Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:40 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 487post #7292 of 193276/18/16 at 11:02ampost #7293 of 193276/18/16 at 11:14amConsidering grabbing a pair of these from Nordstrom Rack's website. What do you think of them? Are they basically Fifth Avenues?post #7294 of 193276/18/16 at 12:30pmQuote:
I've recently owned a pair of those. They are on the 8 last, so a little more narrow than the 5ave. Great color though... It fits a wardrobe heavy with inky blues and deep greys. Could probably do black trousers with them, too. Great shoe.post #7295 of 193276/18/16 at 12:55pmpost #7296 of 193276/18/16 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
Both are 3 eyelet split welt on the "1" (511) last. For a while seems like Dundee 1.0 was shell only and Malvern was calf only. About three years ago they dropped the Malvern, leaving them with no calf chukka.
When they brought out the Dundee 2.0, it was available in calf, shade, or shell.
Have never heard of fit was any different.
Why does the Katmai never get any love?post #7297 of 193276/18/16 at 1:02pm
@Neo1 - Those are all great-looking shoes, but the Club Monacos and Ralph Laurens aren't available in my size. I don't think of the Kenwood as a downgrade, but its definitely more casual. I considered the Brooks Persidio, but they're similar-enough to my dark brown McGraws that I'm worried they'll be redundant. I think burgundy shell and tan saddle in that style are both far more casual than dark brown, which is why I'm interested . . . if they Kenwoods had tan stitching, instead of white contrast stitching, I'd almost definitely grab them. Unlined shoes in that sort of leather feel like a well-oiled baseball mitt.
Quote:Originally Posted by Neo1
The McGraw - a shoe I tried more than once but the damn 234 just isn't for me. Damn fine shoes. The Kenwood is kind of a downgrade compared to that don't you think?
How casual do you want to get? I'd look at the Addison, Club Monaco South Beach and RL Shanley. You made me think of that f-ing Dornoch I could never get to fit either.post #7298 of 193276/18/16 at 1:08pmpost #7299 of 193276/18/16 at 1:15pmpost #7300 of 193276/18/16 at 1:19pmpost #7301 of 193276/18/16 at 4:04pmpost #7302 of 193276/18/16 at 4:04pmpost #7303 of 193276/18/16 at 4:14pmpost #7304 of 193276/18/16 at 4:37pm
I wanted to apologize - wasn't trying to be a jerk. This is my personal opinion - you know how lots of members are super against the 333 because of the squared off front? The comparisons drawn to cheap department store junk? I actually tried a Kenwood - it fit me very well too - something about the shape worked better for high instep than most of the other loafers. I just couldn't get past the fact that it looked like a bass loafer, like something you could get at an outlet for sub 30 dollars. I picked up a Maxfield, Rye and Concord Ave, none of which fit as good as the Kenwood but they just looked dressier. I finally "compromised" and picked up one of the older Sanibels (which does in fact fit like the Kenwood) since they switched over to the 555 for the new ones. Guess what? First comments I received were, "wow, usually your shoes are much nicer, did you switch to payless?". So if you like the Kenwood, go for em, they are good shoes. If I could get a pair of the grain BB version at a really cheap price I'd probably do it, otherwise I decided to pass.
I would NOT recommend jumping over to the Presidio - that's probably one of the narrowest shoes I've ever tried. Absolute glove fit for me, but I'm a C width and wearing a D if that gives you any indication. Good consolation prize for the McGraw not working out (which was the better shoe anyway).post #7305 of 193276/18/16 at 7:29pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 50 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 10 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 12 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...