Not Allen Edmonds but excited for late summer to wear these as well:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 528post #7907 of 193286/29/16 at 7:42pmQuote:
I keep saying that, but I've come to terms with the fact I'm not done yet. I still need (okay, want) Warwicks and McTavishes from Shoebank, Verona II's, and Grayson's (during the RDA sale)post #7908 of 193286/29/16 at 7:43pm
So, after talking to the SA at the store, I kept my merlot Mcallisters. Wore them out to a nice dinner with my wife and daughter this evening. Fit is great, even though my high instep makes the V gap a little large. Wife loved them, too...so it's a win all the way around!
Now, it's time for a more casual pair so I have two for my later summer and early fall trips to ATL....LWB or strandmoks, I think. You people have created a monster!post #7909 of 193286/29/16 at 7:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by HoldenMI
My shell cordovan Leeds in the office today on the day of their maiden voyage. They were seconds because, I think, a couple of the eyelets on the right shoes were very slightly off, but fortunately not enough to bother me. They've been comfortable right out of the box and I'm happy with them. My first shells... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats. They won't be your last pair either.post #7910 of 193286/29/16 at 7:53pmpost #7911 of 193286/29/16 at 7:58pmpost #7912 of 193286/29/16 at 8:05pmpost #7913 of 193286/29/16 at 8:27pmWe're those Brooks Brothers MacNeils listed as brown, or chili? I saw an unlabeled pair in the Brooks Brothers at Liberty Plaza and assumed they were "teak," then thought some more and decided they were probably chili, but that the texture and brogueing made them look darker than, say, chili Delrays. Either way, I think they look terrific and wish they went up size 14!
When I bought my pebble grain Dundees and oxblood strands, I assumed I was done for the year. Then, I found pebble grain Leeds and black Alden tassel loafers for about $50 each on eBay, and a fellow forum member who wears my size gifted me a pair that he doesn't wear anymore. So, I went from two new pairs (which I considered a treat) to five pairs, which will take me forever to break in and may require a new shoe rack (not to mention new trees, bags, and polishes). My attempt at reigning myself in completely failed, and yet, how can you turn down $50 Aldens in an odd size that may not pop up again for a year or more?Quote:Originally Posted by ace13x
Spoils of the sale came into Paramus today.
Navy Strands, crappy indoor lighting makes them look SO black, but they ARE navy (midnight blue is more accurate):
Black shell Park Avenue's, virtually flawless:
Brown grain Brooks Bros. MacNeil's (I'm wavering on these, ironically due to eyelet alignment):
Left 2 more pairs (brown shell Dundee for fit, and khaki McTavish for peanut-butter) on the table. After trees, cordovan cream and brush I was lucky to escape without breaking four figures. Really wanted those Dundee's. Just a touch too long.
Thats it I'm DONE with shoe buying for the year. Fin. No Mas. Over and Out. Fat Lady Sung.
Maybe a Mojave.... and a Sea Island. Bayfield if it comes before the end of the year.
Oh and a Jefferson, maybe.post #7914 of 193286/29/16 at 8:47pmpost #7915 of 193286/29/16 at 9:15pmOrdered some McGregors off the bay. They were labeled as burgundy but this looks more like an oxblood (?) to me. Comparison pic against burgundy Cliftons.
Doesn't really matter as the shoes are pristine, I really like the color and the price was right.
One thing: anyone notice the heel on the McGregor is cut high? These may take some break-in.post #7916 of 193286/29/16 at 9:52pmWell, I hope the Merlot Strands I just bought today come in looking as sweet as those in all of the pictures that have been getting posted here lately. I also hope that the 9D size I ordered treats my feet better than my 8.5D Fifth Aves... which crowd my toes. That makes four pairs (up from zero) since March. Might be intervention time soon.post #7917 of 193286/30/16 at 2:27amQuote:
Yes, that would change my answer, but probably to something like:
- wait for a sale on the chili McA
- consider a merlot McA (I think this is still an option but haven't checked)
I don't see a good reason to pay full price for a (non-MTO) AE shoe at this point; they have moved to a model of frequent sales, and I interpret this as meaning they don't intend for full price to be the actual sale price.
Don't get me wrong, I love the strand and have a couple myself. With one major exception, I generally avoid multiples of one style, because I think one of he colors will generally trump the other. I just got shell stands during the tent sale and have a feeling my walnut pair will not often be in the rotation.
However, that's me - if you think you would wear the Merlot strands frequently, the real answer is:
- Merlot strand now
- Chili McA later
- Brown shell strand even later
There's really no use fighting it.post #7918 of 193286/30/16 at 4:14amQuote:Originally Posted by BespokeBrooklyn
We're those Brooks Brothers MacNeils listed as brown, or chili? I saw an unlabeled pair in the Brooks Brothers at Liberty Plaza and assumed they were "teak," then thought some more and decided they were probably chili, but that the texture and brogueing made them look darker than, say, chili Delrays. Either way, I think they look terrific and wish they went up size 14!
When I bought my pebble grain Dundees and oxblood strands, I assumed I was done for the year. Then, I found pebble grain Leeds and black Alden tassel loafers for about $50 each on eBay, and a fellow forum member who wears my size gifted me a pair that he doesn't wear anymore. So, I went from two new pairs (which I considered a treat) to five pairs, which will take me forever to break in and may require a new shoe rack (not to mention new trees, bags, and polishes). My attempt at reigning myself in completely failed, and yet, how can you turn down $50 Aldens in an odd size that may not pop up again for a year or more?
Yes!! I meant Chili. Sorry, I was high on new shoe smell.post #7919 of 193286/30/16 at 5:54ampost #7920 of 193286/30/16 at 6:12am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Tobacco Suede Wholecut Chelsea Boot 10UK Rain last 3 minutes ago
- › True Bespoke suits in NYC? 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...