or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 472

post #7066 of 17671
Trying on my oxblood dainite Strands. It may take a while to get accustomed to 13 EEE. I like these so much, but part of me wants to take advantage of the Merlot promotion while it's still ongoing, on the grounds that it might go better with dark business suits than oxblood. Then again, perhaps I just need to learn to leave well-enough alone.

post #7067 of 17671
Sublime Shell... (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Tuesday. Allen Edmonds Walnut Shell Cordovan "Strand" Semi-Brogue. Marcoliani Brown Argyles OTC. Epaulet Cotton Lightweight Khaki Twill Trousers.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Those are world-class...

post #7068 of 17671
Hey all, brown Cornwallis finally came in (again) after the back order. At least this pair's flaws aren't too noticeable... But:






The left edge of the right shoe protrudes and is definitely "Chewed" up a little. Also the brouging is very slightly off - which doesn't bother me. I'm flustered with the edge for sure. Am I being a baby or are these worthy of another exchange?
post #7069 of 17671
In regards to the midnight navy run, have most received their shoes or at least shipping confirmation? Sadly I've received neither and patience is not a virtue I possess.
post #7070 of 17671
@ACE13X thank you for looking out on eBay for the shell daltons. My wife was hesitant of keeping them but she is coming around.



post #7071 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by naspratt View Post

Shell Strand Sunday.


I want this shoe.

 

Except in a 201 last so it fits. But, still, in shell this is one of those perfect shoe designs.

post #7072 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post

Hey all, brown Cornwallis finally came in (again) after the back order. At least this pair's flaws aren't too noticeable... But:






The left edge of the right shoe protrudes and is definitely "Chewed" up a little. Also the brouging is very slightly off - which doesn't bother me. I'm flustered with the edge for sure. Am I being a baby or are these worthy of another exchange?

They are your shoes, but I think you are finding things that, while there, will never be noticed by any other person. I find the level of delay and frustration from multiple returns to not be worth the effort for such a issue. But that's me and I didn't spend the money.
post #7073 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post


The left edge of the right shoe protrudes and is definitely "Chewed" up a little.

 

That's not a flaw. Even if it is, nobody on earth will notice. The first time you slightly miss a step or kick the curb getting out of your car you'll leave a scratch on the edge of the sole that's worse. Then you'll just touch it with some dressing and go about your life like the rest of us.

 

Trust me, you are likely to get much worse back if you send those in. That game can go on forever. I say suck it up and never tell anyone. They won't ever notice it, and your secret is safe with us.

post #7074 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishrifle View Post

In regards to the midnight navy run, have most received their shoes or at least shipping confirmation? Sadly I've received neither and patience is not a virtue I possess.

Mine were slated to be delivered to retail location ( I like the sense of occasion to pick up and try on there) this week but are now looking more like next week. Not shipped for sure! I did officially order on the last day though.
post #7075 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

They are your shoes, but I think you are finding things that, while there, will never be noticed by any other person. I find the level of delay and frustration from multiple returns to not be worth the effort for such a issue. But that's me and I didn't spend the money.

Agree, from this pic I don't think I would even be mad about that. I can't really tell what the issue is. AEs tend to lack attention to detail in edge of welt finishing in my experience any way so I wouldn't sweat. But they yo shoes bruh.
post #7076 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceIS View Post

Hey all, brown Cornwallis finally came in (again) after the back order. At least this pair's flaws aren't too noticeable... But:






The left edge of the right shoe protrudes and is definitely "Chewed" up a little. Also the brouging is very slightly off - which doesn't bother me. I'm flustered with the edge for sure. Am I being a baby or are these worthy of another exchange?

If that is all that is wrong with that pair, I wouldn't worry about it.  I might be disappointed, but odds are you're not going to get a perfect pair no matter how many times you exchange.  

post #7077 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by styleaudit91 View Post


Mine were slated to be delivered to retail location ( I like the sense of occasion to pick up and try on there) this week but are now looking more like next week. Not shipped for sure! I did officially order on the last day though.

 

I did the same, except ordered 1 or 2 days before the last day, and to my outlet location which I prefer over my retail location.  No news yet for me.  The one drawback is I'll likely walk out with 2 pairs of shoes when I pick them up, possibly 3.

post #7078 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishrifle View Post

In regards to the midnight navy run, have most received their shoes or at least shipping confirmation? Sadly I've received neither and patience is not a virtue I possess.

 

Mine are arriving today.  Definitely less than four weeks from order date.

post #7079 of 17671

Some kind of unannounced big sale on seconds seems to be starting. Prices on almost everything in the Shoebank just dropped. Shell seconds are all listed at $399 now, down from $529, along with lots of other discounts. 

post #7080 of 17671
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm928 View Post
 

Some kind of unannounced big sale on seconds seems to be starting. Prices on almost everything in the Shoebank just dropped. Shell seconds are all listed at $399 now, down from $529, along with lots of other discounts. 

 

I'm guessing the tent sale. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc