Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 454  

post #6796 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by M635Guy View Post
 

 

:rotflmao:

 

Please do that

 

:worship:


Done.

 

post #6797 of 19334

Here is a pic of the new Blue Strand in the wild yesterday while at lunch. They look blue in the sunlight (or a blue/black), but under the office lights of my office they almost look black.
post #6798 of 19334
Low to mid 90s and humid - summer is here. So it's time for the Strawfuts
post #6799 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post

Any thoughts on the northland moc in red? I plan to wear them informally with shorts. Most of my shorts are a shade of blue or navy which is why I think red would be a good fit. Fwiw I already have a pair of brown suede sperrys
Don't own them, but I like them. Actually, I like all four of them and just haven't pulled the trigger on any because I already have a Boone, Maritime, Strawfut, and a Sea Island on the way for summer shoes. If I get any more the all year shoes won't get enough wears during the summer.
post #6800 of 19334

Wearing some Chesters I found on the bay for $25. Needed some TLC but looking pretty good now.

post #6801 of 19334
Boot week continues. What a horrible week to choose for it too. Been 95+ degrees every day this week. Should have made it boat shoe week instead...
post #6802 of 19334

Busy day, and quick trip to SF and back - wearing the McT Mistake Tagnacs (Cognacs that are actually an antiqued tan) in UA First today (no pix because too dark and don't want to freak out the guy in the next seat...)

post #6803 of 19334

Its "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today's style is the Fulton. The Fulton is another plain toe blucher with an Othello sole. Discontinued in February 2007, it is made of "Saddlehorn leather that looks and feels like a baseball glove. Leather lotion is the only care product to remove scuff and uniform the color. The Fulton is past of the Comfort Series that also included the Mapleton and both feature contrast stitching and a reverse stitch storm welt. With a padded insole, it is a rugged and comfortable casual shoe. They are occasionally seen on Ebay and a really good condition version will be around $60.

 

 

Its partner, the Mapleton.

 

post #6804 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post


Here is a pic of the new Blue Strand in the wild yesterday while at lunch. They look blue in the sunlight (or a blue/black), but under the office lights of my office they almost look black.

I keep commenting on these, but they look absolutely incredible- AE hit a home run with midnight navy. Mine are supposed to come in tomorrow, which means I'll definitely be wearing them Monday.
post #6805 of 19334


Good point on the last difference.  I think I am going to keep these.  As I wear them around the office a bit more, I can't help but notice the comfort.  The complements on their looks help too.   I do want to purchase another pair of boots, but I think I need to avoid another wing tip.  As many of you, I have A LOT of wing tips.  I'm thinking maybe a dark brown cap toe boot.  I have the Frieburgs in tan, and have considered them in the russet color because I love the way they fit but I have seen some bad experience with those boots in the russet (poor leather quality-loose grain etc).  I suppose at just over $100 it would be worth a shot. 

post #6806 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC2 View Post

It's seems as though the recommendation from this thread is to not use conditioner-cleaner on burnished shoes.

I have the McAllister in merlot and the Strand in walnut - both are burnished.

What is the new/current recommended approach to caring for these? Stick with lotion and light polish?

They look great and I'd like to retain that as long as possible.

 

I use Bick 4 to condition and then polish. If I want a slightly darker shade, I add a bit of black polish on top of the walnut. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Has anyone ever had Allen Edmonds refuse to recraft/resole their shoes? And what reason did they give for turning down the request? I want to topy just the tip of my shoes to slow down the wear and was curious if this would be okay or not.

 

Why not just get toe taps installed?

post #6807 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post
 

Its "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today's style is the Fulton. The Fulton is another plain toe blucher with an Othello sole. Discontinued in February 2007, it is made of "Saddlehorn leather that looks and feels like a baseball glove. Leather lotion is the only care product to remove scuff and uniform the color. The Fulton is past of the Comfort Series that also included the Mapleton and both feature contrast stitching and a reverse stitch storm welt. With a padded insole, it is a rugged and comfortable casual shoe. They are occasionally seen on Ebay and a really good condition version will be around $60.

 

 

Its partner, the Mapleton.

 

 

Love the Mapleton's!  I have a pair I bought at the tent sale a few years back (probably more than a few now).  I only wish I would have bought them in brown instead of black.  I have little use for a black casual shoe these days but they are rugged and comfortable. Nice to see another pair out in the wild!

post #6808 of 19334

Got my notice that my Navy Strands have shipped out. They'll be here Tuesday.

 

GET HYPE

post #6809 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHiro View Post

Got my notice that my Navy Strands have shipped out. They'll be here Tuesday.

GET HYPE

Strandbowl friggen CONFIRMED!

What is hype can never die.

Btw, does it seem to anyone else that these blue shoes got turned around incredibly quickly? And with seemingly excellent results from what I've seen.

If this is the maiden run for AE's revamped MTO program, then I'm impressed.
post #6810 of 19334
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Strandbowl friggen CONFIRMED!

What is hype can never die.

Btw, does it seem to anyone else that these blue shoes got turned around incredibly quickly? And with seemingly excellent results from what I've seen.

If this is the maiden run for AE's revamped MTO program, then I'm impressed.

 

I've noticed that no one has gotten blue Cornwallises yet . . . it will be interesting to see the first pair of those. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc