Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- "Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome... Last post on 1/12/13 at 10:00am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ***MINT / WORN ONCE*** Allen Edmonds Weybridge 7D (Black) Last post on 10/17/11 at 12:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info Last post on Yesterday at 4:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 3/22/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 450post #6737 of 193346/8/16 at 7:20am
I read somewhere, possibly even on the old thread, that AE makes shoes that are strictly for the rack. Is this true? The boardwalk longwing, riverside derby, and 6th ave were named as such shoes. Are there others or are these the primary three?post #6738 of 193346/8/16 at 7:28ampost #6739 of 193346/8/16 at 7:42ampost #6740 of 193346/8/16 at 7:43am
Can any of you fine gentleman opine on the fit of the Randolph? I have a narrow foot with a low instep and have found a a shoe a width bigger than my 5 last and brannock size on ebay at a very low price.
I suppose the best option is to stop by the store, but wanted to ask.
thanks!post #6741 of 193346/8/16 at 8:05amI'm really considering the broad street, but not sure about the 73. Can anyone tell me how it compares to the 65 and/or 333? It says more room across the forefoot, but with the angle, I'm having a hard time figuring out whether to try 65 size or go up.post #6742 of 193346/8/16 at 8:07ampost #6743 of 193346/8/16 at 8:08amQuote:
I've done some research on this recently and what I found is that the 73 even wider than the 511. I wear the same size in the 65 and the 511, but I think if my 511 shoe was any wider I would need to go down a width.post #6744 of 193346/8/16 at 8:22am@MattRiv
1. The 73 is a little deceiving - it's more pointed but is actually wider. Start w/ 65 and go from there.
2. The vamp comes down way low on the Randolph but that shouldn't bother you. They are quite wide though - same width, maybe lower, would not go up.post #6745 of 193346/8/16 at 9:01amQuote:
The Broadstreets look great! How about the 73 last? They seem to be kinda wide.post #6746 of 193346/8/16 at 10:06ampost #6747 of 193346/8/16 at 10:07ampost #6748 of 193346/8/16 at 10:30am
Sam Altman is the president of Y Combinator, one of the biggest venture capital funds in the US. Y Combinator has backed Airbnb, Dropbox, Zenefits and Stripe. Altman was recently in Lindon for a series of meetings, one of which was at the Ritz. The Ritz has a strict dress code that states, "Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie ... trainers and sportswear are not permitted in any of the hotel or Club’s restaurants or bars."
Sam later tweeted "To be totally clear on this Ritz thing: I fully support their right to enforce a dress code, and my right to wear cool shoes."
Many commenters concluded this only proved London was not "tech friendly." I have concluded there are just some locations where worn jeans and "cool shoes" are simply not appropriate, especially when he can clearly afford to buy a descent pair of appropriate shoes and slacks. Ugly American indeed.post #6749 of 193346/8/16 at 10:37ampost #6750 of 193346/8/16 at 10:46am
First time poster, long time lurker here. I have a question about the AE Dalton, specifically with Dainite sole. I recently picked a pair up from the Shoe Bank in walnut for what seems like a really good price. I do like them. I own a bunch of AE's and others, but this is my first pair with Dainite. The question is, do you think I should return them and wait for a pair with leather soles? I intend to wear them mostly with jeans and dress pants (not suits per se). The sole is rather comfy but I am worried about durability. I have considered a pair of the Sauk Drives in brown as an alternative. Any thoughts? And thank you for all of the wonderful advice on this site!
Here is what they look like-very attractive and very comfy.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Washed jeans look like raw denim? 27 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 35 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 40 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...