We're talking black, right?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 465post #6961 of 193276/12/16 at 10:06ampost #6962 of 193276/12/16 at 10:32amYes, definitely black. I was considering a Bloor Street, but came across a good-looking pair of Byrons that would be a less-expensive alternative, but not of they were considered too casual. I think a discrete punch-cap will be fine for even my dressier occasions.post #6963 of 193276/12/16 at 10:35ampost #6964 of 193276/12/16 at 10:39amQuote:I agree that either in black would perfectly fine. A nice shine and you will be in the top 1% in the crowd. I recently attended a wedding and really checked out the shoes. I saw a few pairs of really great shoes and the rest was a sea of rubber soles, square toes and a large percentage in need of a shine and brushing. The traditional standards for footwear observed by forum members is nearly unknown by the majority of attendees. These shell Aldens with the same brougued cap toe would be some of the best looking shoes at a wedding.post #6965 of 193276/12/16 at 11:02amQuote:
YMMV, but mine did not have any flaws, 2nds markings, etc. Keep in mind, they run short and narrow. I ordered my 5-last size and up 1/2 length and both were too small.post #6966 of 193276/12/16 at 11:23amQuote:
I own black fifth and PA and you literally cannot tell the difference unless you lean down and really look at them. A polished black fifth will look better and more formal than 99% of people in virtually any setting.post #6967 of 193276/12/16 at 11:53ampost #6968 of 193276/12/16 at 11:54am
Kirkwoods' maiden voyage for a casual Friday. Extra artsy points for reflection in the car door.
I will warn you filthy barnweasels that these have practically no support. They're not much of a match for office concrete floors covered by the cheapest carpet imaginable. I was definitely feeling it by the end of the day. Did get a "nice shoes" compliment, though!post #6969 of 193276/12/16 at 1:03pmpost #6970 of 193276/12/16 at 1:18pmpost #6971 of 193276/12/16 at 1:26pmpost #6972 of 193276/12/16 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by DustinM
Friends, would appreciate any input as it relates to fit on my recent purchase. There's a bit of bowing on both Strand firsts and McTavish seconds. I was measured 10D brannock and these are both that size.
I don't know if this is caused by:
-the anatomy of my foot relative to the 5 last
-shoe defect (perhaps in the case of the McT)
Also below is a pic of my existing Cliftons in 10D, purchased at Nordstrom. I never realized there is a bit of a gap but they otherwise are comfortable and seem to fit well.
Appreciate any thoughts!
Following up in this--made the trek down to Costa Mesa yesterday and after trying on 5 pairs in various sizes/widths, determined my best fit with no bowing is a 10E. This week I also confirmed that I do in fact have flat feet (both my physical therapist and the rep at AE say so). S/O to @rtd1 and @ryansto for figuring this out based on pics alone!
Time to send back some shoes and get the right size...post #6973 of 193276/12/16 at 1:51pmpost #6974 of 193276/12/16 at 1:55pmQuote:
Honestly, I think that you're better off satisfying the "every man should have one pair of black cap toe oxfords" with a Fifth Avenue more than a Park Avenue. The punched cap adds just the right amount of flair while still remaining eminently conservative.post #6975 of 193276/12/16 at 1:57pm
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 29 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...