Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 497post #7442 of 193286/21/16 at 2:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by bathiel
That's cool. I picked up a pair of Yorks on eBay last year and absolutely love them. I was told by a rep at AE that these are about 10 years old. She couldn't pinpoint it for sure. I did some looking back through all the old AE digital catalogs and was able to figure out when they stopped appearing in them, but now I can't recall exactly which year that was.
EDIT--Just took another look at the catalogs. Last one it appeared in was 2003 (https://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/fall-2003-catalog).
Thanks Bernie! I figure they are on the 4 last best I can tell (I have several others on that last and it fits me pretty well). That catalog is awesome! I love looking at the old ones. The Glasgow's have a loose heel, but that should be easy enough to fix. Other than that, they are in desperate need of a polish, but in excellent shape.post #7443 of 193286/21/16 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Echoes14
Here are best I could do for pics. There's a pretty flat part on the toe of one shoe, that extends towards the top of the sole (it's not just on the bottome), and a pretty decent indentation on the side of sole on the other. There's another small splotch of color towards to back on the leather, as well.
Yea I would keep. The laces will indent the tounge in a day anyways. Unless it's unsightly when laced. I understand wanting perfection, especially on your first firsts. But there will always be small unique things on any hand made shoes you buy.post #7444 of 193286/21/16 at 2:12pm
Can't post any pictures at the moment but I just received my Brown Shell Strands from shoebank and they are in perfect condition. I cannot find a flaw. They are in the best condition of any shoes I've received first or seconds. Unless there is something glaring when I put them on my feet these will have been the ultimate steal.post #7445 of 193286/21/16 at 2:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by M2511
Can't post any pictures at the moment but I just received my Brown Shell Strands from shoebank and they are in perfect condition. I cannot find a flaw. They are in the best condition of any shoes I've received first or seconds. Unless there is something glaring when I put them on my feet these will have been the ultimate steal.
Any chance that you are the gent that scooped the 11Ds?post #7446 of 193286/21/16 at 2:27pm
Ok apologies for the quick picture, socks aren't pulled up etc but these are the shells. I while taking the picture I noticed 1 stitch a little but off on the welt but I'm keeping these. That isn't how I will be lacing them either but they were that way in the box and I was trying to make it quick.post #7447 of 193286/21/16 at 2:27pmpost #7448 of 193286/21/16 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lobster33
No, but that's because it's always warm where I live.
I've come to realize that I much prefer single leather soles to double. When it comes time to recraft my Leeds, I'm going with the single.
I also got bashed yesterday by a few friends for posting this pic of my Park Aves with the light blue socks. Apparently that's a no no with fashion. I thought it looked fine, but many people have stated this is not proper. Still learning about socks and fashion..
You should wear whatever socks you want. If you're wearing blue pants, a lighter blue sock is totally cool.post #7449 of 193286/21/16 at 2:51pm
Just got my black shell cordovan Leeds from Paramus. (Kudos to Paramus for good service and quick shipping...Fedex screwed up and delivered them 3 days later than the initial delivery date.) A few minor imperfections on this seconds pair, but nothing major. They look good and fit well, but the lacing gap is a little narrow. (I need instep implants, haha...)post #7450 of 193286/21/16 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by HoldenMI
Just got my black shell cordovan Leeds from Paramus. (Kudos to Paramus for good service and quick shipping...Fedex screwed up and delivered them 3 days later than the initial delivery date.) A few minor imperfections on this seconds pair, but nothing major. They look good and fit well, but the lacing gap is a little narrow. (I need instep implants, haha...)
Can anyone tell me if shell cordovan stretches more or less than calf? If it stretches less, they're definite keepers. Thanks!
Shell definitely stretches less than calf -- it pretty much doesn't stretch at all. But your foot will still gradually settle into the cork of the footbed, so they'll probably feel a little bit looser after some time.post #7451 of 193286/21/16 at 3:11pmQuote:
Thanks! I think some felt tongue pads will do the trick.post #7452 of 193286/21/16 at 3:38pmpost #7453 of 193286/21/16 at 4:49pmpost #7454 of 193286/21/16 at 6:11pmpost #7455 of 193286/21/16 at 6:15pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 15 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 21 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...