or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 530

post #7936 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj805 View Post
 

Re: Nordstrom's sale-- I noticed those Acorn Neumoks have been at that same (sale) price for a while.

 

It's almost like there's always a sale going on with retailers!

I think those were from last years Anniversary sale.  I was a n00b then, so I'm not 100% positive on that.

post #7937 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

On occasion I will sell a pair or two on Ebay. This experience allows me to pass on some of the "Ebay insider trade secrets" I have collected. This week is another Ebay product photo tip. When selling shoes, it is generally best to actually insert a picture of the shoes, as opposed to just the end of the box in which they came. Don't pass this wisdom on to non-forum members because tips like this are super secret. :fonz:

 

They will probably sell for cheap and if there is anything not advertised on the add, you can return them for free!

post #7938 of 17817
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post
 

I'm not sure if anyone answered your question . . . but my answer should be "no blisters".  If you buy at Nordstroms, make sure you call ahead of time to ask when the AE manager is on duty.  He/she will have vast experience in a proper fit.  Otherwise, return the shoes immediately with free shipping.  AE factory also haves free returns.

 

All my best,

 

David

The Kennedy Style

 

Hey, man. Welcome back!

post #7939 of 17817

First post here!  I haven't seen too much love for the Rogues on this forum, but this is my very favorite shoe.  The 65 last is basically impossible for me, and I was about to write off AE entirely until I tried the 201.

post #7940 of 17817
Dundee 2.0. Same dark gray pants I wore with the walnut pair. Crazy how they look super dark with a light shoe, but gray with a darker shoe
post #7941 of 17817

Hi all,

 

My first contribution to this thread - a line up of my current AE collection.

 

 

From left to right:

Dalton, Park Ave, Ardsley Park, Carlyle, some suede LWB - dunno what it's called, Shelton and finally Gridiron.

All in 10.5 EEE but for the Carlyle in 10 EEE.

post #7942 of 17817
Last workday before July 4th, so I'm being thematically appropriate:
3C694719-D658-48AD-A428-2EB27755F462_zpsuohoxxyj.jpg

I did want to ask about bowing though, this is going on on the right shoe:
79FE86A6-3F6A-4DE8-8ECA-2B07472B52ED_zpsg2zkfwyp.jpg

24E20737-A7FA-48F9-BD8D-90C67E157270_zps8rc0ilao.jpg

I've gotten lucky and never had bowing happen with any of my AE's- does this look like too much? I'm not sure what is considered acceptable- it still fits well (not loose), I just don't want it to become a bigger issue down the road.
post #7943 of 17817

For those who wish for a mid-brown, blucher, shell wingtip at what I anticipate to be near AE shell prices... unspoiler the below:

 

Warning: Non AE Content! (Click to show)

Whisky Shell Crockett & Jones for Polo Ralph Lauren Marlow Wingtip GMTO currently taking expressions of interest.  With the GBP-USD spread at a generational low, C&J shell is roughly comparable with AE "stock" shell in price.  Here's a photo of the shoe in Dark Brown Shell:

 

 

Price TBD, but similarly spec'd shoes have been recently priced at 500 GBP + 30 GBP shipping to US.  Call that ~$705 as of 8am Central US time on July 1 2016.
 
Use the GMTO Google Spreadsheet to signup, and please PM me for more info.  We are aiming for 12.  In an effort to keep the focus of this thread on AE Appreciation, please do not quote or reply to this w/in this thread.  Thanks for looking.

 

If not, keep calm and carry on. :slayer: 


Edited by tkebh979 - 7/1/16 at 6:29am
post #7944 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

Last workday before July 4th, so I'm being thematically appropriate: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3C694719-D658-48AD-A428-2EB27755F462_zpsuohoxxyj.jpg

I did want to ask about bowing though, this is going on on the right shoe:
79FE86A6-3F6A-4DE8-8ECA-2B07472B52ED_zpsg2zkfwyp.jpg

24E20737-A7FA-48F9-BD8D-90C67E157270_zps8rc0ilao.jpg


I've gotten lucky and never had bowing happen with any of my AE's- does this look like too much? I'm not sure what is considered acceptable- it still fits well (not loose), I just don't want it to become a bigger issue down the road.

 

Those look perfectly festive.  Great pickup!

 

Re: bowing... it looks like you have a combination of this and v-gap.  If they were mine, I'd keep them.  I'd probably pull them out a couple times a year on your more patriotic holidays (Memorial, Veteran's, Labor, Independence, and heck, Flag Days) and wouldn't care about the fit so much as getting the compliments on having something unusual.

 

I like these as a golf shoe as well (genius recommendation by AE ad), but it's hard for me to stomach $200 for a golf shoe that will take a bit of a beating.

 

btw... I'm sure you didn't intend to troll Canadians on Canada Day, guy?

 

post #7945 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkebh979 View Post

Those look perfectly festive.  Great pickup!

Re: bowing... it looks like you have a combination of this and v-gap.  If they were mine, I'd keep them.  I'd probably pull them out a couple times a year on your more patriotic holidays (Memorial, Veteran's, Labor, Independence, and heck, Flag Days) and wouldn't care about the fit so much as getting the compliments on having something unusual.

I like these as a golf shoe as well (genius recommendation by AE ad), but it's hard for me to stomach $200 for a golf shoe that will take a bit of a beating.

btw... I'm sure you didn't intend to troll Canadians on Canada Day, guy?



The v-gap isn't as bad as it looks- I can actually pull it tighter, but my feet tend to be more swollen in the morning- it'll be tighter by midday. I plan on wearing them often during the summer though, not just holidays, so that's why I was concerned about the bowing.

Didn't realize that today was Canada Day lol
post #7946 of 17817
It's better when I tighten them, but still:
14EE94D4-AE62-4F37-80EB-A25D2CB48808_zpsnxvfrbya.jpg
post #7947 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

It's better when I tighten them, but still: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
14EE94D4-AE62-4F37-80EB-A25D2CB48808_zpsnxvfrbya.jpg

 

I saw that, and said, "meh."

 

Keepers. :slayer:

post #7948 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post

It's better when I tighten them, but still: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

14EE94D4-AE62-4F37-80EB-A25D2CB48808_zpsnxvfrbya.jpg

 

Try a different lacing style like criss-cross. Pretty casual style so (in my opinion) bar lacing isn't required unless thats just what you prefer. I don't usually use that type of bar lacing when my v-gap doesn't close. I either go regular straight bar or criss cross. YMMV. Look good either way!

post #7949 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus N View Post
 

Hi all,

 

My first contribution to this thread - a line up of my current AE collection.

 

 

From left to right:

Dalton, Park Ave, Ardsley Park, Carlyle, some suede LWB - dunno what it's called, Shelton and finally Gridiron.

All in 10.5 EEE but for the Carlyle in 10 EEE.

 

Ooo, you got one of the old Walnut Carlyles with the old piping.  Excellent.  

post #7950 of 17817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster33 View Post
 

 

Ooo, you got one of the old Walnut Carlyles with the old piping.  Excellent.  


Even the Independence line shoes don't have piping anymore. Absurd. At least the Strand still has it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc