Not Allen Edmonds but excited for late summer to wear these as well:
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- brandAllen Edmonds Brandtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Byrontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Cordovan Dundeetagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Slip-Ontagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
- itemAllen Edmonds Weybridge Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 7/11/16
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 7:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 528post #7907 of 175706/29/16 at 7:42pmQuote:
I keep saying that, but I've come to terms with the fact I'm not done yet. I still need (okay, want) Warwicks and McTavishes from Shoebank, Verona II's, and Grayson's (during the RDA sale)post #7908 of 175706/29/16 at 7:43pm
So, after talking to the SA at the store, I kept my merlot Mcallisters. Wore them out to a nice dinner with my wife and daughter this evening. Fit is great, even though my high instep makes the V gap a little large. Wife loved them, too...so it's a win all the way around!
Now, it's time for a more casual pair so I have two for my later summer and early fall trips to ATL....LWB or strandmoks, I think. You people have created a monster!post #7909 of 175706/29/16 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by HoldenMI
My shell cordovan Leeds in the office today on the day of their maiden voyage. They were seconds because, I think, a couple of the eyelets on the right shoes were very slightly off, but fortunately not enough to bother me. They've been comfortable right out of the box and I'm happy with them. My first shells... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats. They won't be your last pair either.post #7910 of 175706/29/16 at 7:53pmpost #7911 of 175706/29/16 at 7:58pmpost #7912 of 175706/29/16 at 8:05pmpost #7913 of 175706/29/16 at 8:27pmWe're those Brooks Brothers MacNeils listed as brown, or chili? I saw an unlabeled pair in the Brooks Brothers at Liberty Plaza and assumed they were "teak," then thought some more and decided they were probably chili, but that the texture and brogueing made them look darker than, say, chili Delrays. Either way, I think they look terrific and wish they went up size 14!
When I bought my pebble grain Dundees and oxblood strands, I assumed I was done for the year. Then, I found pebble grain Leeds and black Alden tassel loafers for about $50 each on eBay, and a fellow forum member who wears my size gifted me a pair that he doesn't wear anymore. So, I went from two new pairs (which I considered a treat) to five pairs, which will take me forever to break in and may require a new shoe rack (not to mention new trees, bags, and polishes). My attempt at reigning myself in completely failed, and yet, how can you turn down $50 Aldens in an odd size that may not pop up again for a year or more?Quote:Originally Posted by ace13x
Spoils of the sale came into Paramus today.
Navy Strands, crappy indoor lighting makes them look SO black, but they ARE navy (midnight blue is more accurate):
Black shell Park Avenue's, virtually flawless:
Brown grain Brooks Bros. MacNeil's (I'm wavering on these, ironically due to eyelet alignment):
Left 2 more pairs (brown shell Dundee for fit, and khaki McTavish for peanut-butter) on the table. After trees, cordovan cream and brush I was lucky to escape without breaking four figures. Really wanted those Dundee's. Just a touch too long.
Thats it I'm DONE with shoe buying for the year. Fin. No Mas. Over and Out. Fat Lady Sung.
Maybe a Mojave.... and a Sea Island. Bayfield if it comes before the end of the year.
Oh and a Jefferson, maybe.post #7914 of 175706/29/16 at 8:47pmpost #7915 of 175706/29/16 at 9:15pmOrdered some McGregors off the bay. They were labeled as burgundy but this looks more like an oxblood (?) to me. Comparison pic against burgundy Cliftons.
Doesn't really matter as the shoes are pristine, I really like the color and the price was right.
One thing: anyone notice the heel on the McGregor is cut high? These may take some break-in.post #7916 of 175706/29/16 at 9:52pmWell, I hope the Merlot Strands I just bought today come in looking as sweet as those in all of the pictures that have been getting posted here lately. I also hope that the 9D size I ordered treats my feet better than my 8.5D Fifth Aves... which crowd my toes. That makes four pairs (up from zero) since March. Might be intervention time soon.post #7917 of 175706/30/16 at 2:27amQuote:
Yes, that would change my answer, but probably to something like:
- wait for a sale on the chili McA
- consider a merlot McA (I think this is still an option but haven't checked)
I don't see a good reason to pay full price for a (non-MTO) AE shoe at this point; they have moved to a model of frequent sales, and I interpret this as meaning they don't intend for full price to be the actual sale price.
Don't get me wrong, I love the strand and have a couple myself. With one major exception, I generally avoid multiples of one style, because I think one of he colors will generally trump the other. I just got shell stands during the tent sale and have a feeling my walnut pair will not often be in the rotation.
However, that's me - if you think you would wear the Merlot strands frequently, the real answer is:
- Merlot strand now
- Chili McA later
- Brown shell strand even later
There's really no use fighting it.post #7918 of 175706/30/16 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
We're those Brooks Brothers MacNeils listed as brown, or chili? I saw an unlabeled pair in the Brooks Brothers at Liberty Plaza and assumed they were "teak," then thought some more and decided they were probably chili, but that the texture and brogueing made them look darker than, say, chili Delrays. Either way, I think they look terrific and wish they went up size 14!
When I bought my pebble grain Dundees and oxblood strands, I assumed I was done for the year. Then, I found pebble grain Leeds and black Alden tassel loafers for about $50 each on eBay, and a fellow forum member who wears my size gifted me a pair that he doesn't wear anymore. So, I went from two new pairs (which I considered a treat) to five pairs, which will take me forever to break in and may require a new shoe rack (not to mention new trees, bags, and polishes). My attempt at reigning myself in completely failed, and yet, how can you turn down $50 Aldens in an odd size that may not pop up again for a year or more?
Yes!! I meant Chili. Sorry, I was high on new shoe smell.post #7919 of 175706/30/16 at 5:54ampost #7920 of 175706/30/16 at 6:12am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Armani Collezioni Leather blouson jacket size 50 EU/40USA 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Henry Blake Watches - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway