes and or jackets that way!

I'm a Glenlivet Nadurra man myself!

Alcohol has been a factor in more than a few purchases for me lol

I generally drink Laphroaig or Ardbeg (I'm an Islay guy), but last night was spent alternating between Talisker and Macallan
post #8000 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

Alcohol has been a factor in more than a few purchases for me lol

I generally drink Laphroaig or Ardbeg (I'm an Islay guy), but last night was spent alternating between Talisker and Macallan

Laphroaig is often in my decanter as well. I also really enjoy Oban. Between those and a nice glass of ice cold Ciroc I've done some pretty serious damage :-)
post #8001 of 17718

Can someone tell what it means on the AE website when it states "Sweepstakes participant" next to someone's review?  What kind of sweepstakes is this? 

post #8002 of 17718
At a wedding, with my walnut Strands keeping me company at the reception.
post #8003 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post

Can someone tell what it means on the AE website when it states "Sweepstakes participant" next to someone's review?  What kind of sweepstakes is this? 


 



You post a review, and in return are entered into a sweepstakes for a pair of shoes, belt and trees.
post #8004 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRiv View Post
 

Anyone know what these are?

 

I'm always down for a quick scavenger hunt. Those look like Kensingtons, released in Fall 1997, according to https://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/fall-1997-catalog. They look really nice; if they were a half-size smaller, you might have some competition on the auction :sly: 

post #8005 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post


Deets on the Daltons?

 

Nothing too special, just a non-standard size (2E width) and Dainite sole.

post #8006 of 17718

 

I'd be down for an austerity wingtip.  AE has so many shoes that are iterations of the same style yet nothing like this in their current line up.

post #8007 of 17718
post #8008 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Not very christmassy.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-Jingle-Bell-Mok-13E-Navy-/172254792758?hash=item281b2f8c36:g:d6cAAOSwepJXcIHD

Maybe Christmas at the Osbournes.

Hahahahaha!!!!
post #8009 of 17718
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post

Not very christmassy.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Allen-Edmonds-Jingle-Bell-Mok-13E-Navy-/172254792758?hash=item281b2f8c36:g:d6cAAOSwepJXcIHD

Maybe Christmas at the Osbournes.

It wa the Hanukkah version.
post #8010 of 17718

Found these 4 last NIB aged Cantons for $70 shipped (best offer accepted). 

-seller: brunell1100 favorable experience here.

-picture is right out of box on delivery, scuffs are all very minor/normal wear and tear if worn.

-love the leather sole /mini lug combination, wish they had a storm welt

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc