The V-gap completely closes on this shoe, but my feet are more swollen in the morning
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on 1/24/17 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 482post #7217 of 193346/17/16 at 5:06amQuote:Originally Posted by smfdoc
I completely understand your comments as AE has made a large number of split toes over the years and currently has several. After looking closely at the toes I began to appreciate the subtle variations in assembly, sole, length of split and style of welt that pushes one shoe into the dressier category and another towards the casual. The Stockbridge is a good example of the more casual. It has exposed leather edges on the split and vamp stitching and rubber soles for a far more casual appearance.
The Walton starts to move up the casual scale towards dressier. The split toe seam is no longer exposed as it is joined internally. The vamp is sewn down with three rows of stitching as opposed to two. The sole is a single oak leather, but it is still a storm welt without the double stitch into the side of the shoe.
The length of the split toe stitch and profile of the toe adds to the dressier style of the shoe. It seems longer split toe seams are seen in dressier shoes, like the Delray.
So, those seem to be the variables and now you will have far more to consider when selecting several pairs of split toe shoes for the closet. And you likely never wanted to think this much about the subject.
Can't believe you forgot the best onepost #7218 of 193346/17/16 at 5:46ampost #7219 of 193346/17/16 at 6:04amQuote:
I like both moc toe as well as split toe and think there is place for both. Both of these break the monotony from wings and caps equally well, two fine examples here -
AE singleton -
And the split toe boot by another "reputable" makerpost #7220 of 193346/17/16 at 6:16ampost #7221 of 193346/17/16 at 8:24amQuote:
I'm not even sure how you could forget these. If I had them my McTavish would almost never be worn. If I could find those in my size I'd be all over them despite my self imposed spending freeze hah.post #7222 of 193346/17/16 at 8:25amQuote:
There is a pair of suede Byrons in my size on the bay. Heavily tempted.post #7223 of 193346/17/16 at 8:33ampost #7224 of 193346/17/16 at 8:34ampost #7225 of 193346/17/16 at 8:34amQuote:
Jealous... There are a pair of Indy Line shoes in my size on there but I don't remember if its the same seller as the last time I saw them up. I know they sold and for $30 than current asking. If it isn't the same seller I'm thinking there is a reason the number of photos posted is limited.Quote:
There is always a need.post #7226 of 193346/17/16 at 8:43ampost #7227 of 193346/17/16 at 8:45ampost #7228 of 193346/17/16 at 8:48amHey Guys....
Noticed there is very little love for the Clifton or Madison Avenue. I think these look great in Walnut and can be very versatile. Is there any love for these models and what are your thoughts?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpost #7229 of 193346/17/16 at 8:53amQuote:
I assume you mean Madison Park, which actually gets a lot of love on here. I agree, great looking walnut shoe. I've seen some Cliftons on the bay that I've been tempted by. Solid looking shoe.post #7230 of 193346/17/16 at 8:56amQuote:Originally Posted by MattRivQuote:
I assume you mean Madison Park, which actually gets a lot of love on here. I agree, great looking walnut shoe. I've seen some Cliftons on the bay that I've been tempted by. Solid looking shoe.
No I meant the Madison Avenue. It's a cap toe blucher similar to the Clifton
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 16 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...